Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

iOS Ad Videos crash the game

Device
  1. iPad
Username
Fair Winds
Dear GI,

I have tried to raise a ticket for the crashing videos bug but it won’t go through. Please sort this problem out as soon as possible. A crashing game and lack of playing elements, ie speed ups is not good enough. An additional bonus or credit should also be considered for the inconvenience and lost playing time.

Come on GI - get this sorted.
This has been going on for two weeks. It is very annoying and it appears GI team is not interested is sorting out the interface glitch. Throws the game into chaos, making the gamer thinking - is it worth putting anyone more money into playing the game!!!

Pilot Keith R

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03ofhzv7b
Username
Pilot Keith R
I agree, I’ve given up a little at the minute as the ad failing and giving a black screen forcing me to boot the game over and over and over again, well, I’d rather just not bother playing
It’s really not good enough. I run an alliance and my team are really getting pissed off with this. It is affecting their ability to go tasks, play the game and are losing interest. Speed ups and videos are limited enough normally and this failure to even take the limited benefits is seriously poor.

As i said before, if anyone connected with GI bothers to read these comments, GET IT SORTED AND SOON!

Device
  1. iPad
Username
Fair Winds
Not really. I watched six ads. Three crashed the game.
It was great to play the for a few days with no ad issues. Now back to the ad interfacing problems, the “black screen of death” with no work arounds. I guess GI is really not interested in fixing/resolving the issue. Have to play other games that do work. Have fun everyone, if you can...

Hi I watch videos to get credit towards upgrading the game studio but I get to the end of the video and when I press the “x” to close it, the screen goes black, I have to restart the iOS app and get no credit.

is anyone else getting this? It’s been a problem on and off all week, since this new challenge started.
I just experienced it once. When I watch I accidentally clicked on the screen, went to the advertisement game download page, and then switched to the game. There was FOUR raven plane that was sailing.
Then there was a raven plane missing

Last edited:
Device
  1. iPad
Username
Fair Winds
I just experienced it once. When I watch I accidentally clicked on the screen, went to the advertisement game download page, and then switched to the game. There was FOUR raven plane that was sailing.
Then there was a raven plane missing
The ad interfacing continues. Very frustrating. Anyone else still having that issue.

simister77

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
0385ivbzg
Username
sim77
I too am having troubles. Last week on iOS, ads work and returned to game. Now I am stuck, ad loads and can view, then my game freezes with a black screen. I need to restart the game and its frustrating. Especially trying to get three items to upgrade a Resources Base to Level 3, missing 1x Jaw Chuck, 1x Impact Marking Machine, 1x Collet. if there is anyone that could help me...friend code: 0385ivbzg thxs

Device
  1. iPad
Username
Fair Winds
I too am having troubles. Last week on iOS, ads work and returned to game. Now I am stuck, ad loads and can view, then my game freezes with a black screen. I need to restart the game and its frustrating. Especially trying to get three items to upgrade a Resources Base to Level 3, missing 1x Jaw Chuck, 1x Impact Marking Machine, 1x Collet. if there is anyone that could help me...friend code: 0385ivbzg thxs
Another update, ad interfacing issue not resolved yet...frustrating...no info from GI...

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03xt61tgh
Username
Pilot Ivan
I have found ads for goods and services here in Australia work, but the ads for games apps crash; GI answered my service request with a promise to fix in a later update. Since the Holiday Rush update, only games apps:- they all crash. Can't speed flights, do 6th visits, get large plane repair and building upgrade items. :rolleyes:
I am running game on an Iphone here in Canada, and just a couple days ago had the same thing happen to me. I have noticed that it is only the ads that have the "X" to close it in the upper right corner cause my problem. The upper left "X" ads do not cause any trouble. I have complained multiple times but have not gotten any help from them yet other than being asked to restart the game, ensure I have the most recent version and to close out all other things on my phone while using it, which I have done. I have a very strong WI FI signal and internet connection.

Device
  1. iPad
Username
Fair Winds
I am running game on an Iphone here in Canada, and just a couple days ago had the same thing happen to me. I have noticed that it is only the ads that have the "X" to close it in the upper right corner cause my problem. The upper left "X" ads do not cause any trouble. I have complained multiple times but have not gotten any help from them yet other than being asked to restart the game, ensure I have the most recent version and to close out all other things on my phone while using it, which I have done. I have a very strong WI FI signal and internet connection.
I play several other games - seaport, SimCity, townships, etc, all have ads with nil problems; therefore, it has to be programming issues with GI and the interfacing of their ads. My plan/play is maintaining the City in its present level and once a day check the speed up button on planes to see if the fix, if any has happened...

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
039f24f3s
Username
DuffyD67
It seems to only be the ads where you have to click that you're "over 16" that keep crashing for me. I'd click "over 16", watch the video, and then get a black screen. Did that a few times and finally just restart the game whenever I see the "over 16" question. Definitely frustrating!!

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03xt61tgh
Username
Pilot Ivan
My iOS as well; 30% speed increase, and getting extra neighbour gifts ok, but extra factory production and getting items for building updates freeze game in black screen needing a full restart, no items but reset clocks on factories! I am copying this and sending it in a support request.
Just wondering if you ever heard back from GI about this? Today is 1 month from the first report of this problem.

Top Bottom