Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

SASgold

150+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
035wwj2gl
Username
SASgold
If we sum up the numbers from samples above, we're up to 110 dolls in 610 flights. Assuming the same % for all flights (and for each doll) that is 0,18 dolls/flight, or about 3.6% chance of getting a specific doll each flight (I'm pretty sure the drops of the different dolls are calculated separately).

hzdjj

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03spdifke
Username
hzdjj
Is this supposed to be a joke for me?😭😭

Hello! We're back from the winter holidays and ready to announce the next update.
We're expecting it to be released this week.

🐲🐲 🐲
View attachment 24418

Can you hear fireworks crackling? Do you see the red paper lanterns? That means Airport City is preparing to celebrate the Lunar New Year. Join the festival! Some say a dragon is rising from his slumber somewhere outside the city...

Complete quests and earn your reward! You'll also receive Red Envelopes for every action you complete during the current adventure: banishing demons from your city and the cities of your neighbors, launching special flights, visiting the Chinese Shop and the Puppet Theatre and completing several quests in a row. You can use Red Envelopes to buy unique buildings and bonuses. Hurry, the Red Envelopes will shoot into the sky and fly away when the adventure ends!

View attachment 24416
  • Complete the Dragon Rising special event to get a Pagoda!
  • Pagoda is a resedential building that takes 2x2 tiles and produces 24 passengers every 4 hours.
  • Pagoda also boosts output of residential buildings by 3% within a 2 tile radius and increases max. population of your city by 20.
  • Collect Red Envelopes during the event and participate in the event ratings.
  • Use Red Envelopes to purchase buildings, bonuses, item sets, and unique alliance badges in the event store.
  • One more building, Lord of Weather, will be available through direct purchase and will provide event collectible items for the duration of the event.

View attachment 24417

PLUS:
  • Airplane pathfinding improvements. "traffic jams" should appear less.
  • Game stability tweaks that will boost performance on low-tier devices
  • in-game fonts update.
View attachment 24420
🎆🎆🎆

Attachments

• C21412AE-2051-4530-ACAC-BCF5C2080F79.png
    C21412AE-2051-4530-ACAC-BCF5C2080F79.png
    4.6 MB · Views: 177

PLMerry

500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20rwgvgx
Username
PLMerry [what I need], PLM2, & PLM3
55 dolls from 296 flights - including 6 full collections
Also, though the new gifting system is addressing the mystery of the disappearing gifts - I have lost much less gifts since the change (if any)
Since this last update I have not lost any gifts. It appears that the button grays until the gift is processed then either disappears or changes to send. The pause I don't mind because It means the operation is happening, but the complete disappearing of the gift seems to be the issue most people have.

I think most people would prefer the gifting system to be put back to where is was before the update.

" If it ain't broke, don't fix it " !!

Regards
Harcourt
But it was broke. Gifts were regularly disappearing, but sometimes the cure is worst than the problem was to start with. I think what Ur-quan is saying is that the whole gifting feature is going to be changed at some point to be determined in the future.

Kiwi Claire

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20jg0m2oy
Username
Kiwi C: [item/s]
With respect to event item drops from buildings, I would give the 'ballpark' figures as;
Often ~20-30% (i.e. 1 in 3 to 1 in 5) chance.
Very Seldom ~7-10% (i.e. 1 in 10 to 1 in 14) chance.

Its a shame we are not given specific values rather than vague terms.
and having 9 or 10 of each of 4 dolls with 0 of the 5th... is so interesting given all supposedly have such similar drop-chance.

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
Its a shame we are not given specific values rather than vague terms.
and having 9 or 10 of each of 4 dolls with 0 of the 5th... is so interesting given all supposedly have such similar drop-chance.
It's the law of averages I'm afraid.
Some of my most extreme examples have over 180 of one item in a collection, and 0 of another.

