Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Spring Is Here 2022 Event Discussion

This thread is created for all discussions related to Event "Spring Is Here"
Any comments or problems regarding the event can be posted here.

Features of event :
1. 40 stage event, 13 days 06 hours
2. Spring Plane Livery will be available during the event (For all planes)
3. Samurai Castle can be directly purchased for real money
4. Event Flights
5. Mini Game - Pilot The Flight
For more features check the Spring Is Here event wiki

Timeline : (All timings based on GMT)
21/04/2022
03:00 PM : Event started (All platforms)

04/05/2022
09:00 PM : Event ends (All platforms)

(Main post will be updated as and when required)

Last edited:
A lot of variation in tasks so far... :rolleyes:.
1650555574523.png

Oh well, as usual: things can only get beter. Can't they...?

Device
  1. iPad
Username
BWAU96
I tried the game to "Manually speed up a flight to the Gallapagos Islands" and found it to be more annoying than enjoyable, and think I will sit this one out. There are other things in my house I could manually speed up that are more worth my time.

THIS! Seems like GI is going out of their way to further erode the events, and making them more of a pain in the ___ rather than something enjoyable. Repeatedly running this storm flying "game" gets old real quick, and the so-called prizes are mostly garbage. The fuel available in progress rewards has also been drastically cut again. Wasn't too long ago they had rewards of 800-1000 for single, later levels...now all of them combined are only 800. May have given my last ever $4.99 to this game. Every change they make is just designed to squeeze an extra dollar to avoid mundane tasks.

Has anyone actually quantified these flying mini games? Do we know the direct impact on individual factors like…

The banner rankings after the flight eg.
5/5 checkpoints=perfect
4/5 = excellent
3/5 = hmmm
2/5 = you should ride a bike
1/5= maybe take a bus?
0/5= it’s not a video, you need to interact

How does flight acceleration impact the rewards? Does the % impact the real flight time and does it vary based on the % value? Is the % averaged over the entire mini game?

How are the reward boxes collected in-flight related to what you receive at the end? Do you get them all or do you lose some if you miss a checkpoint? If don’t collect any boxes, do you receive any rewards at all? If you miss every checkpoint do you lose any gifts? (ironically, anyone knowing this should probably consider the answers to 1/5 and 0/5 results above! 🤪)

I‘ve done flights in a Condor at full afterburner, collected all boxes and crossed each checkpoint. (my passengers used 500 of the supplied 750 barf bags in the process while 3 cabin crew sustained mild to severe neck injuries after impacting the roof. The plane is likely to be grounded for months as structural repairs are undertaken caused by violent manoeuvres and regularly exceeding VNE. The First Officer is looking for new work after taking full responsibility for his poor flying and I’ve been promoted to “Checkie” for getting it back on the ground 😎🤥🤫) The prizes seemed a bit better, but not awesome. How do you regularly unlock the great stuff?

The only good thing I would say about the mini game is it opens up a way to get greenies without spending, collect 70 to 100 gifts in it, you will receive at least 5 bonus boxes, and there is a chance of getting a greenie in them, got my first greenie luckily around 8 hours back in 2nd bonus box itself...
Try your luck and enjoy the mini game;)

The only good thing I would say about the mini game is it opens up a way to get greenies without spending, collect 70 to 100 gifts in it, you will receive at least 5 bonus boxes, and there is a chance of getting a greenie in them, got my first greenie luckily around 8 hours back in 2nd bonus box itself...
Try your luck and enjoy the mini game;)
That's it, I accelerated maybe dozens of flights and the most valuable thing was Junior Pilot, green none. It just hurts my joints from holding the mouse and I don't know if I will do something I enjoy more instead of AC.

I’ve read your claims somewhere else about the mini game being the best place to find/get greens. I suspect that you might have been lucky? I don't recall anyone else saying much about greens dropping. The stats you’re quoting don’t seem overly convincing either. To nail every box in the game (10), the flying speed isn’t likely to be much faster than where it is at the beginning. Flying on full burn is extremely difficult if committed to chasing the boxes - you’ll end up on the wrong side of a storm, if not the middle of it. Some of the vector changes, as you clear a checkpoint, are extreme enough that, at full speed, you’ll be lucky to have time to wave at the box on the way past. So slow flying or lose a big% if the flight isn’t completed...blah, blah, slow flying :sleep::sleep::sleep:.

Then around a 5% chance of getting a bonus box where you have a chance of it dropping “a” greenie. That’s a whole lot of time flying planes (with inverted elevators), all the while you can’t do anything productive in the real game. The last consideration I make is the real cost of greens. If you purchase greens in the triple sale, based on the lowest deal price (we are all on different currencies, so I’m taking a guess ) a single greenie will cost around 10 cents each based on the US Yuan, oops, $US. The flights are boring and more like hard work. I’d rather be at a job earning at least 10x that (on minimum wage) and probably being more entertained.

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
I know there are a lot of complaints about the number of flights for the tasks. And I complained too. But I just realized, everybody is in the same boat. 3 - 9 - 15. Everybody gets the same thing so it puts us on equal footing regardless of the level.

As for greens, I haven't received even one from the mini game. So no, not a good source of greens. But I have got a lot of great bonuses. Sometimes though, I just don't have the patience for the slower flight through the mini game and just speed up the flight - bypass the gifts and try to make the waypoints. Seems to do a good job of avoiding the storms.

Top Bottom