Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Recent S3 map runners?

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Did a falcon map today. 46 flights....only 2 drops, with D, SG, and SC activated. Was expecting a 12% drop rate, but got only 4.3% drop rate. I want to pay attention to how far the spread is compared to what is expected. Two possible reasons for such a huge disparity:
1) Today was just a really unlucky map run
2) The drops come in waves, so the less you fly, the less chance you will get the drop rate you expect.

DexCare

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03btzrs90
Username
DexCare
I haven’t run any S3 map yet but I am very interested in this thread and I will do some soon. I think that every map has the same basic drop rates, but if you want to get that drop rate, you need to achieve 3 stars (500 flights). And when you only get 1 or 2 stars, in some way the drop rate was lower, maybe it is just equal to 1/3 or 1/2 the drop rate when it is 3 stars

I haven’t run any S3 map yet but I am very interested in this thread and I will do some soon. I think that every map has the same basic drop rates, but if you want to get that drop rate, you need to achieve 3 stars (500 flights). And when you only get 1 or 2 stars, in some way the drop rate was lower, maybe it is just equal to 1/3 or 1/2 the drop rate when it is 3 stars
There’s a proven difference between map types - excavation, Adventure, alliance and space. I’m flying condor excavation flights. No bonuses and drop rate isn’t that bad so far.

MikeH

1000+ Star Club
All New Tadashi
Did a falcon map today. 46 flights....only 2 drops, with D, SG, and SC activated. Was expecting a 12% drop rate, but got only 4.3% drop rate. I want to pay attention to how far the spread is compared to what is expected. Two possible reasons for such a huge disparity:
2) The drops come in waves, so the less you fly, the less chance you will get the drop rate you expect.
Yes, I try to do 100 flights at a time. You have much better chance to get more drops.

Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
03mzsdlw
Username
Deepgreensea
I think that’s a small sample size at 46 flights. I suspect by the time you have done the 500 flights it will be around the 12% mark

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Yes, I try to do 100 flights at a time. You have much better chance to get more drops.
Yeah I only do this small amount of flights with excess maps of 3 or more. Once I get to 2, I do 100, and if it's the last map, I do as many as I can. Im trying to use excess maps to burn collected f20 fuel until I have a completed set. Once a map set is complete, I start tapping into the fuel reserves to get more flights done. It's a system I came up with to always make use of the f20 fuel while saving the reserves for when I really need it. Those giants put a huge dent into my storage, so I have to be skimpy now while I accumulate more in preparation for the falcons and condors

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I think that’s a small sample size at 46 flights. I suspect by the time you have done the 500 flights it will be around the 12% mark
Yes the more flights I do, the closer to the % mark I should be. It's a gamble when doing a small amount of flights, but it served its purpose, so no harm done. It also tends to come in waves, and those waves take a while to occur

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Yesterday’s map run, running SC, SG, and Dice. Forgot to trigger PoL.
Raven to Lausanne 110 flights, 15 drops (14%)
I rather runs without it in terms of data collection, as the data will become slightly tainted unless you do all your flights within the 30 minute period. Looks like you were slightly above the expected 12%. Did more of your drops come in the beginning, middle, or end?

Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
03mzsdlw
Username
Deepgreensea
I rather runs without it in terms of data collection, as the data will become slightly tainted unless you do all your flights within the 30 minute period. Looks like you were slightly above the expected 12%. Did more of your drops come in the beginning, middle, or end?
Honestly I wasn’t paying attention. I recall 2 drops in the first 5 or 6 flights. These 110 flights are the only ones to this destination so far but I don’t think the number of stars achieved has any effect upon the drop rate. I think it’s the human brains looking for patterns. On my next run I’ll try and note where the drops come to help prove or disprove the theories.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Honestly I wasn’t paying attention. I recall 2 drops in the first 5 or 6 flights. These 110 flights are the only ones to this destination so far but I don’t think the number of stars achieved has any effect upon the drop rate. I think it’s the human brains looking for patterns. On my next run I’ll try and note where the drops come to help prove or disprove the theories.
I 100% agree. Improving drop rates vs the amount of stars you get isnt a trend that makes sense to me. All that is happening is that youre increasing your sample size, which brings it closer to the expected percentage

Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
03mzsdlw
Username
Deepgreensea
I did an adventure map run on one of my supports to test the ’drop distribution’ theory. I ran PoL for the first 25 flights and no other drop bonuses, just business class for the extra coinage. 100 hawk flights to Constantinople, 8 drops total. The drops came on the following flights: 18, 44, 45, 48, 51, 64, 66, & 71. Stars were awarded at 20, 50, & 100 flights.

Top Bottom