Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Recent S3 map runners?

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04rnw6mrz
Username
Dan-*item*
Always the drop depend on how many planes you send from same type to same destination and GD with Dice its enough.
3 planes and 5 planes from same type the drop is very low but when i send 7 to 10 planes that is a good drop.
I see this posted once in a while but is it a perceived increase in the drop rate or is it an actual increase in the drop rate? The reason I ask is because it could just be perception. For example, if the drop rate is 1 in 6 you would expect 6 iterations to see one drop when flying 1 plane at a time. But if you flew 6 planes instead of one and landed them all at the same time you would expect 1 drop. This would change to 2 expected drops with 12 planes if they were all flown at the same time and landed at the same time. The drop rate in my example didn't change from 1 in 6 over any of the three examples but it just appeared to be better when flying 6 planes and even better when flying 12 planes because you got a drop (or 2) from flying iterations of 6 (or 12) instead of 6 iterations of 1.

I have always wanted to try this out but I have never had the fleet or the destinations or the time (fuel/pax) to make it happen.

I see this posted once in a while but is it a perceived increase in the drop rate or is it an actual increase in the drop rate? The reason I ask is because it could just be perception. For example, if the drop rate is 1 in 6 you would expect 6 iterations to see one drop when flying 1 plane at a time. But if you flew 6 planes instead of one and landed them all at the same time you would expect 1 drop. This would change to 2 expected drops with 12 planes if they were all flown at the same time and landed at the same time. The drop rate in my example didn't change from 1 in 6 over any of the three examples but it just appeared to be better when flying 6 planes and even better when flying 12 planes because you got a drop (or 2) from flying iterations of 6 (or 12) instead of 6 iterations of 1.

I have always wanted to try this out but I have never had the fleet or the destinations or the time (fuel/pax) to make it happen.
You try it and let us know the result with you.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07

I think its perception. More planes simply decreases the time it takes to accumulate the number of flights, therefore affecting how quickly one accumulates the items. I've varied from one aircraft to 3 in regards to map runs, and it has never made a difference in drop rate.

a perception. no doubts.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04rnw6mrz
Username
Dan-*item*
I don't think that I flew enough to mathematically determine anything 100% concrete but I flew enough to see that there probably isn't a difference other than perception. It would be worth doing more if I had a lot of spare time and fuel to burn, but I probably won't unless someone can convince me otherwise.

I started by flying 1 Raven to the South Observatory while all of the other Ravens were sitting on the stands. I returned each flight with the instant fuel speed up and I waited until it taxied all of the way back to the stand (so I could repeat the process with multiple planes) and pressed and held the radar icon to finish the flight. I did that 18 times.

I then sent 6 Ravens to the South Observatory and did the instant return with fuel for all 6 of them simultaneously. I again waited until all 6 of them taxied back to the stand and then pressed and held the radar icon to finish all 6 flights at the same time. I did that a total of 3 times.

I then sent all 6 Ravens again to the South Observatory and did the instant return with fuel for 1 of them and left the other 5 in flight. I pressed and held the radar icon once the flight had taxied back to the stand. I then sent the 1 Raven to the South Observatory so I had 6 in flight again. I did this 3 times.

I also returned 2 Ravens at a time while the other 4 remained in flight. I used instant speed up and waited for them to both be at the stand and then again I pressed and held the radar icon. I then sent the 2 Ravens to the South Observatory again. I did this 3 times.

Here are my results:

Capture.PNG

Even if you completely threw out iteration 21 I don't think the difference of 1.33 avg drop per plane as compared to the 1.22 avg drop per plane makes it worth while to do, especially if you don't have all the planes to begin with and you have to purchase them.

I would love to hear/see other people actual data.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I don't think that I flew enough to mathematically determine anything 100% concrete but I flew enough to see that there probably isn't a difference other than perception. It would be worth doing more if I had a lot of spare time and fuel to burn, but I probably won't unless someone can convince me otherwise.

I started by flying 1 Raven to the South Observatory while all of the other Ravens were sitting on the stands. I returned each flight with the instant fuel speed up and I waited until it taxied all of the way back to the stand (so I could repeat the process with multiple planes) and pressed and held the radar icon to finish the flight. I did that 18 times.

I then sent 6 Ravens to the South Observatory and did the instant return with fuel for all 6 of them simultaneously. I again waited until all 6 of them taxied back to the stand and then pressed and held the radar icon to finish all 6 flights at the same time. I did that a total of 3 times.

