Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Recent S3 map runners?

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
All of them, GD, D and SC. No SG since that was only events back then.

Would be interesting to use SC, GD, D, SG and bowl of riches
Just verified it with the studies that myself and @Ssam04 did. The default alliance map drop rate is 3%. With that being the case, it looks like my actual performance is right in line with what is expected.
So based on this, I am confident about the following rates:
Default (no bonus): 3%
Potion Of Luck: (+25%): 3.75%
Dice (+50%): 4.5%
Golden Dice (+100%): 6%
Sky Captain (+100%): 6%
Spyglass (+150%): 7.5%

So the best combination would give you +425%, but for simplicity's sake, say +400%, which is 15%. Our range of drops is now defined as from 3% to 15%, but there is a +/- tolerance with that.
It looks like the bonuses are still stacking.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Eagles, the most worthless plane, well maybe a tie with Tbirds. Nonetheless, decided to take a plunge:

Philly: 6/80 7.5%
Denver: 8/50 16%
Rapid City: 7/50 14%
Phoenix: 7/54 13%
Des Moines: 9/53 17%

All bonuses used, SC, SG, POL, GD, D
Curious as to why eagles are worthless to you. Tbirds I get (I went on a mini rant about how they dont really have a niche), but eagles have one important attribute that saves them (otherwise, I would agree with you)

Curious as to why eagles are worthless to you. Tbirds I get (I went on a mini rant about how they dont really have a niche), but eagles have one important attribute that saves them (otherwise, I would agree with you)
What attribute is that? They dont have any important drops, IMHO, and aside from stars dont serve me any purpose. Just take away catering, which decreases flights to Plestk and require SP or other flight items

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
What attribute is that? They dont have any important drops, IMHO, and aside from stars dont serve me any purpose. Just take away catering, which decreases flights to Plestk and require SP or other flight items
Yes in that aspect I do agree, but they do come in handy as they are the most fuel efficient planes in the fleet (followed closely by condors). That can come in handy for adding some extra pax without costing a ton of fuel per day in doing so. I prefer flying them than jumbos, as at least they can semi-sustain themselves with flights to shanghai and iceland. Jumbos just consume items, and the most useful drops are from cape town to build laundry facilities, which is why the jumbos and the nicheless tbirds are my least favorites.
Tbirds can at least sustain themselves and have a useful flight to tehran (and some pax buildings for those interested), but they are a less efficient raven in my opinion. Ravens not only fly the same amount of pax over the same period, but they consume less fuel in doing so. They dont carry a lot of pax and they consume significant fuel per hour, which leaves them on the short end of the stick in both pax and fuel efficiency, essentially making them nicheless

Last edited:
Yes in that aspect I do agree, but they do come in handy as they are the most fuel efficient planes in the fleet (followed closely by condors). That can come in handy for adding some extra pax without costing a ton of fuel per day in doing so. I prefer flying them than jumbos, as at least they can semi-sustain themselves with flights to shanghai and iceland. Jumbos just consume items, and the most useful drops are from cape town to build laundry facilities, which is why the jumbos and the nicheless tbirds are my least favorites
Not sure I understand how they are the most fuel efficient, but suppose Id need to recheck my maths. Time wise id rather send a plane to Plestk for the red drop, at least youd get that for 8 more units of fuel and 220 more pax

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Not sure I understand how they are the most fuel efficient, but suppose Id need to recheck my maths. Time wise id rather send a plane to Plestk for the red drop, at least youd get that for 8 more units of fuel and 220 more pax
On a per hour basis (looking at their longest flight of 8 hrs and 40 mins vs the giant's 9 hour flight), they burn 4.85 units of fuel per hour vs the giant's 5.56. Now dont get me wrong, the giant is superior overall, and one of the most well balanced planes of the entire fleet, but in regards to fuel efficiency, the eagle is better (based on its longest flight). Eagles are more of place fillers than an absolute necessity

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Can we just give a moment to how amazing the S3 giants look? They are black with just the right amount of gold as an accent color....those things are a work of art!