I am hearing you.. I have 9 planes going to event destinations and the drop rate is terrible.. I am lucky to get any dolls in a day and have been waiting for 3 x jingle dolls for about 3 days. I have 7 to 11 of every other doll... :rolleyes:

OMGosh.. it really works.. have a whinge here on the forum and things magically happen.. since I posted this comment this afternoon, the 3 jingle dolls I needed have come in!!! :woot: now to build a few more puppet theatres and finish this event.. (y)😁

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
OMGosh.. it really works.. have a whinge here on the forum and things magically happen.. since I posted this comment this afternoon, the 3 jingle dolls I needed have come in!!! :woot: now to build a few more puppet theatres and finish this event.. (y)😁

You should whinge more often, good neighbour, very well played.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

I am hearing you.. I have 9 planes going to event destinations and the drop rate is terrible.. I am lucky to get any dolls in a day and have been waiting for 3 x jingle dolls for about 3 days. I have 7 to 11 of every other doll... :rolleyes:
It is the same thing for me... 10 planes in the air and I am just waiting and waiting and waiting for the happiness dolls to drop.

Hyperion1722

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04z32u99
Username
Hyperion1722
With respect to event item drops from buildings, I would give the 'ballpark' figures as;
Often ~20-30% (i.e. 1 in 3 to 1 in 5) chance.
Very Seldom ~7-10% (i.e. 1 in 10 to 1 in 14) chance.
Ok. Anyway just completed the event. Maximizing purchases of event buildings (statue of wealth and dragon gate).

SASgold

150+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
035wwj2gl
Username
SASgold
Ok. Anyway just completed the event. Maximizing purchases of event buildings (statue of wealth and dragon gate).

I'm curious as to why you find those buildings attractive, I made a post about this below:

As in, genuinely curious - have I missed some benefit with these ones?

Kiwi Claire

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20jg0m2oy
Username
It's the law of averages I'm afraid.
Some of my most extreme examples have over 180 of one item in a collection, and 0 of another.
If it happened occasionally - could believe - but every single event collection?
5 drops all with same drop rate - and 1 fails to drop.
Get items at nice rate - until only last 1 needed - and that last one seems to have its rate dropped to 1/4 of previous rate - if it drops at all.

Every event!

First 9 days of the event - complete doll collection 4 times.
Need 1 specific doll ... and last 4 days = nope. I don't even get 5 dolls drop let alone the 1 I need to complete the event.

#Edit:
I am aware the drop rate shown is not a specific chance but a range. 'very seldom' could be from 0.001% up to 15% chance.
My experience suggests - event collections have 2 drops at the top of the range - 15% say, 2 in the middle of the range - 7% say - and 1 at the bottom of the range.
I just find it frustrating to have such wide range represented by a vague term - and have things seem to alter during the event.
All explained by 'random'. Which can be used to cover any amount of manipulation of actual chance.

Last edited:

VdW

600+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03j2z0gz (PM me when adding, or your request might get deleted)
Username
VdW
If it happened occasionally - could believe - but every single event collection?
5 drops all with same drop rate - and 1 fails to drop.
Get items at nice rate - until only last 1 needed - and that last one seems to have its rate dropped to 1/4 of previous rate - if it drops at all.

Every event!

First 9 days of the event - complete doll collection 4 times.
Need 1 specific doll ... and last 4 days = nope. I don't even get 5 dolls drop let alone the 1 I need to complete the event.

#Edit:
I am aware the drop rate shown is not a specific chance but a range. 'very seldom' could be from 0.001% up to 15% chance.
Usually event collections have 2 drops at the top of the range - 15% say, 2 in the middle of the range - 7% say - and 1 at the bottom of the range.
I just find it frustrating to have such wide range represented by a vague term - and have things seem to alter during the event.
All explained by 'random'. Which can be used to cover any amount of manipulation of actual chance.

What level are you? How many planes you used for the event? How many flights did you have? Did you try to use bonus (SpyGlass or Bowl of Riches)?

Kiwi Claire

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20jg0m2oy
Username
Strategy for last 4 days was exactly the same first as for first 9 days... so getting around 10% of the drops in just less than half the time I find annoying.
My experience is that the same thing happens in all 14 day events - Drop rate for items after I get to point I only need 1 more item is majorly different to prior rate.

Strategy for last 4 days was exactly the same first as for first 9 days... so getting around 10% of the drops in just less than half the time I find annoying.
My experience is that the same thing happens in all 14 day events - Drop rate for items after I get to point I only need 1 more item is majorly different to prior rate.
When I started playing, the first year it was almost impossible to finish an event first time round. Best advise I was given was it’s a long term strategy simulation game. Don’t get it one year, you have all in place to make it next time round. Drop rates bad, mine sometimes stinks, too bad, do all you can, get it next time. My support I needed 1 elegant umbrella. Threw everything at it except greens. Too bad for me!

Top Bottom