I then sent all 6 Ravens again to the South Observatory and did the instant return with fuel for 1 of them and left the other 5 in flight. I pressed and held the radar icon once the flight had taxied back to the stand. I then sent the 1 Raven to the South Observatory so I had 6 in flight again. I did this 3 times.

I also returned 2 Ravens at a time while the other 4 remained in flight. I used instant speed up and waited for them to both be at the stand and then again I pressed and held the radar icon. I then sent the 2 Ravens to the South Observatory again. I did this 3 times.

Here are my results:

View attachment 42040

Even if you completely threw out iteration 21 I don't think the difference of 1.33 avg drop per plane as compared to the 1.22 avg drop per plane makes it worth while to do, especially if you don't have all the planes to begin with and you have to purchase them.

I would love to hear/see other people actual data.
But shouldnt it be 1.22 vs 0.94? Both those numbers are the average drop rate per plane per iteration. 1.33 was just the average drop rate per plane for one of your 6 raven flights

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04rnw6mrz
Username
Dan-*item*
But shouldnt it be 1.22 vs 0.94? Both those numbers are the average drop rate per plane per iteration. 1.33 was just the average drop rate per plane for one of your 6 raven flights
My statement was that if you assumed that iteration 21 was a fluke and completely removed the data from that iteration it would have been a 1.22 as compared to 1.33 avg. But yes, by including the data from iteration 21 it is 1.22 as compared to 0.94 avg.

1.33 is the individual average for iteration 19 and iteration 20. It is also the combined average for 19 and 20.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04rnw6mrz
Username
Dan-*item*
Not enough data for stable results @Dan
give me 1000 flights under each condition and I’ll buy it. Not less than that
I don't disagree with you at all but that is 180,000 in fuel and hours worth of time. There is no way that I am putting that much fuel or time into it. All of that fuel and time would go somewhere much more beneficial to my game.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Not enough data for stable results @Dan
give me 1000 flights under each condition and I’ll buy it. Not less than that
My guess is that the more flights you add, the closer to the "true average" you will get. However, we also have to be realistic in terms of how many flights we normally put in to achieve the goal that we have. Maybe if we set an "acceptable" standard such as the largest amount of flights needed for us to accomplish a goal...without bonuses. For instance, if adventure maps are 6% default, and we usually fly to get all 6 of the associated buildings, maybe a threshold of 600 flights would be what's required for an "acceptable" sample size.

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
All of the below with Dice, Golden Dice, Sky Capt, Spy Glass, Junior Pilot.
Cordoba 20 drops, 106 flights, 18.9%
Heraklion 19 drops, 106 flights, 17.9%
Canterbury 15 drops, 107 flights, 14%
San Jose 33 drops, 216 flights, 15.2%.

Also completed a load of adventure flights. Polynesian triangle and the art of transmutation collections. N.b. I had 33 drops from Honolulu before today, all others had no drops. Rough details below.
Best drop rate, 61% (100 flights).
Worst drop rate, 52% (52 in 100).
I had 61 from 100, 60 from 100 and 59 from 100.

MikeH

1000+ Star Club
All New Tadashi
Delphi need to redo their runway too, its taken a battering today!
View attachment 42667
Around 300,000 units in total.
I wonder what is the strategy with fuel if you want to do a run like this. We are limited to 100 boxes each and also 100 bars each. If I count all, I cannot see how to get to 300.000 fuel. Do you stack up from all f20 gifts @Barkmi4 (Mike) ?

Last edited by a moderator:

MikeH

1000+ Star Club
All New Tadashi
Giant run yesterday. Dice, Golden Dice, Junior Captain, Sky Captain, Spy Glass.

San Jose - 20 flights / 6 drops - 30%
San Diego - 34 flights / 6 drops - 18%
Santa Barbara - 32 flights / 6 drops - 19%
Santa Cruz - 14 flights / 2 drops - 14%

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
I wonder what is the strategy with fuel if you want to do a run like this. We are limited to 100 boxes each and also 100 bars each. If I count all, I cannot see how to get to 300.000 fuel. Do you stack up from all f20 gifts @Barkmi4 (Mike) ?
Stored in the fuel bar for weeks and weeks.....
After spyglass went from the event store, I stopped map running every week and started saving fuel instead.

Top Bottom