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
They are. I have at least one of S3 plane type except for Giant. Have to work it out.
Just got 3 this past weekend (hence the original stacking bonus question), but yeah one of the better looking S3s. They all look great, but the giant design may be one of the few that I don't have any aesthetic issues with at all. The wavy gold line along the fuselage is the perfect touch, and the gold in the tail isn't overbearing

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04rnw6mrz
Username
Dan-*item*
Curious as to why eagles are worthless to you....
.... as they are the most fuel efficient planes in the fleet (followed closely by condors)......
On a per hour basis .... they burn 4.85 units of fuel per hour ....
I find it interesting how you rank the eagle as the most fuel efficient. I was getting ready to ask how you determined they are the most efficient but then one of your later posts describes the fuel efficiency as a per hour rate. Do you have a 'window' of efficiency that you calculated because most aircraft can fly to destinations with different flight lengths and different fuel requirements. Did the math all come out the same for each location/fuel required? I have never calculated the fuel consumption per hour because it isn't an aspect of the game that I care about. And that is what makes this game great in my opinion, so many different ways to play.

I would say that the Eagle is important for flights to Iceland for the Iceland Crest instead of using neighbor visits on the Stone Castle or relying solely on adventure buildings or chests.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I find it interesting how you rank the eagle as the most fuel efficient. I was getting ready to ask how you determined they are the most efficient but then one of your later posts describes the fuel efficiency as a per hour rate. Do you have a 'window' of efficiency that you calculated because most aircraft can fly to destinations with different flight lengths and different fuel requirements. Did the math all come out the same for each location/fuel required? I have never calculated the fuel consumption per hour because it isn't an aspect of the game that I care about. And that is what makes this game great in my opinion, so many different ways to play.

I would say that the Eagle is important for flights to Iceland for the Iceland Crest instead of using neighbor visits on the Stone Castle or relying solely on adventure buildings or chests.
Glad you brought that up, because yes the destination will change the per hour rate. The maximum flight time is what I used, but the minimum flight time bounds the range. I also agree about the iceland crests for sure, but as you stated...so many different ways to play.

My fleet is a bit more diverse than most for a couple of reasons. 1) Flying the same type of plane to get all the stars is a bit monotone for me, and 2) It allows for me to juggle the fleet throughout the day. Because of that, I have planes that help with the pax load (falcons for example) and planes that are a bit more fuel efficient to counter the poor fuel efficiency of the falcons (in this case, the eagles fill that spot). I can do just fine without them, but they are useful to get some more pax without costing a whole lot of fuel to do so. I value fuel efficiency more than most players for that reason, and I actually wish that there were newer aircraft introduced that focused more on fuel efficiency rather than faster flight times (would be handy for speedup runs)

On a per hour basis (looking at their longest flight of 8 hrs and 40 mins vs the giant's 9 hour flight), they burn 4.85 units of fuel per hour vs the giant's 5.56. Now dont get me wrong, the giant is superior overall, and one of the most well balanced planes of the entire fleet, but in regards to fuel efficiency, the eagle is better (based on its longest flight). Eagles are more of place fillers than an absolute necessity
Got it. I usually have my fuel bar full so I don't get the drip, which if course doesn't change the numbers but which is why I generally focus on PAX/fuel or PAX/time. A more fuel efficient plane for each type would be of great interest, especially for speed ups.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Got it. I usually have my fuel bar full so I don't get the drip, which if course doesn't change the numbers but which is why I generally focus on PAX/fuel or PAX/time. A more fuel efficient plane for each type would be of great interest, especially for speed ups.
Really? How do you keep your bar full? Just using fuel ring gifts?

MikeH

1000+ Star Club
All New Tadashi
I used to stack the fuel too, but since I opted for gold sub, it seems like a waste of fuel for me :D

Top Bottom