Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

7.3 update

andy8758

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03574n8b
Username
Andy8758
@Captain WH Rollins guides contain in totality the kind of detail and information to the game that I have paid £20 for as a guide book for previous games. What might be missing is a game overview guide that advises new players in a series of bullet points on what objectives to set to succeed and develop their game. This might then become a “sticky” at the top of the guides section.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04gdf349
Username
ArGi1981
In fairness to newbies to the forum, if you search QL in the search bar, you get no results as there are too many occurrences.
Or just read this bleeping thread! Question's been asked in this thread a couple of times already, sometimes the answer is one post above the duplicate question!

I'm all in for being nice to people who just joined here and all, but I don't think it's too much to ask for people to just read a few posts in the thread they are posting in. I'm not saying they should know what QL stands for or how to find the manuals. But kindness should come from two sides: If they found this thread and have a question, it's only fair to expect them to skim through the topic to see if their question has been asked before.

BobbinsPilot

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
209mxmo3
Username
BobbinsPilot
Some of the angry / frustrated responses from people who have been playing the game longer than the newer members epitomizes why the principals of forums died out in the 90's. You look all over the net where forums still exist, even in friendly places like this and there is always a them and us mentality. Time for me to remove my VIP status and move on.

Some of the angry / frustrated responses from people who have been playing the game longer than the newer members epitomizes why the principals of forums died out in the 90's. You look all over the net where forums still exist, even in friendly places like this and there is always a them and us mentality. Time for me to remove my VIP status and move on.
Not everyone shoots from the hip, there are some of us who at any given time will answer, advice or "guide" to your satisfaction. All you have to do is find the right people and answers and ignore the rest of the other stuff.

As I've always said "pop me a pm or tag and I'll happily answer and help.

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
@Captain - good morning.

With regards to your introduction, to new members when they first join the forum, I have been wondering if it would be a good idea to include a paragraph, which would inform new members about the user guides, and where to find them.

It seems there are many who do not know they exist, when they first sign-up, until told so by other forum members. I think this would help prevent many of the repeated questions, that are posted by new members, who do not know about the user guides (or have not explored the members forum).

I have the following paragraph in my signature page, which you could insert into your introuction. You will need to rewrite the paragraph, so it fits in with your introduction:

There is a wealth of user guide information located in the Airport City Guides sub section, of the members forum. I have written the user guides to help you with your game. They will provide you with all the information you need, to help you make a success of your game. The user guides can also be accessed via the following link https://www.airportcitygame.com/forums/capt-wh-rollins-guides.65/

What do you think?

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

From my beginnings in this forum, at the beginning of 2018 I have to say that I have read most of the guides written by @Captain WH Rollins, my qualification for those guides and the time taken to create them is to admire and thank, it is also true that there are Too much content for newcomers, great note from @Teboho, I always found members of this forum willing to help me and explain many of the possibilities of this game.

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Not everyone shoots from the hip, there are some of us who at any given time will answer, advice or "guide" to your satisfaction. All you have to do is find the right people and answers and ignore the rest of the other stuff.

As I've always said "pop me a pm or tag and I'll happily answer and help.

I often receive a PM from new members to the forum, with a question or a series of questions. I'm ways happy to help those who may feel more comfortable through this means. They soon become neighbours, which then allows me to help them further with their game e.g. gift items needed towards building upgrades, in the early stages of their game. It is so easy for new members to fall away, and stop playing altogether.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
@Raquella1888 been a member of this forum for 4 months and you did not know a QL bonus accelerates a space flight by 90%? And so many other Forum members did not know about QL bonuses? We are clearly failing as a group if newer members are not understanding the importance and workings of the space launches within the first couple of weeks of joining us o_Oo_O
I agree to an extent. Many of us know the workings of this game already, so we no longer discuss the basics such as QLs and the like. It's normal for the newer members to not know these valuable bits of information.

However, it is their responsibility to seek that information for themselves. Research! Use the search bar and look up terms in the forum that you arent familiar with. Chances are high that a thread related to your search will pop up with all the information you could want....and then some. If after doing your own research you don't understand, then post the question in that thread and you will most likely get a very detailed answer.

This forum revolutionized the game for so many of us; made it 100 times better. Too bad it's not the official forum for GI (but for any sensible AC player, it is the only legit source for information)

Arggers

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
272ehvl7
Username
Arggers
I agree to an extent. Many of us know the workings of this game already, so we no longer discuss the basics such as QLs and the like. It's normal for the newer members to not know these valuable bits of information.

However, it is their responsibility to seek that information for themselves. Research! Use the search bar and look up terms in the forum that you arent familiar with. Chances are high that a thread related to your search will pop up with all the information you could want....and then some. If after doing your own research you don't understand, then post the question in that thread and you will most likely get a very detailed answer.

This forum revolutionized the game for so many of us; made it 100 times better. Too bad it's not the official forum for GI (but for any sensible AC player, it is the only legit source for information)
Agree 99.9% off this.
Just think we could rearrange Captain WH's section to be a little more user friendly, especially as some of the sections then relate to other things.

derracher

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
044roxdm
Username
derracher
Try also to remember we are not all English native speakers. Sometimes it is difficult to read a big post and to understand all. 😉
I searched for a long time the signification of QL and it is impossible to make a research with a 2 letter word. It's true it needs some effort to search and some humans don't want to do it.

Try also to remember we are not all English native speakers. Sometimes it is difficult to read a big post and to understand all. 😉
I searched for a long time the signification of QL and it is impossible to make a research with a 2 letter word. It's true it needs some effort to search and some humans don't want to do it.

I have to say your English is better than my French !!

Regards
Harcourt

@Captain - good morning.

With regards to your introduction, to new members when they first join the forum, I have been wondering if it would be a good idea to include a paragraph, which would inform new members about the user guides, and where to find them.

It seems there are many who do not know they exist, when they first sign-up, until told so by other forum members. I think this would help prevent many of the repeated questions, that are posted by new members, who do not know about the user guides (or have not explored the members forum).

I have the following paragraph in my signature page, which you could insert into your introuction. You will need to rewrite the paragraph, so it fits in with your introduction:

There is a wealth of user guide information located in the Airport City Guides sub section, of the members forum. I have written the user guides to help you with your game. They will provide you with all the information you need, to help you make a success of your game. The user guides can also be accessed via the following link https://www.airportcitygame.com/forums/capt-wh-rollins-guides.65/

What do you think?

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

A fantastic idea in which I have now added a section to the welcome message drawing there attention to your guide section.

Top Bottom