Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

What useful buildings to add ?

rocky

900+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Musketeers Alliance
I have 2 boys, ages 1 and 2, and they have bought sooooo much stuff. Extra space in the repair building (as if I EVER needed more than 1), they tapped on trees during Age of Ash and bought chainsaws, etc. They don't love me like they say they love me. :bawling:

-------------
@Bali Hi @Kesh I took your advice and got rid of most roads. Now I have so much more space. I also stored all House of Doubts & Chess Clubs. I'm too poor to store the rest of the Universities, but will work on those as I acquire more coins. I also sold 2 of my runways to free up some electricity.

Here's how I'm looking now. Will add more buildings as I can afford to store/bring out of storage.

2lx6l9z.png

You are very cute to read :)! I love that way to write with fun the experienc we get in the game with our reality(y) ! You make me laugh a lot ! Thank you for sharing those special moments ! I appreciate very much ! ...So have fun with your game ...and your KIDS too:LOL:

CharisseNicole

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
03q57kfpi
Username
CharisseNicole
Oh, you will. I'm on planes that take 12 hours to repair and this process cannot be sped up (except for paying real money). My 3 repair slots are "almost enough". But not always : )

Thanks for making me feel better about it! I have 3 slots now (kids bought both of the extras). I can speed up everything else for the time being, but I'll definitely keep that in mind for the future.

You are very cute to read :)! I love that way to write with fun the experienc we get in the game with our reality(y) ! You make me laugh a lot ! Thank you for sharing those special moments ! I appreciate very much ! ...So have fun with your game ...and your KIDS too:LOL:

Lol thanks. You guys have been lifesavers. My husband got me into this game and then he stopped playing, but I got HOOKED. It's the perfect game for someone with an obsessive personality like me.

Fencat

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Fencat
Username
Fencat
I'll say it again brilliant thread! Thank you very much for the great advice everyone!

I will definitely get some of those 2x2 buildings later but for now I think the cheap 3x3 will have to do as I have a decent amount of land but lower on money. Will just change them out when that turns around.

b536f739b528e1ddda87fdcf1d9b419e.png

ffd241f4301c40d8afce2641ab856f1c.png

3974a765464dc233c038c484fdbd9951.png

And my passenger grid. Got plenty of parks to use atm so taking advantage.
a7edfc5a8c0047fd2bf96d7efe979464.png

Fencat

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Fencat
Username
Fencat
Currently building 2 grand hotel and 2 flight Catering. And upgrading tower.

Have some pretty bad coin buildings in there including a chess club but as I have the space for it I'll just keep it till I can get something better.

Any other tips are more then welcome! :)

Wasted Eagle

1200+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. None of the above
For people who are short on cash but have all the time in the world, there is The Collector:
View attachment 4575
It's composed of 4 large bonuses and 7 small ones and gives whopping +75% for the building put in a center. But that's only one building, isn't it? The trick is to never keep a building in there. Do you see those unconnected Disturbance at the top? I just move them when they're ready to collect, and put them back immediately. As you see, The Collector is huge, it takes 8x8, exactly 4 land plots. If you want to put in some cash, 8 small bonuses with range 2 can be added, that'd be another 80%.

My bottom line is: PLAN AHEAD. You need quite a lot of free space just to move buildings around. You need to know now what you'll be putting there in the future.
Someone went to Airport City college! :p;)

Last edited:

Wasted Eagle

1200+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. None of the above
For the 4 Grand Hotel, it may be overkill but I have a excess of silver tokens from doing close to 200 Red launches and I'm currenly at close to 200 unspent silver tokens. I'll keep them for the future. I would rather get a few of them instead of spending a lot of gold on townhall upgrades which give measly population cap increase.
Better save those silver tokens for these sick puppies:
tumblr_ogjt0wP9HH1vnm0gno1_1280.png

You'll need lots of them, along with gold tokens... :cool:

Cosmic Blue

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
yarcb (windows pc)
I'm not saying anything about mixing or specializing, I merely say that it's cheaper to sell planes than to buy Reserve slots for them

: ) That is definitely true, what works for one won't work for another and vice versa.

It maybe easy for a person who has a high level of coins or greenies but for ordinary gamers the costs of chagrining a large number of planes could bankrupt them as the sale of planes does not give a great return.

It is a one time expense to buy a slot in the reserve hanger even if the costs increases later but being able to exchange planes at need can out weight the costs for people without a large bank balance.

This is true once you get to level 9 and 10 airport buildings as the minimum cost is a Million plus.

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
It maybe easy for a person who has a high level of coins or greenies but for ordinary gamers the costs of chagrining a large number of planes could bankrupt them as the sale of planes does not give a great return.

It is a one time expense to buy a slot in the reserve hanger even if the costs increases later but being able to exchange planes at need can out weight the costs for people without a large bank balance.
If one's poor, he doesn't have any greens to spare.
Coins, on the other hand are super easy when you're on this forum. Every other advice thread says "visit Planetariums" and that alone yield like 1M in 2 months.The next advice is "do red launches" and that brings even more coins.

I discard concerns about coins, because it takes special kind of stubbornness to read this forum and still have no coins.
Greens, on the other hand are priceless, and for people who vowed to never pay real money there is simply no other way but spend all on land.

