Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

The Collector's Corner For Hobbies

kelvint23

500+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Kelvint23
Username
Kelvint23
I used to. Mainly 1:400 scale models of all the planes I’ve flown on. Sold the collection a couple of years ago as had nowhere to place them in our new home.

I still do but now my focus is on those rare models or with classic livery. And like you I don't have enough space so most of them still unboxed :ROFLMAO: Are you on Wings900?

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
031w9odc
Username
Smurf
I still do but now my focus is on those rare models or with classic livery. And like you I don't have enough space so most of them still unboxed :ROFLMAO: Are you on Wings900?
No, is that another forum? I’ve got a lovely large scale resin model of the Aloha 737-200 in retro livery.

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
It has always been a fami;y tradition to be at home on the 31st December - in the good company of family members, good food, good drink, music, board games and fireworks in the garden to see in the new year.

Happy New Year
Captain WH Rollins

Jon Allen

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
TokyoJon2015
Username
TokyoJon2015
I started collecting sugar packets ( or sugar sachets) about 40 years ago. Every time I went to a cafe or restaurant, I looked forward to picking up a new one. I have over a thousand different ones from many countries. My passion slowly stopped and I have not collected any for the past few years, but I still have the collection. I just moved to new house with much less space for storage, so sadly my collection really needs to go.
There is a club in the UK of similar dedicated sugar packet collectors, I was hoping to donate my collection to them, but no one has replied to my email yet..
Still can't bear to just put them in the trash after so many years of collecting!

I also collected stamps, again, due to storage space constraints, I probably need to dispose of my collection.
Not sure of the best way to do it. Selling it would be nice, I might make a little bit of extra cash.
But also giving it to charity is a possibility.

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
I started collecting sugar packets ( or sugar sachets) about 40 years ago. Every time I went to a cafe or restaurant, I looked forward to picking up a new one. I have over a thousand different ones from many countries. My passion slowly stopped and I have not collected any for the past few years, but I still have the collection. I just moved to new house with much less space for storage, so sadly my collection really needs to go.
There is a club in the UK of similar dedicated sugar packet collectors, I was hoping to donate my collection to them, but no one has replied to my email yet..
Still can't bear to just put them in the trash after so many years of collecting!

I also collected stamps, again, due to storage space constraints, I probably need to dispose of my collection.
Not sure of the best way to do it. Selling it would be nice, I might make a little bit of extra cash.
But also giving it to charity is a possibility.

Thank you very much for your post. It is not very often members post in this thread.

I recently sold my entire collection of stamps, first day covers, stamp albums to a local stamp shop. The collection spanned across many decades. It also included a large collection from my late farther, who had been collecting since the early 1940's

With regards to sugar packets I'm assuming you have tried the following websites

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Jon Allen

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
TokyoJon2015
Username
TokyoJon2015
Thank you very much for your post. It is not very often members post in this thread.

I recently sold my entire collection of stamps, first day covers, stamp albums to a local stamp shop. The collection spanned across many decades. It also included a large collection from my late farther, who had been collecting since the early 1940's

With regards to sugar packets I'm assuming you have tried the following websites

Regards
Captain WH Rollins
Yes that’s the club. I’ll try them again next week.

Regarding a local stamp shop: the problem is I live in Japan and the collection is approximately 95% British stamps

so I think they will be unlikely to want to buy the collection or if they do, would give me a lower price than I might get in the U.K.

However I don’t know if the cost of postage to send the collection to a dealer in the U.K. is worth it, compared with selling it here.

I need to do some research I think!

lunarnut

350+ Star Club
Pending
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03tjc72gv
Username
lunarnut
The Collector's Corner For Hobbyist
This newly created thread is for forum members who are also life long collectors, members who collect for pleasure and/or relaxation. Hobbies of course covers a broad spectrum of subjects, both indoors and outdoors, e.g. perhaps you collect original film posters, stamps, rare comics, first edition books, artwork, matchbox cars, building lego, collecting and playing retro boardgames etc.

Perhaps you are good with your hands and enjoy building model vintage air planes, building AM/FM radio kits, building remote control cars and truck kits, perhaps you have a workshop and enjoy working with wood and/or metal, pottery, fishing, gardening, photography etc.

As for myself, my collections are considerable, collecting shirts and cufflinks, jazz vinyl albums, Canon camera lens', mint gold and sterling silver boxed coins, to name but a few across a lifetime.

It would be good to hear from you and learn about your interests.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins
I collect U.S. silver eagles and Chinese Panda coins. On a side note, I also collect years. Each time I have a birthday, I add a year to my collection (difficult to put them in a display case however). I have 60 years in my collection so far...

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Yes that’s the club. I’ll try them again next week.

Regarding a local stamp shop: the problem is I live in Japan and the collection is approximately 95% British stamps

so I think they will be unlikely to want to buy the collection or if they do, would give me a lower price than I might get in the U.K.

However I don’t know if the cost of postage to send the collection to a dealer in the U.K. is worth it, compared with selling it here.

I need to do some research I think!

Since you live in Japan, perhaps you could sell your stamp collection to a private collector.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
A late morning brunch and then followed by a few frames of snooker, a most enjoyable morning. Becuase of this I now have more time to devote towards my game and the user guides - life can be really beautiful.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
A very enjoyable few frames of Snooker and a pleasing afternoon lunch, followed by a walk through the park., on the way home. What more can a man ask for, except more green notes and more land.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Having not played snooker since early February, I had a very enjoyable few frames and then a pleasing afternoon lunch, followed by a walk through the park., on the way home.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Four months of no snooker because of the lockdown, but still polishing my collection of snooker cues, some habits are impossible to break.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
With all your snooker posts, I would have guessed you had a table at home

It was a choice between a modern day cinema room or a gentleman's club style games room. The room was not big enough for a full size snooker table, 12 feet by 6 feet, plus the additional room needed around the table, plus all the other things you would expect to find in a room of this type.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
I have not had a great deal of time for hobbies lately, the constant updating of the user guides has taken up a great deal of my time, especially when special events are released. Now that the Back To School special event has come to an end, things should be a little quieter, until the next game update.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Last week I took delivery of a desk globe, I had always wanted one. It took a considerable amount of time to locate a UK based online company that sell them. There are a good few companies who sell globes. This is most likely the start of a new collection, doubt if one will be enough.

Piedmont Desk Globe - Globe Diameter 12" (30cm), Overall Dimensions: W13" (33cms), D12" (30cms), H16" (40cms), Map Colouring: Antique Ocean, Map Design: Modern, Political, Raised Relief with over 4,000 Place Names, Globe Material: Traditional Paper Gores, Base Material: Rosewood, Meridian Material: Metal

mxcp_1607355976395_piedmont-desk-globe-m.jpg

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Top Bottom