Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Maybe GI Improvements Will Happen In 2nd Half Of 2021?

There are many new game features which could be added to Airport City e.g. game levels 81-100, revamp of the space program, purchase new buildings (which are actually worthwhile) with silver tokens, sort out the bugs that forum members have so often spoken about. These are just some of the features which would improve, enhance and enrich the game.

The airplane liveries is, in all honesty, not a priority. But since we have the feature, it should have been made available for free, no green notes, no silver and gold tokens and no need to complete flight collections.

This would have been a really great gesture from Game Insight, in addition to the recent compensation, due to Windows players not being able to take part in two special events.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins
I think it is acceptable to buy uniforms with tokens. Of course, it is only a personal opinion. Because the aircraft that accelerates 10% needs green, it is acceptable to exchange 10% and 20% accelerated uniforms with gold and silver tokens.
Just exchange different opinions

Regards
flyhores

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Just 1 of 7 titles they currently offer. 🐝 🐝

@Navigata07 This might be worth a look:
Thanks for sharing this....great stuff! The only thing I noticed was the fact that we can soon create our own color schemes, which was what I wanted.

Haven’t we all known for sometime that the gameplay is never changing and poor at best. It’s been said a few times over the years that it’s as though GI are not interested , the game has had no genuine added new features for years.

if I wasn’t start chasing then I’m sure I would just give up like lots of other have done No idea what I’ll do once I do get all the available alliance and adventure destination stars

A mark of how disinteresting the game is - I used to come on here everyday to see what the latest news was, now I come on here maybe once every two weeks
It’s nice to see afew familiar faces still around after being away for many months. I actually updated my game tonight because I’m thinking about playing it again casually, then I see this thread and see very little appears to have changed. Add that to it being blocked for some reason (likely time traveling since it’s been months) and itfells like the good old days

It’s nice to see afew familiar faces still around after being away for many months. I actually updated my game tonight because I’m thinking about playing it again casually, then I see this thread and see very little appears to have changed. Add that to it being blocked for some reason (likely time traveling since it’s been months) and itfells like the good old days
Its good to see a familiar face come back. Hope you wont be disappointed! Could be a resource problem if you have too many 000’s of items. Negotiate.

Perhaps newsworthy? 🤔

2021-08-08-13-04-26.jpg

Thanks for sharing this....great stuff! The only thing I noticed was the fact that we can soon create our own color schemes, which was what I wanted.
Another resource though most is (presumably) in Russian even though the below shows as German to me:

Its good to see a familiar face come back. Hope you wont be disappointed! Could be a resource problem if you have too many 000’s of items. Negotiate.
The first impressions have been less than stellar. It’s been a week now and they are barely to the “what device are you on” question.

it does harken back to the old days of support from a couple years ago.

The first impressions have been less than stellar. It’s been a week now and they are barely to the “what device are you on” question.

it does harken back to the old days of support from a couple years ago.
Think it depends who you get. Summer holidays, stand ins, temp staff, reduced numbers … who knows. Once they get going they are ok but a bit of pot luck.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Perhaps newsworthy? 🤔

View attachment 56530
Not holding my breath anymore. I know that planes are coming (hence the competition on facebook several months ago), but even those things will probably get boring after people fly to all the destinations and what not. They need to shake things up for the changing times. Also, they haven't kept their word on quite a few things so far.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Another resource though most is (presumably) in Russian even though the below shows as German to me:
Yeah I have no idea what is being said on that site.

Wackeler

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20qjmn4y2
Username
Dirk VR F20 SlPi
The fact is that now it's all about money. Of course it is a company, but they scare away the frequent gamers because there are hardly any prospects. The film sequences / commercials have been omitted. There is only 2 times the value when buying tickets, instead of 3 x etc. With the quest tasks there is hardly anything for the "normal" players that is worth playing for 10-14 days for hours. Everything is just about buying ..... Just forgets G !, that they have to keep the players on the line longer, but most give up quickly as soon as more has to be played or you have to pay for everything.

Alright, from what I understand, they got cut off from their ad network on Windows. I don't know why but it doesn't matter. My speculation is that has to do with an upcoming changes to Microsoft Store for Windows 11. I also think ad revenue is drying up. On Youtube, I see all sorts of ads for various "Dietary Supplements" with all sorts of vague claims, get rich quick schemes, charity grabs, and political ads. Anyway, please don't get the impression just because of what I do. By the same token, I too am being hit by the issues with ads.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
The fact is that now it's all about money. Of course it is a company, but they scare away the frequent gamers because there are hardly any prospects. The film sequences / commercials have been omitted. There is only 2 times the value when buying tickets, instead of 3 x etc. With the quest tasks there is hardly anything for the "normal" players that is worth playing for 10-14 days for hours. Everything is just about buying ..... Just forgets G !, that they have to keep the players on the line longer, but most give up quickly as soon as more has to be played or you have to pay for everything.
Yes it's been about money for a while, and to be honest, I dont think that's what's driving players away. If they dont want to pay for things, a player can simply ignore that option. Older players are leaving because there is nothing new. Just about everything has lost its luster, and "new levels, new destinations, and new aircraft" will not be enough to rejuvenate the older player fanbase long term. Those things will create a short buzz and then quickly fizzle. If GI wants to bring life back to the game, they have to upgrade the basic functions of the game and address as many of the issues as possible. There needs to be a new dimension to gameplay imo

