Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Question: Best way to spend greenies?

Device
  1. iPhone
Username
MightyOldMan
Hi all. Another newbie question: what's the best way to spend greenies? Let's say I have 10 greenies and I can either buy an expansion (at discount from 20, otherwise 100K coins) or buy more spots in the reserve hangar? Or something else?

Thanks in advance!

PLMerry

500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20rwgvgx
Username
PLMerry [what I need], PLM2, & PLM3
One thing is to use coins for land expansion as long as you can. Once you can no longer use coins for land then start using greenies.

When you want to grow fast, land in the answer. With more land comes more coins and paxs. There will come a point that land will cost so much, even on sale, that land is hard to come by. Ultimately though, where you spend the greenies depends on your priorities, or what is slowing you down at the time.

Device
  1. iPhone
Username
MightyOldMan
One thing is to use coins for land expansion as long as you can. Once you can no longer use coins for land then start using greenies.

When you want to grow fast, land in the answer. With more land comes more coins and paxs. There will come a point that land will cost so much, even on sale, that land is hard to come by. Ultimately though, where you spend the greenies depends on your priorities, or what is slowing you down at the time.
Thanks! So is it worth having multiple stands in the Reserve Hangar? Or it's better just to sell small planes?

I have seen this said before and I'm not sure I fully agree. I will say I do spend too get greens so my view is different but something I found in the really early game was if I waited to expand only with coins I would slow myself down a lot more by having to wait for coins ( we are talking when it got to 100k it so for an expansion).

What I'm trying to say is there are two sorts of efficiency. Greeny efficiency in which case sure only ever expand with coins until you don't get the option and time efficiency. Where expanding earlier with greenies means you progress note quickly in general. Im not advocating spending greenies wildly but I'm not sure I agree with the advice to never use greenies for land when you can use coins.

simister77

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
0385ivbzg
Username
sim77
Can I ask why Stone Castle (12 greenies), is a good choice to have in your play? I just reached level 50, and I mostly use greenies for land, to have more buildings for Paxs and coins collection. thank you

I have seen this said before and I'm not sure I fully agree. I will say I do spend too get greens so my view is different but something I found in the really early game was if I waited to expand only with coins I would slow myself down a lot more by having to wait for coins ( we are talking when it got to 100k it so for an expansion).

What I'm trying to say is there are two sorts of efficiency. Greeny efficiency in which case sure only ever expand with coins until you don't get the option and time efficiency. Where expanding earlier with greenies means you progress note quickly in general. Im not advocating spending greenies wildly but I'm not sure I agree with the advice to never use greenies for land when you can use coins.
I’m with you. A long long time ago, when I still could buy land with coins, I didn’t buy those last expansions with coins either. and I do not regret a single bit.
also, despite all advices, I didn’t use coal stations Instead of Teslas. I only have one coal station. Also no regrets.

@MightyOldMan read all the advices, then take an informed decision. and move forward, no regrets.

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
Hi all. Another newbie question: what's the best way to spend greenies? Let's say I have 10 greenies and I can either buy an expansion (at discount from 20, otherwise 100K coins) or buy more spots in the reserve hangar? Or something else?

Thanks in advance!
It depends, are you willing to buy greens or not?
There is plenty of advice for both strategies, but ultimately the best course depends on your answer to the above.

If you are not willing to buy, I would‘t touch them yet.... just keep saving.

Nayeon

1100+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03i2am107
Username
Nayeon
I wouldn't bother with 6 stone castles right away. Stone castles drop items for green launch. But it will easily become the prep you have most of even with 2 stone castles.
I liked them because have a low population hit (18) to pax produced (36/hour) ratio, all in a 2x2 square. I didn't care about the item drops at the time, it was about maximizing my yield for a given square size and population hit.

VdW

600+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03j2z0gz (PM me when adding, or your request might get deleted)
Username
VdW
I liked them because have a low population hit (18) to pax produced (36/hour) ratio, all in a 2x2 square. I didn't care about the item drops at the time, it was about maximizing my yield for a given square size and population hit.

Stone Castle doesn’t require population, it even increases your Max.Pop +18 😉

Mirandair

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
046x5pmaz
Username
Mirandair
May I slightly hijack this thread and ask what are the different ways to obtain greenies? Aware they can be bought, but are there any ways which dont require real cash. Thanks PM
Sometimes they drop with the daily free gift. Bonus codes (see announcements forum) also. And when you level up. And some other times like when you rank in an event. There must be a wiki about all the ways!

I spend greenies on land expansion and golden dice only. That's about it. I think I did once to upgrade flight catering facility too I believe. I don't really see the need for stone castles

Top Bottom