Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Maybe GI Improvements Will Happen In 2nd Half Of 2021?

Between you and @pilot-wv , too many solid points to summarize them all.
We have seen the decline for a few years now. I don't think it was until the new event style came around when it really hits home for the older players that they were not the focus of the latest developments.
As Pilot-wv said, we have been staring at the same thing for years. I'v been playing for nearly 4 years now, and there are many here who have been playing for double that (you included). The main reason I even fly anymore is to support my alliance and help them get the alliance maps weekly while I wait for my last one. During that time, I still hope for a miracle, but it's looking less likely as the years go by. As I said, throw in money making gimmicks if you choose, but don't turn off the creativity! If you're running out of ideas, there are multiple resources to get information as to what players want. They have no excuse for not evolving the game to better than where it currently is.
Unless they too are tired of the game? Most game studios move on after working on a title for numerous years. However, GI once stated they prefer to not sunset a game; perhaps this is another one they just continue to limp along with as the money still flows in. 🤔

Unless they too are tired of the game? Most game studios move on after working on a title for numerous years. However, GI once stated they prefer to not sunset a game; perhaps this is another one they just continue to limp along with as the money still flows in. 🤔
Alternatively, Keep the game going but change the team working on it. For people who actually play it, might be a good start!

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
202dl6ph
Username
CPH
We have seen the decline for a few years now. I don't think it was until the new event style came around when it really hits home for the older players that they were not the focus of the latest developments.
As Pilot-wv said, we have been staring at the same thing for years. I'v been playing for nearly 4 years now, and there are many here who have been playing for double that (you included). The main reason I even fly anymore is to support my alliance and help them get the alliance maps weekly while I wait for my last one. During that time, I still hope for a miracle, but it's looking less likely as the years go by. As I said, throw in money making gimmicks if you choose, but don't turn off the creativity! If you're running out of ideas, there are multiple resources to get information as to what players want. They have no excuse for not evolving the game to better than where it currently is.
@navigata.
If you look at other games, free and purchase as well like AC, look at Big Farm mobile harvest. You can pick alliance with your own language, you can chat with them on line, there is no limits of levels, you have a chance to expand your store all the time, you can play on any platform, you can watch adds on any platform, they have a blog where they inform you about news at least 2 times/week, there are no bugs, and people from all over the globe play. Its a game where you chose where to go and who to work with. NOW that is what GI should go for. Ive been playing for years as well, and lately I skipped my alliance because the game is not interesting anymore. I still play, and have joined a small alliance to help them getting up in ranks, BUT i will only play when I have the time, and not forced to do so. It is such a shame to see the development over the past years with AC, colors on planes, cars in the city, but the events are more or less the same, and since I started, no new levels, no new planes, almost no new destinations to fly to, almost no new buildings, and worst of all - since I started some of the bugs are still there !!!!!!!.
So what one person said, they are only thinking about new players, and don't give a s... about older ones.
And the way the put news on this forum - 2-3 months between someone post something - just to change it again like the last event where all put their eggs on land, just to find an other event. And now where win-players can't watch adds - others can - shame - and like when win-players missed 2 events - what kind of game is that ?
Ohhh - we are working on it !!!!!!!

That's a very fair assessment. Sometimes, I'm not sure what I'm trying to say and it gets so riddled in nuances. I think that we could have a situation where the totally blind are leading the totally blind while constantly debating where they are and where they want to go. But I'm getting philosophical here.

But I do think creativity and interaction need to be the focus. One nice thing about one game I used to play was that it had a sign that could customize that said something like "Welcome to ___". It could be neon sign, a hi-tech sign, even one made of wood that had a cowboy hat (I liked that one), or any number of other styles. In addition, it also used an icon I have on Facebook or maybe you could upload a small icon. In addition, the names were allowed to be longer than they are here. And your neighbors would see this stuff. That allows you totally "brand" yourself in this game.

