Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

v8.0 is out - discussion

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04qa0e21c
Username
Harry +item
Warning...Major Rant Ahead:
The fancy new hangar is cool, and seeing the aircraft in flight is an awesome touch, but that can't be all that the "big upgrade with months of posting and delaying" has to offer.
There are so many things that can be improved on....warehouse items, fixing bugs, alliance tasking, etc. And yet it seems like very little if anything has been addressed. Is the disconnect between GI and consumer so large that they aren't aware of the many shortcomings of the game? I'm not even going to get into the money discussion, because I understand it's a business and they need funds, especially during these times. However, I expect more....much more. We have been piling up at lv 80 for years....no new progress from there....no new planes that offer different capabilities other than flying faster....no new space mission....no progress! Even collecting stars gets old after a while; couldve added a new twist to that task and make collecting stars more attractive beyond the little emblem on a forum (at least our admins gave us that with the star clubs).
It's just disappointing, and I wish that we had a way to put all the needed improvements together into one giant list and send it to them, so that at least they have a blueprint to make the game better. At least then if we dont see improvements, we know that they deliberately ignored our requests and thus the decline of the game would be on their hands. If I can see the areas of improvement, surely everyone else can as well....so why are we still in the same spot? 🤦🏿‍♂️🙄
...alright rant over. Back to our regular programming.
This is how you can sumarize the update in one word: "disappointing". Thats it.

Didn't fix the planes running into each other .. thought that would be more important than hangar change!
In addition to running into each other, they even added a new skill for planes-- flying UNDERGROUND!
IMG_2621.PNG

amir77a

1000+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Username
A77 items
The fancy new hangar is cool, and seeing the aircraft in flight is an awesome touch, but that can't be all that the "big upgrade with months of posting and delaying" has to offer.
There are so many things that can be improved on....warehouse items, fixing bugs, alliance tasking, etc. And yet it seems like very little if anything has been addressed. Is the disconnect between GI and consumer so large that they aren't aware of the many shortcomings of the game? I'm not even going to get into the money discussion, because I understand it's a business and they need funds, especially during these times. However, I expect more....much more. We have been piling up at lv 80 for years....no new progress from there....no new planes that offer different capabilities other than flying faster....no new space mission....no progress! Even collecting stars gets old after a while; couldve added a new twist to that task and make collecting stars more attractive beyond the little emblem on a forum (at least our admins gave us that with the star clubs).
It's just disappointing, and I wish that we had a way to put all the needed improvements together into one giant list and send it to them, so that at least they have a blueprint to make the game better. At least then if we dont see improvements, we know that they deliberately ignored our requests and thus the decline of the game would be on their hands. If I can see the areas of improvement, surely everyone else can as well....so why are we still in the same spot? 🤦🏿‍♂️🙄

I totally agree. That's not a rant. That's true.

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
V7 and V8 have been quite disappointing in my book. They have been too aesthetically focused, and I can understand why. The V6 game looked dated, and the look and feel does a lot to bring in new players. I would say that worked on the whole, we’ve seen loads of new faces since V7....

But, and this is a big but, it really feels like there has been no new content since 2015/2016....... Where is the creativity at? I would love to see even 2 or 3 of the buildings in @Captain WH Rollins list added (the irony is not lost on me there - use creativity! [copy others ideas....])
We must be worthy of something? ..... please?.......pretty please?

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
V7 and V8 have been quite disappointing in my book. They have been too aesthetically focused, and I can understand why. The V6 game looked dated, and the look and feel does a lot to bring in new players. I would say that worked on the whole, we’ve seen loads of new faces since V7....

But, and this is a big but, it really feels like there has been no new content since 2015/2016....... Where is the creativity at? I would love to see even 2 or 3 of the buildings in @Captain WH Rollins list added (the irony is not lost on me there - use creativity! [copy others ideas....])
I did enjoy the 7.0 update, but I think the main reason was besides the aesthetics, the 100 item limit actually brought rejuvenation of the game to me. I still dislike it, but it forced me to change my playing style. In other words, it added a new dimension.
However, as you stated, there hasnt been any significant changes to the gameplay in recent years. Is there a lot to do? Sure there is, but eventually everyone ends up at the same spot: lv 80 with a good amount of adventure buildings and some S3s....and all that awaits us is who can get the most stars. A new frontier would be great (increase to lv 100, more destinations), but that would also get stale in a few months. The game needs a new dimension...a different direction as an option. Instead of just a new plane, make it be more fuel efficient instead of just faster...or maybe have it fly without multiple items or something....the creativity is just lacking! Not sure if it will get better at this rate

FR;

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04621b4ez
Username
FR;<item needed>

I agree.
We've seen lots and lots of new faces, true. But we've seen a lot more leaving the game.
It's up to G! to get us some real new content, new destinations, new space missions, new levels, new space mission. Anything.
Getting new players doesn't take you anywhere, keeping players interested will do. They need to rethink their strategy

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I agree.
We've seen lots and lots of new faces, true. But we've seen a lot more leaving the game.
It's up to G! to get us some real new content, new destinations, new space missions, new levels, new space mission. Anything.
Getting new players doesn't take you anywhere, keeping players interested will do. They need to rethink their strategy
And we need to add new twists to the game. New abilities and perks that you have to play the game for a while to achieve. Maybe events that offer buildings that do unusual things like give extra fuel during recovery, or adds to fuel capacity like the refinery...or a building that automatically gives you notification when your flights need speeding up....so many possibilities

