Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

New update - Subscription feature(4/3/18)

A Merryflyer

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03nhxjex
Username
A Merryflyer
The service doesn't work backwards on those conditions you already had prior to purchasing the subscription. Those will expire as usual either by themselves or using the appropriate weather item.
Thanks for the clarification, but I don't think that was the case. This was for a map destination (so 6 hour duration) which was activated more than 12 hours after the subscription started.

I honestly can't remember if it was the first flight upon activation.

I have had two instances of this so far today. Its only a very minor issue, so no big deal.

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
Thanks for the clarification, but I don't think that was the case. This was for a map destination (so 6 hour duration) which was activated more than 12 hours after the subscription started.

I honestly can't remember if it was the first flight upon activation.

I have had two instances of this so far today. Its only a very minor issue, so no big deal.

Okay, we'll check that, thanks.

Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Friend Code
wj0hsef
Username
waterlow
Count me out, I was happy that we roughly had a level playing field. But now it's money talks.

If this is the future I will go away and I think a lot of other will do the same

Waterlow

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Count me out, I was happy that we roughly had a level playing field. But now it's money talks.

If this is the future I will go away and I think a lot of other will do the same

Waterlow
Money always talks when it comes to making things easier. There are levels when it comes to investments into the game. On one end, there are players who never spend a dime to purchase anything, and on the other, you have players who spend hundreds of dollars monthly to get what they need, and of course the rest of us that fall in-between. The bottom line is, it doesn't matter what the other players are doing. At the end of the day, you have to do what's best for you and your playing style. To get to the top ranks (if that's your goal), it's going to cost you in one way or another. If it's not money, then it certainly will be time and dedication. I think most players will continue to play; don't see a mass exodus because of a subscription option #justmysevencents :writing:

Blue Aero

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Blue Aero
With the 100 limit, seems a bit wasteful. Also, great, 3 fuel/min... but the problem is even with the 30% increase to max its not much to work with unless you're living on the game. Kill the 100 unit limit - or make it 1000.

I have over 12,000 flight catering in storage. Why should I be penalized for building flight catering facilities which I spent greenies on to build??? GI has no clue about economics and about keeping their customers happy by not changing the rules after their customers spent $$$ on something and their rule change makes whatever the customer spent money on worthless.

If GI wanted to increase their revenue, they should make the game a good value to play. Chopping down 10,000 trees and only two collections completed? I no longer chop trees. 120 flights with three items dropped? I no longer send all of my planes out so I no longer purchase fuel to keep them going. Bonuses that have no effect / no noticeable difference (ie sky captain / golden dice / spy glass) ? I no longer purchase golden dice or spy glass and no way will consider a sky captain purchase. Planetariums with lower drop rates? I'm pretty ticked I spent $$$ to get the six planetariums so why should I spend $$$ to try and get more than the three training centers if GI will change the drop rate making them even more pathetic than they already are? A couple of years ago the drop rates were decent and planetarium visits yielded enough launch boxes to keep rockets flying all evening long - now I spend a lot less time launching rockets because of lack of launch items and do not buy a golden dice daily to get more launch chests (it used to work until GI fixed the "good bug" which was a cash cow for them effectively they slit their own throats with that one)

The rule of economics supply and demand - if you overprice an item, there will be much less purchases of that item. Price it too low, you lose income. The art is to figure out a balance of profitability where demand is the highest - not continue to raise prices and reduce the value of the purchases. For GI to survive, they will need to figure out they cannot continue to grab for money without giving their customers something in return (increase drop rates, bonuses that actually work, leaving purchased items at the same value instead of causing the value of the customer's purchase to disappear, etc.) Whoever is making the GI decisions trying to fleece the customers instead of giving the customers value has absolutely no clue in what they are doing and it will eventually bring the company down.

BobbinsPilot

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
209mxmo3
Username
BobbinsPilot
Windows Store doesn't currently offer a subscription service we can use, so there'll be no subscription there in a foreseeable future, I'm afraid.

5.6.11 update on iOS has only subscription included, nothing new otherwise.

I define 'later' as one of the future updates that isn't coming within a week. That might be a month or two depending on the variety of reasons. We'll try to do it sooner rather than later, as always!

And I wouldn't exactly call iOS a 'lesser platform' for Airport City which is easily proven even by device distribution of players on this forum.

Hi,

When you say doesn't currently offer a subscription service we can use, are you aware that a subscription based add on has been available for developers of Windows Store games since around January? It must target windows 10 anniversary edition and required VS2017.

Thanks.

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
Hi,

When you say doesn't currently offer a subscription service we can use, are you aware that a subscription based add on has been available for developers of Windows Store games since around January? It must target windows 10 anniversary edition and required VS2017.

Thanks.

We'll see if we can make that happen, but that's not going to be soon.

Top Bottom