Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

What's next for the wiki? Ideas please

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
How about adding building efficiency measures to their wiki? Like coins/minute, passengers/land square, coins/minute/land square (what I use to try and maximize my use of land). That way people can try and setup their most productive city based on if they are trying to get coins or passengers. It will help people see which 1x1, 2x2, or 3x3 building might be most productive based on land available etc...
That's also not a bad idea either for those who don't want to figure things out themselves, but I wouldn't want everyone having the same items in their cities anyway; gets quickly boring in those cases. For me, part of the fun is sitting down and figuring out how to make my city more efficient, which is mainly driven by how frequently I check my game.
I personally think the Wiki should only focus on giving attribute information, while leaving the "tips and tricks" for the forum discussion or for the player to figure out on their own. Just my opinion though.

That's also not a bad idea either for those who don't want to figure things out themselves, but I wouldn't want everyone having the same items in their cities anyway; gets quickly boring in those cases. For me, part of the fun is sitting down and figuring out how to make my city more efficient, which is mainly driven by how frequently I check my game.
I personally think the Wiki should only focus on giving attribute information, while leaving the "tips and tricks" for the forum discussion or for the player to figure out on their own. Just my opinion though.
Agree

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
@A.Burr (and @Navigata07 and @LX Air - Teresa) There is already a spreadsheet with this information although I expect it's extremely dated and could use updates. Along with a few more columns that quote those specific metrics.

I like the idea of having them all in one place in a spreadsheet that allows people to sort and filter based on their needs. If they play about every 4 hours, they can filter out the ones that are less than 4 hour and figure out efficiencies based on their play style, space available, etc.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
@A.Burr (and @Navigata07 and @LX Air - Teresa) There is already a spreadsheet with this information although I expect it's extremely dated and could use updates. Along with a few more columns that quote those specific metrics.

I like the idea of having them all in one place in a spreadsheet that allows people to sort and filter based on their needs. If they play about every 4 hours, they can filter out the ones that are less than 4 hour and figure out efficiencies based on their play style, space available, etc.
Now THAT is perfectly fine, as it is simply using the characteristics of the buildings and grouping them accordingly. Thats a lot different than saying "Building A is a better coin producer than Building B", as that answer varies from player to player. Catalogues/Databases are always a plus

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
I can work with @Dave (not yet but shortly), to get a current pull of the wiki database to give us a new baseline and create a new spreadsheet of all buildings.

It won't be an overnight thing but I think updating this information and putting it in a more usable format is a great endeavor.

Anybody know Tableau and have a Tableau Public account? Because we could create something in there and easily embed it here

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
How about adding the weather conditions we get while sending flights to Extra information such as Glory Optical Phenomenon, Sandstorm, Snowstorm, Rainbow, Volcanic Eruption, etc
Thanks for posting here. Incidentally, I forgot that we already have all the weather conditions here https://www.airportcitygame.com/wiki/weather_items/.

Given the location of it is not easy to find, it might be worthwhile rethinking how we detail weather conditions, weather items, weather station, meteorological lab, etc. to give some information about how it all goes together.

tagging @Madge59230 @LX Air - Teresa @Jenn B let's discuss ofline

Thanks for posting here. Incidentally, I forgot that we already have all the weather conditions here https://www.airportcitygame.com/wiki/weather_items/.

Given the location of it is not easy to find, it might be worthwhile rethinking how we detail weather conditions, weather items, weather station, meteorological lab, etc. to give some information about how it all goes together.

tagging @Madge59230 @LX Air - Teresa @Jenn B let's discuss ofline
Hadn't looked into that page earlier, thanks for the details

For the sake of completeness, the Wiki entries for Weathervane and Golden Wrench should mention they are also available as a 12-hour gift from GI.
Rob, do you happen to have a more complete list of 12 hour gifts? I recall catalyst, fuel, a green note, coins, bottomless barreI, matryoshka doll… I think none is referenced as such on the wiki but may be wrong (checking in a min)

HahAti

150+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Wrote in some other thread earlier and just remembered I can try my luck here as well 😅
Same goes for pax bonus buildings. Just a simple list with [building name] [bonus %] [radius].
If there is one, can someone please point me to the list of all commercial bonus buildings? If there isn't, I can make one but in this case I'll need some help figuring out these buildings in the first place.

Robbie Laker

1300+ Star Club
Mitenrabo Alliance
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
PM for friend code.
Username
Robbie Laker
Except 99% are needs road. A list of those who don’t is easier. Just add a field….. how many buildings exist? Each manually updated! Not kind.
And equally players must reference an additional page every time to get the complete specs for a building. Even more work there, whereas the page needs editing once only.

All the specs should be in one place.

And equally players must reference an additional page every time to get the complete specs for a building. Even more work there, whereas the page needs editing once only.

All the specs should be in one place.
It’s true. Except that it needs a lot of handwork to be put in place, if we opt for a separated field.
Perhaps a solution could be to add just a comment after Items required, if it doesn’t need a road, needing being the default. in fact players expect buildings to need a road, not needing is just a pleasant surprise

something like
Items required: None (or whatever items it may require)
aaaaaaaaaaaaa Doesn’t require a road

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Wrote in some other thread earlier and just remembered I can try my luck here as well 😅
Same goes for pax bonus buildings. Just a simple list with [building name] [bonus %] [radius].
There is a user guide which lists building name, bonus, radius etc. information and much more besides - first published in May 2020 - and has been updated ever since.

How To Obtain Buildings Which Increase Your City Population, City Electricity Capacity And Terminal Passenger Capacity (v8.26.10) - https://www.airportcitygame.com/thr...d-terminal-passenger-capacity-v8-26-10.32572/

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Top Bottom