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
And we need to add new twists to the game. New abilities and perks that you have to play the game for a while to achieve. Maybe events that offer buildings that do unusual things like give extra fuel during recovery, or adds to fuel capacity like the refinery...or a building that automatically gives you notification when your flights need speeding up....so many possibilities
But not where's waldo games

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
But not where's waldo games
You actually touched on a point in regards to that. They are trying to be creative, but theyre being creative with something that didnt need changing. The event system was perfectly fine the way it was. What needed to change was the type of rewards we were getting. It was only limited to coin and pax buildings, with the occasional item building that made the whole forum go crazy. If they simply diversified the rewards a bit, I think everyone wouldve been jist fine with that. They're aiming for the wrong target

B17 Flying Fortress

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Username
B17
I dont want to say us long time flyers(9 years) have been spoiled with all the game advancements in the early years but we grew to expect it. Bottom line GI made a game to make money. We all know most of it comes from new players and there is a lot of them. I didnt start this game thinking I'd still be hammering away 9 years later. If I were to start over knowing what I had to do to get to this level I wouldn't play. After all this time I'm still nowhere near 100% completion. I want more levels, planes, tasks, space missions and more greenies on the weekends but it probably won't happen. I do still get the new update excitement but I am trained now to not get my hopes up and just except all changes, good or bad and go along with the flow and keep flying away. I remember a time when events were few and far between and now they are almost weekly. I do appreciate whatever advancements they make to the game as the core flying for stars doesn't change. What will I do when the stars run out!? Guess I'll have to wait 4 or more years lol

B17

PLMerry

500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20rwgvgx
Username
PLMerry [what I need], PLM2, & PLM3
Emphasis added by me. :) (If you expand the quote).

Well, with the last event many of us learned how to use and share a spread sheet. Can someone start a spread sheet? Maybe divide into sections; bugs, issues, short comings, dreams, etc.... The issue would be how to manage it. In a spreadsheet is it possible to vote/upvote issues, honestly (i.e. only one vote per player). Can we create a player priority level for issues?

Just throwing some mud at the wall to see if anything sticks. I'm thinking we need to leverage our numbers.

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03za1zgay
Username
jalseth
Sooo....

A version 8 just to reorganize 3/4 buildings.

Ok this update is beautiful but honestly nothing to justify a major version increase.

no gameplay modification.

I think there is many things to do. For exemple helicopter item crafting system could be improved to show us in factories how many number we have for each part...

an other thing: video system is still bug for iOS devices.Speed up videos, items videos everything is broken....

Personally you convinced me to have no expectation for version 9...

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Emphasis added by me. :) (If you expand the quote).

Well, with the last event many of us learned how to use and share a spread sheet. Can someone start a spread sheet? Maybe divide into sections; bugs, issues, short comings, dreams, etc.... The issue would be how to manage it. In a spreadsheet is it possible to vote/upvote issues, honestly (i.e. only one vote per player). Can we create a player priority level for issues?

Just throwing some mud at the wall to see if anything sticks. I'm thinking we need to leverage our numbers.
We certainly have a lot of ideas floating around, especially in the Suggestions section. The issue is how do we get the ideas to the developers. Usually, Ivan would roam the forum and pick up ideas from the Suggestions section (i.e Helicopters), but we no longer seem to have that reliable of a connection.
Love the idea of a spreadsheet though. I remember one post by Andy a few months ago that listed a large amount of items...we could maybe start with that and go from there?

PLMerry

500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20rwgvgx
Username
PLMerry [what I need], PLM2, & PLM3
We certainly have a lot of ideas floating around, especially in the Suggestions section. The issue is how do we get the ideas to the developers. Usually, Ivan would roam the forum and pick up ideas from the Suggestions section (i.e Helicopters), but we no longer seem to have that reliable of a connection.
Love the idea of a spreadsheet though. I remember one post by Andy a few months ago that listed a large amount of items...we could maybe start with that and go from there?
I have heard that some people have email address of helpful support personnel. Also cannot documents or screen shots of documents be shared on social media? Maybe if we make enough noise we can get our support liaison back to sharing and listening.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Sooo....

A version 8 just to reorganize 3/4 buildings.

Ok this update is beautiful but honestly nothing to justify a major version increase.

no gameplay modification.

I think there is many things to do. For exemple helicopter item crafting system could be improved to show us in factories how many number we have for each part...

an other thing: video system is still bug for iOS devices.Speed up videos, items videos everything is broken....

Personally you convinced me to have no expectation for version 9...
Its broken for all of us. I just had to drop 110 fuel to speed up a condor when I only used one speed up video today. Thing is a mess 😩

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I have heard that some people have email address of helpful support personnel. Also cannot documents or screen shots of documents be shared on social media? Maybe if we make enough noise we can get our support liaison back to sharing and listening.
Whatever idea we come up with, I'm down. I've bewn wanting to make a solid connection for years. I'd gladly bring those people in who have those connections and work on a spreadsheet.

Top Bottom