Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Skipping runway 6 and heading straight for 7 instead

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Phyllo Game Over
As I wrote in other threads, I planned to save for runway 6 now since I'll soon reach level 51 where it becomes available and where there will also be guest planes requiring it.
I hate rejecting guest planes and that was my reason for wanting to have it right when I get to level 51.
However, @Dan pointed out to me that he now regrets having bought runway 6 at all since he had to spend another 1.500.000 on runway 7.
So I've changed my mind and will reject planes for a while until I reach level 71 and save the needed 1.500.000 to buy a shiny runway 7 then instead. There is plenty to be built until then and I'm thankful for all who contribute their knowledge and point out things to new players like me.

Last edited:

Jega001

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
042fq3o0
Username
Jega001
I'm in a bit of a hurry so i'll skip to the point. I got runway 6 for the same reasons (guest planes) and don't regret it. If you skip 6 you are rejecting both Falcons and Thunderbirds. I've skipped 7 for a while to level some other things up. The higher level up you go the easier coins are to come by. And it can be a long way from 45 to 71. Just my two cents.

I am approaching lv 73 in a day or 2 and I still have my runway 5. How bad it is just to reject guest planes?! Guess how many guest planes I have rejected but so what, I saved 800,000 coins which I can build many other more important buildings, such as 2 laundries and 2 sweet factories. While I rejected those guest planes, my blanket and lollipop inventory goes up. What is more important?! Remember, patience is the key in this game!

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Phyllo Game Over
Just remember you have to get to level 71 to unlock the level 7 runway. In the 60s you need 100,000 experience for each level and 200,000 to get to 71

It's a bit late now at level 45 but I'll try anyway to keep all my collections stored until I reach level 51 where I need to start rejecting them and then hit them out in a row to level up as fast as possible and see how far that will get me. Hopefully, I won't have to wait for too long then until I reach 71. It took me less than 4 weeks to get to where I am now and I just started recently visiting planetariums which sped things up considerably.

Gt city

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
044oubj6
Username
Gt city 5 | Gt city 3
Understood. The jump from level 60 to 71 is just a lot longer than anything prior to level 60. I've been at level 70 for at least a week and probably still have 2-3 days to get to 71
Yes, and it is even longer from 71-75, then to 80. :bag:

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Phyllo Game Over
Understood. The jump from level 60 to 71 is just a lot longer than anything prior to level 60. I've been at level 70 for at least a week and probably still have 2-3 days to get to 71

Thanks for giving me an estimate. I'll see how it works out for me and post again when I finally got a runway 7. ;)

Amit Choudhary

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
23zevsx0
Username
AM_Event Items
Very bad game strategy. You've got lots of time to collect money for 7th level runaway. Buy 6th level runway and welcome all the great planes.
Don't forget once you'll join QL parties(Especially Red Launches) it'll become extremely easy for u to collect millions of coins.
So don't worry about the 7th one. Buy 6th one.

It is a long way to go from level 46 to level 71.
After level 60, it gets tougher & tougher to collect the BIG experience points needed to level up.

Skipping Runway 6 is probably not worth the hassle of being told "you cannot land this plane because you don't have the runway needed" all the time.

But, maybe you will prove me wrong... in about 1 month ;).

I agree with those said buy your runway 6 now dont wait for level 71 the coins easy to get but you will find yourself under pressure by loosing guest plane also level after level many things to do at least buy 1 or 2 planes falcon and start send it to save items you need for future, focus now to upgrade your control tower, terminal, build factories, build more resident building.
Do you think 1 runway level 7 enough that time you have to buy falcons and thunder bird for sure you think to buy condor i am still i did not buy condor and i have 1 runway level 7.

Last edited:
Device
  1. None of the above
Username
RedFox
To each their own I guess. Personally I'd build runway 6. I can't stand it when I need just 10 more mins (10 fuel) to fly that 1 plane that needs 40 fuel for example, and the 10 mins I spend waiting have those planes that bring fuel to lessen my waiting time but I can't land them.

Sure I could use the coin to build catering, furniture, upgrade terminal, and whatnot, but it's easier to collect 80-100k than the 800k for runway 6. Runway 7 can wait.

My opinion.

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
I've built runway 6 about half a year ago. And what for? I'm still flying Jumbos and Giants. It feels good to not reject guest planes, but they don't actually bring anything useful. I'm with @Phyllo on this one. Getting to 71 will take really long. But if one wants to 3-star Jumbos and Giants before flying Falcons, that's even longer.

H

Heisenberg

Fact: you will end up buying the level 6 runway because of impatience. Happens to almost all of us.

Level 6 runway is good when your fleet needs it or if you're looking for more unique coin producers from the guest planes. If not? Let it slide.
Level 5 is far more interesting because you need it for landing red shuttles and the guest Jumbo's collection 'Joy Ride' which gives you the 85pax/20h 'House of Disturbance'. By now you surely must have found out the importance of passenger buildings... :)

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Phyllo Game Over
Fact: you will end up buying the level 6 runway because of impatience. Happens to almost all of us.

Level 6 runway is good when your fleet needs it or if you're looking for more unique coin producers from the guest planes. If not? Let it slide.
Level 5 is far more interesting because you need it for landing red shuttles and the guest Jumbo's collection 'Joy Ride' which gives you the 85pax/20h 'House of Disturbance'. By now you surely must have found out the importance of passenger buildings... :)

Patience was always one of my biggest virtues and now I just want to know how it will work out with skipping it. I'll keep updating the thread here as I progress and tell all if I would do it again or not. In the end, I may win or loose some time or money but my game won't be ruined either way, so why not try something new? ;)
Yes, I know how important passenger buildings are and I'm glad that I got terminal 5 with the huge improvement in passenger capacity.
I'll keep flying my jets and deltas and power delta until I reached all three stars possible with them and that will for sure keep me busy for quite a while, so the only reason to get a runway 6 when I reach level 51 would be to accept the new guest planes.
I'll try to keep track of how many I need to reject so that future players can make their choice a bit more informed than the guesswork I relate on now.

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
Patience was always one of my biggest virtues and now I just want to know how it will work out with skipping it. I'll keep updating the thread here as I progress and tell all if I would do it again or not. In the end, I may win or loose some time or money but my game won't be ruined either way, so why not try something new? ;)
Yes, I know how important passenger buildings are and I'm glad that I got terminal 5 with the huge improvement in passenger capacity.
I'll keep flying my jets and deltas and power delta until I reached all three stars possible with them and that will for sure keep me busy for quite a while, so the only reason to get a runway 6 when I reach level 51 would be to accept the new guest planes.
I'll try to keep track of how many I need to reject so that future players can make their choice a bit more informed than the guesswork I relate on now.
Did you fly to adventure destinations with those planes.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Phyllo Game Over
Current state:
I just reached level 51 (and rejected my first plane for runway 6 ;) ).
At 16000 points into level 45, I stopped cashing in my collections and saved them instead to be able to advance faster later.
Now that I reached level 51, my treasure chest holds collections worth 506.200 coins and 237.100 experience, meaning I could skip two of the tough levels 60 by now and I'll have a good start for the 1.500.000 I'll need for the runway 7 at level 71. Until I get there, I'll probably complete more collections but I'll also build my MC3 soon so that I'll need to use my space related collections. So I'll advance a bit faster during my levels 50 as well.
I'll keep the non-space related collections (currently 274.600 coins and 122.620 experience) until I reach level 61 so that I won't need to reject too many of the guest planes that will be added then.
I'll keep track of the planes I'll have to reject and share more info here as I gather it myself.

Top Bottom