If I had my way, my game board would have these things:
1) Planes with "Question Marks" on the tails and maybe the wings. I actually have a pair of cufflinks in the shape of a "Question Mark". Maybe, I watched too many Doctor Who Episodes in the 1980's.
2) A wooden sign with a cowboy hat sitting on the top right-hand corner.
3) The game would have the same avatar that I use here. Yes, Virginia, the face is my own, the black three-piece suit with a 6x2 double-breasted coat is REAL, and I own the cowboy hat last time I checked :).
4) I would like to have a game name such as "Greed, Sloth, & Avarice" as well as game tags so neighbors can see what they should gift me. I once saw a Usenet post where the person listed in their "Organization" feild, "Greed, Sloth, & Avarice" and I thought it was funny. In the meantime, I'm stuck with "jpm-wv-" something where "jpm" is my initials and "wv" stands for the US State I live in.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
@navigata.
If you look at other games, free and purchase as well like AC, look at Big Farm mobile harvest. You can pick alliance with your own language, you can chat with them on line, there is no limits of levels, you have a chance to expand your store all the time, you can play on any platform, you can watch adds on any platform, they have a blog where they inform you about news at least 2 times/week, there are no bugs, and people from all over the globe play. Its a game where you chose where to go and who to work with. NOW that is what GI should go for. Ive been playing for years as well, and lately I skipped my alliance because the game is not interesting anymore. I still play, and have joined a small alliance to help them getting up in ranks, BUT i will only play when I have the time, and not forced to do so. It is such a shame to see the development over the past years with AC, colors on planes, cars in the city, but the events are more or less the same, and since I started, no new levels, no new planes, almost no new destinations to fly to, almost no new buildings, and worst of all - since I started some of the bugs are still there !!!!!!!.
So what one person said, they are only thinking about new players, and don't give a s... about older ones.
And the way the put news on this forum - 2-3 months between someone post something - just to change it again like the last event where all put their eggs on land, just to find an other event. And now where win-players can't watch adds - others can - shame - and like when win-players missed 2 events - what kind of game is that ?
Ohhh - we are working on it !!!!!!!
I actually like the livery customization, which in itself is creative and has a lot of potential to be great, but that's the thing with GI as of late: they create new ideas, but not to their full potential. There is always some significant shortcoming that couldve been avoided if it was thought through properly.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Im not convinced they are tired of it. When they did their recent video, Airport City was the first game they talked about, because it definitely has prestige in the organization. Theyre also still getting quite a bit of revenue from it, so I think it's laziness more than anything else. Do just the bare minimum and focus more on aesthetics than anything else. All the recent changes are about making the game look attractive (the hangar, cars, and even my beloved liveries).

Im not convinced they are tired of it. When they did their recent video, Airport City was the first game they talked about, because it definitely has prestige in the organization. Theyre also still getting quite a bit of revenue from it, so I think it's laziness more than anything else. Do just the bare minimum and focus more on aesthetics than anything else. All the recent changes are about making the game look attractive (the hangar, cars, and even my beloved liveries).
I don't think they are and the game does it's appeal. Of course, one problem is that the people that work on astetics are NOT programmers and vice-versa. Plus, they have deadlines. It becomes a situation where you have to run as fast as you can just to stand still.

In the meantime, there may be one appeal in this game that is beyond the developer's control. That appeal is sharing what have learned with your fellow alliance members. In some ways, I am like the adolescent that is in "crisis" and this "crisis" is something you deal with all of the time without a second thought. The key is you have the know-how and confidence to do something that an adolescents that doesn't know how to do and doesn't have the confidence to do it. A major achievement for me is something you could do very easily such as obtain a nuclear power plant.

I'm trying to say something.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I don't think they are and the game does it's appeal. Of course, one problem is that the people that work on astetics are NOT programmers and vice-versa. Plus, they have deadlines. It becomes a situation where you have to run as fast as you can just to stand still.

In the meantime, there may be one appeal in this game that is beyond the developer's control. That appeal is sharing what have learned with your fellow alliance members. In some ways, I am like the adolescent that is in "crisis" and this "crisis" is something you deal with all of the time without a second thought. The key is you have the know-how and confidence to do something that an adolescents that doesn't know how to do and doesn't have the confidence to do it. A major achievement for me is something you could do very easily such as obtain a nuclear power plant.

I'm trying to say something.
I think its the camaraderie that youre referring to. To truly benefit from this game, you have to find those who have done it before you, as well as those who are currently at your level yet have the same amount of drive as you. That may be the main reason why so many disgruntled players stick around...while they finish up their game goals. Most veteran players who do remain are probably star chasers, as that is the most long-term goal a player can have.

Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20halcdzw
Username
Cassandra
I just had to file complaint with Support because my #1 game is kaput, crapolla, busted, virtually un-playable

Landing planes, repairing, collecting coins and passengers, building, when neighbors visit or send gifts...............

It does not matter what I do the game freezes and crashes

And this is my game that is investment into it both time and money

I dont know whether to scream cry or punch the wall

I just had to file complaint with Support because my #1 game is kaput, crapolla, busted, virtually un-playable

Landing planes, repairing, collecting coins and passengers, building, when neighbors visit or send gifts...............

It does not matter what I do the game freezes and crashes

And this is my game that is investment into it both time and money

I dont know whether to scream cry or punch the wall
Already tried 'restore game resources' option? :banghead:

Maybe the next event will happen in the second half of 2021 too !
Maybe also
1629220737539.png

Only time I recall Pigs with wings or flying pigs is from Pink Floyd's Animals Album cover. lol yes people LP vinyls were really a thing
Yep, easier seen on remix album cover above Battersea power station which I recently saw on TV got a major overhaul 👏

Last edited:
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20halcdzw
Username
Cassandra
So of course tech support asks if I have tried rebooting game, my device, my brain, etc and lol I'm a dinosaur when it comes to computers; I started working w systems in 1984 lol Where mainframes were located in a central locale and we only had CRT monitors, a keyboard and a mouse. lol we didnt even have tablets and cell phones back then.

lol if I purchase new laptop I always bought more than one of the same system and would get to know it both hardware and software so if something happened w my daughter's device I would know all troubleshooting methods

Sometimes I think GI support talks down to us like we're the dummies

Maybe we are for playing this game and spending time and money

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I can't remember the last time I completed a collection; they just pile up uncollected. Been ages since I've done a launch of any kind....think that perfectly defines where I'm at with the game. 🤷🏿‍♂️

Top Bottom