Cosmic Blue

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
yarcb (windows pc)
Coins, on the other hand are super easy when you're on this forum. Every other advice thread says "visit Planetariums" and that alone yield like 1M in 2 months.The next advice is "do red launches" and that brings even more coins.

I discard concerns about coins, because it takes special kind of stubbornness to read this forum and still have no coins.
Greens, on the other hand are priceless, and for people who vowed to never pay real money there is simply no other way but spend all on land.

We will leave it at the fact that we agree to disagree.

Brodyaga

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
afoximf
Username
CA:***
What a cool thread! We should all thank @Xilikon for that) There's a math theory behind such kinds of tasks. In this particular case - how to optimally place objects on a 2D grid. Optimality can be defined in many ways. One criterion can be, for instance, to maximize usefull objects (like Flight Catering Facilities). Another one is to maximize income given frequency of playing etc. I would love to have some spare time to implement it))
BTW, playing with some simple problems I found a way to place 13 2-by-2 objects (that require roads) on a 8-by-8 grid. A straighforward approach places only 12.
uc

Last edited:

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
What a cool thread! We should all thank @Xilikon for that) There's a math theory behind such kinds of tasks. In this particular case - how to optimally place objects on a 2D grid. Optimality can be defined in many ways. One criterion can be, for instance, to maximize usefull objects (like Flight Catering Facilities). Another one is to maximize income given frequency of playing etc. I would love to have some spare time to implement it))
BTW, playing with some simple problems I found a way to place 13 2-by-2 objects (that require roads) on a 8-by-8 grid. A straighforward approach places only 12.
uc
you can immediately remove inner parts of road under 10 and 11. Also lower part on sides next to 5 and 6.

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
There's a math theory behind such kinds of tasks. In this particular case - how to optimally place objects on a 2D grid. Optimality can be defined in many ways. One criterion can be, for instance, to maximize usefull objects (like Flight Catering Facilities). Another one is to maximize income given frequency of playing etc. I would love to have some spare time to implement it))
Those are 2 completely separate problems: one is to chose what to build (depending on your playing needs) and
then you can solve the 2d placement. But each of them have own optima.

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh

I agree with you, but we all should mention third currency introduced long time ago (tokens - and I know you are very well aware of it :) ). Tokens are by far most precious currency in the game as they allowed you to buy green produce buildings. They allow players who choose not to spent real money to vastly improve their airport. In last 1,5 years greenies can be get regularly weekly - not much but if you account all gift codes, you get nice amount of greenies - this is the privilege which I didn't have when started to play. When I started to play there were no option to get greenies except 1 greenie per level and buying. Yes there was token reward for placing top 3 in top 100 but than tokens were useless and I cannot recall the week where I got all tokens earned for placing - it was a mess at the beginning. I once bought S1 delta plane and it was useless as it couldn't fly anywhere, also at that time point there were no rankings for delta destinations (no one did any flight to those destinations). When I first time gather money for powerfull delta - I was 1st in delhi destinations with 1 flight completed (yes the reward never comes :) ).

Back to the topic - at each part of your overall progress one of the currency is most important - in early part coins are most needed (greenies are always welcome but not essential in bigger amounts).
Building layout - you should adopt it based on your game strategy - I'm still using small 4x5 grid for efficiency - this grid requires 2 roads and can have 4 2x2 buildings and 2 1x1. Those 1x1 can be used as small bonus increase for those 2x2 or just put additional small passengers buildings.

Mia

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ask me
Username
Mia
Super read! What I love most about this game by far, is the people here.
I would love to see a new forum called "Best Tips" with threads like city building , fleet, airport, strategy, adventure etc. Where we could find all this wisdom and fantastic tips. You guys ROCK! (y)

Brodyaga

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
afoximf
Username
CA:***
you can immediately remove inner parts of road under 10 and 11. Also lower part on sides next to 5 and 6.
Yes, that's true. That space can be used for one-cell items such as solar panels.

Those are 2 completely separate problems: one is to chose what to build (depending on your playing needs) and
then you can solve the 2d placement. But each of them have own optima.
Not sure about it. Given that there are buildings of different size and production frequency, optimal layout could be determined by considering it as a single problem not separate ones.

Here is another fun analysis for 8 by 12 space for 2 by 2 buildings that require roads.
Let's say that the baseline layout is like this:
uc

18 buildings, 12 one cell elements and 12 road elements.
This layout can be converted to contain 19 buildings in several ways, for instance:
uc
or
uc

What happens is that we steel 4 one cell spaces and use them to add 19th building -> 19 buildings, 8 one cell elements and 12 roads. That's fine.
That's also possible to rearrange it again and add 20th building:
uc
or
uc

This is also fine since we again steel 4 one cell spaces to add 20th building -> 20 buildings, 4 one cell elements and still 12 roads))
The cool thing about last layout is that it is "6-buildings" symmetrical with respect to the center (plus two additional buildings). Six flight catering facilities, 6 Laundries, 6 sweets factories and, for instances, cosmic fuel station and fuel station can be arranged in a good looking layout.

Last edited:

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
@Brodyaga It's not good to try to divide your layouts into some arbitrary grids. The 2x2+1x1 objects by definition can't fit well into arbitrary grid, so the larger your pattern, the smaller your losses are.

BTW, you may consider filling "difficult" space with Coal Stations, when there would be uneconomical to add extra road just to serve one building. I find corners to be particualry difficult to give road access.

Top Bottom