Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Some prior suggestions visualized

My editing and graphic skills are, well, weak but thought would be fun to visualize some ideas that players have provided; a "what if":
AC Redux.jpg

Water - added a lake\river on left (similar to load screen image)
Bridge - tossed this in crossing the water for realism
Boneyard - some older planes for parts, visual, etc (at end of runway)
Train - near bottom, could provide fuel, passengers, parts, etc
Moved buildings such as Duty-free, baggage hall, weather station, etc to terminal side. Ideally, these would be integrated with terminal
Moved space based buildings to dedicated space launch area and added VAB (vehicle assembly building) for shuttle plus traversal path
Moved helicopters and related buildings to dedicated helo launch area
Extended runway and removed extra non-functional taxi-way
Added military aircraft area or air national guard - fighter jets (return of), airlab, helo's, etc. new missions\events.
Relocated buildings at end of runway to along highway for realism [I know, scale is a bit off due to perspective change] :oops:
Added an air freight area along highway - could bring\take supplies, new missions\events, etc.
Added aircraft parking along highway for extended stay planes, cargo inventory, etc.

Obviously, so much could be done but maybe G$ takes note of some.

Last edited:
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Orgulas De Brandebourg
My editing and graphic skills are, well, weak but thought would be fun to visualize some ideas that players have provided; a "what if": View attachment 56468
Moved buildings such as Duty-free, baggage hall, weather station, etc to terminal side. Ideally, these would be integrated with terminal
Moved space based buildings to dedicated space launch area and added VAB (vehicle assembly building) for shuttle plus traversal path
Added military aircraft area or air national guard - fighter jets (return of), airlab, helo's, etc. new missions\events.
Relocated buildings at end of runway to along highway for realism [I know, scale is a bit off due to perspective change] :oops:
Added an air freight area along highway - could bring\take supplies, new missions\events, etc.
Added aircraft parking along highway for extended stay planes, cargo inventory, etc.

like the idea of a separate space launch area. great !

Great job.
Gi have another game looks like name is 2020: My Country i was playing that game for a years but not for now.

Interesting, wasn't aware. I had played Simcity:buildit awhile and tinkered with both Megapolis and Global City.

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
My editing and graphic skills are, well, weak but thought would be fun to visualize some ideas that players have provided; a "what if": View attachment 56468

Love the lake and bridge. Think of the event they could do with that - not a volcano but flooding :)

I really like the separated launch area too

And the duty free/baggage hall right at the terminal ... where they are in real life!

I really don't know about the boneyard though. A bit worried they might make use of that "airframe time". Can you imagine your S3 Falcon in the boneyard? A Limited lifespan on your amazing planes? It wouldn't be beyond G! to do that.

Think they could tie ships or seaplanes into an event. Would love to see seaplanes added. Agree with above about the boneyard; it would end with GI limiting planes flight times and force costly replacements.
I think the forced "rebuy" is mere speculation. I'm not sure what GI will do and the marketing speech is vague.

I only suggested a boneyard as a way to get spare parts for repairs without having to make flights to places like Hong Kong, Seoul, Stockholm, and Jakarta. I thought it could be a nice side benefit for going flights get launch prep for a "Mars" mission. I had "Mojave Air and Space Port" as a possible destination to get items for the Mars mission and I know there is a boneyard. That's where I put two and two together. I think it's a useful feature even though it does look depressing.

I think the forced "rebuy" is mere speculation. I'm not sure what GI will do and the marketing speech is vague.

I only suggested a boneyard as a way to get spare parts for repairs without having to make flights to places like Hong Kong, Seoul, Stockholm, and Jakarta. I thought it could be a nice side benefit for going flights get launch prep for a "Mars" mission. I had "Mojave Air and Space Port" as a possible destination to get items for the Mars mission and I know there is a boneyard. That's where I put two and two together. I think it's a useful feature even though it does look depressing.
The whole thread is speculative. Let be less vague. GI have monetarised every single aspect of the game. No matter what you want to do there is an option that will cost you real world money. When they added ‘flight frame time’ they weren’t just playing around for the fun of it, they were horizon scanning for future income streams. I’m not against a boneyard but if you think GI won’t monterise it you’ve not really being paying attention to the game

The whole thread is speculative. Let be less vague. GI have monetarised every single aspect of the game. No matter what you want to do there is an option that will cost you real world money. When they added ‘flight frame time’ they weren’t just playing around for the fun of it, they were horizon scanning for future income streams. I’m not against a boneyard but if you think GI won’t monterise it you’ve not really being paying attention to the game
I’ve been wondering, for some time, when the frame times would become a factor in the game. 😬

One idea I would have about the boneyard would be that you could buy an "Old" version of one the standard airplanes at only a small fraction of the regular Airplane price but in exchange, you would NEVER be allowed to transport any PAX on it, you can only keep it in your warehouse or demolish it. You would then use the boneyard to dismantle the airplane taking out parts you need for repairs and then sell of the other materials for recycling. One it could be monetized by GI is if you are willing to spend greenies on it, you could put it back in service. I would not recommend that option.

I think this would be a fair implementation that would be also be realistic. You would earn slots in the boneyard by making flights to specific destinations such as "Tucson" or "Mojave".

Top Bottom