Yes it's been about money for a while, and to be honest, I dont think that's what's driving players away. If they dont want to pay for things, a player can simply ignore that option. Older players are leaving because there is nothing new. Just about everything has lost its luster, and "new levels, new destinations, and new aircraft" will not be enough to rejuvenate the older player fanbase long term. Those things will create a short buzz and then quickly fizzle. If GI wants to bring life back to the game, they have to upgrade the basic functions of the game and address as many of the issues as possible. There needs to be a new dimension to gameplay imo
I can agree with that sentiment. It is hard to keep old-timers in the game because they probably hit EVERY ceiling in the game. And lets face it, after you build something like Terminal level 12 (even with the best artwork in the World), you will get tired of it if you've been staring at it for months or years. People can fall into ruts and can get to a point where they could advanced stuff in their sleep that would be mind boggling to me.

Here's my general thoughts:
1) Make exclusive events for these players that are geared towards their skill level. I would think events where you have to be at level 80 and have X number of stars to qualify.
2) Have more interaction in the game itself. We have heard suggestions such as a "chat" function for things like launches and alliance interactions. We could even have events where alliances would have to band together with other alliances to complete something for a big award (such as say, an Astronaut Accadamy of X number of QL's or SC's for alliance members that complete the task).

Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20halcdzw
Username
Cassandra
Yes it's been about money for a while, and to be honest, I dont think that's what's driving players away. If they dont want to pay for things, a player can simply ignore that option. Older players are leaving because there is nothing new. Just about everything has lost its luster, , and "new levels, new destinations, and new aircraft" will not be enough to rejuvenate the older player fanbase long term. Those things will create a short buzz and then quickly fizzle. If GI wants to bring life back to the game, they have to upgrade the basic functions of the game and address as many of the issues as possible. There needs to be a new dimension to gameplay imo
Many of the older players who were grandfathered in with those 10x planetariums or other buildings that exceeded 6 were quite angry because they were told by ivan they wouldn't lose those buildings.

But then we seemed to have so many in the game with 20, 30, maybe more of Rocket Gardens, Alien Statues, Space Monuments or even excess Special Event buildings.

That created such conflict not just for GI to identify the cheaters, but created animosity between the players themselves via Discord, FB, and here.
I found that to be really sad because at one time there was so much trading going on, etc but As GI keeps adding more and more out of pocket costs to the game, well its not going to make it to its 10th yr anniversary

Funny, not haha funny but it seems GI is more concerned about the newbs and the revenue it brings in, because well newbs dont want to wait out the time and are quick to spend spend spend

It ,reminds me of my years living in Maine when a restaurant opens its doors year round, when Summer comes they have all sorts of deals, coupons, specials etc; but they cant figure out why during off season, the locals dont come in anymore.

GI needs to fix the entire system to keep newbs and veteran players both happy. GI hasnt done that yet really. Not in the 8 yrs I've played the game

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Many of the older players who were grandfathered in with those 10x planetariums or other buildings that exceeded 6 were quite angry because they were told by ivan they wouldn't lose those buildings.

But then we seemed to have so many in the game with 20, 30, maybe more of Rocket Gardens, Alien Statues, Space Monuments or even excess Special Event buildings.

That created such conflict not just for GI to identify the cheaters, but created animosity between the players themselves via Discord, FB, and here.
I found that to be really sad because at one time there was so much trading going on, etc but As GI keeps adding more and more out of pocket costs to the game, well its not going to make it to its 10th yr anniversary

Funny, not haha funny but it seems GI is more concerned about the newbs and the revenue it brings in, because well newbs dont want to wait out the time and are quick to spend spend spend

It ,reminds me of my years living in Maine when a restaurant opens its doors year round, when Summer comes they have all sorts of deals, coupons, specials etc; but they cant figure out why during off season, the locals dont come in anymore.

GI needs to fix the entire system to keep newbs and veteran players both happy. GI hasnt done that yet really. Not in the 8 yrs I've played the game
Between you and @pilot-wv , too many solid points to summarize them all.
We have seen the decline for a few years now. I don't think it was until the new event style came around when it really hits home for the older players that they were not the focus of the latest developments.
As Pilot-wv said, we have been staring at the same thing for years. I'v been playing for nearly 4 years now, and there are many here who have been playing for double that (you included). The main reason I even fly anymore is to support my alliance and help them get the alliance maps weekly while I wait for my last one. During that time, I still hope for a miracle, but it's looking less likely as the years go by. As I said, throw in money making gimmicks if you choose, but don't turn off the creativity! If you're running out of ideas, there are multiple resources to get information as to what players want. They have no excuse for not evolving the game to better than where it currently is.

Top Bottom