Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Next Q - duty free

Device
  1. Android
What good are the duty free shops items?
I read somewhere (forget where) they can be sold for money, but I don't see how.
Thanks for the help.

What good are the duty free shops items?
It is good for:
  1. Consuming electricity
  2. Consuming population
  3. Occupying much needed land
  4. Diverts attention to much needed flight items and consumables (like fuel, spare wires, attitude indicators, fuel hoses, etc)
In my (and many others here) opinion it is good for nothing, utterly and absolutely useless building.
I read somewhere (forget where) they can be sold for money, but I don't see how
There's no way it can be sold, it is regarded as an "important" building. If there was a way I would have sold it long ago (even for 10 coins) without thinking twice and no regrets.

Sorry - 'they' meant the items not the bldg. Although it doesn't sound like they can earn money whichever way.
It does sell items like chocolate candies, perfume, etc... But this alone you'll need to prioritise those useless items for more important ones.
Where do you get the items to sell in the store? 1. from tapping or clicking the neighbours buildings, 2. asking from neighbours.
What is the important things you'd want? 1. launch items, 2. flight items, 3. repair items which by the way you also get from tapping or clicking on neighbours' buildings and asking from neighbours. Now, with only 5 clicks or taps per neighbour where do you give the most priority? Personally I would shy away from DFS items as if they are contaminted and instead opt for more lucrative space buildings.

It does make money which in my opinion it is nothing compared to clicking or tapping my own commercial buildings, landing guest planes, landing my planes and launching.

One of the contracts gets you 1000 coins per 24 hours a apogee launch gets you 6000 coins in the same time frame.

PLMerry

500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20rwgvgx
Username
PLMerry [what I need], PLM2, & PLM3
Sorry - 'they' meant the items not the bldg. Although it doesn't sound like they can earn money whichever way.
The items are used in the duty free shop once it is built. The duty free items will build up in your warehouse and there is nothing you can do with them unless you build a duty free shop. The amount of coins you earn is not worth the effort (according to most) that you could be using in more lucrative actions. Also I have found that by the time you accumulate enough duty free items to actually perform the contracts within the duty free shop, that you are already at the point were you no longer need the coins.

The only real reason to build the duty free shop is to complete one of the side bar missions.

600 coins takes a day.
As previously noted, 1,000 takes 2 days and is the highest yield.

While it can produce coins, the cost and space for it isn't justifiable to most. You're likely better building a coal station for power or using area for launch facilities.

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
I will point out as well, that you can buy a duty free set from Duke twice a week for 1000 coins containing 5 random items....
But considering;
2 items makes 20 coins,
6 makes 600 coins,
4 makes 200,
and 8 make 1,000
You’d have to question who is buying these as they clearly cost more than is earned from the contracts.....

Also worth noting you’d make a lot more coins chasing launch collections during neighbour visits than you’d get chasing duty free items.

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
It is only worth having a duty free once you have tons of those items in your warehouse (you get a lot from the mystery sets from the Lost and Found collection). Only then is it worth it to buy the duty free level 2 and run a daily contract for 600 coins. But even then, at a cost of 50,000 for the building and the level 2 upgrade, it would take 83 days to make the coins back

Flyer

150+ Star Club
Knight Fliers Alliance
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20ANP76ZW
Username
Flyer-Items which I need
Sky Merchant Duke Croocker sells 1 duty free box per visit.
You can also get it from neighbors as gifts and by visiting them. (if you want to get items to sell.) I tell you it is very time consuming. You can use that land of that shop for something else. (My suggestion)

Sky Merchant Duke Croocker sells 1 duty free box per visit.
Yes and it costs 1000 coins. The highest thing you can make is 1000 coins! Not a seriously intelligent investment.

But then I too wasn’t very intelligent when I built mine. Now it gets turned on on,y when I have items. Certainly don’t go looking for them!

@Husam can you move this thread as it really has nothing to do with the wiki. Thanks

Top Bottom