Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Maybe GI Improvements Will Happen In 2nd Half Of 2021?

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
We're ending May heading into June, and not seeing a whole lot in terms of improvement out of the GI camp.
1) Communication was a goal of theirs this year, and it hasn't been happening much to date
2) Events are still quite repetitive when it comes to rewards; they are uninspiring. For many, it's probably more of a star chasing event now....at least for forum members who have been playing for a while.
3) Gameplay still the same...only the livery rollout is new, which in itself needs some work.
Still hopeful for something, but theyre not giving us much to work with so far this year 🤷🏿‍♂️

I admit that some thing are repetitive for the events but that might be better than a situation I was in last year with the "Back to School" event. I had a big a big problem in that part of that was being able to recognize objects in split seconds. The problem was that I typically have trouble with recognizing objects that quickly so I could do NOT well at it. Now to be fair, I was later diagnosed with severe cataracts.

Then this year, we had a fiasco where us Windows users were NOT merely excluded from two events including "Riding the Comet" but we were also prevented from visiting our neighbors (a functionality FAILURE) and likewise, you were not permitted to visit me. That went on for over 2 weeks. I think any changes may need to be more incremental rather than radical to prevent a repeat of the incident.

And I think you would do well to remember that it's easy for level 80 players to take some things for granted that lower level players see as major accomplishments. For me, the "It Come From Outer Space" was NOT merely about getting stars but getting 5 Crop Circles so that I could increase my Airport Terminal's cap to 1888 (I'm still at Terminal level 9).

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
There are many new game features which could be added to Airport City e.g. game levels 81-100, revamp of the space program, purchase new buildings (which are actually worthwhile) with silver tokens, sort out the bugs that forum members have so often spoken about. These are just some of the features which would improve, enhance and enrich the game.

The airplane liveries is, in all honesty, not a priority. But since we have the feature, it should have been made available for free, no green notes, no silver and gold tokens and no need to complete flight collections.

This would have been a really great gesture from Game Insight, in addition to the recent compensation, due to Windows players not being able to take part in two special events.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I admit that some thing are repetitive for the events but that might be better than a situation I was in last year with the "Back to School" event. I had a big a big problem in that part of that was being able to recognize objects in split seconds. The problem was that I typically have trouble with recognizing objects that quickly so I could do NOT well at it. Now to be fair, I was later diagnosed with severe cataracts.

Then this year, we had a fiasco where us Windows users were NOT merely excluded from two events including "Riding the Comet" but we were also prevented from visiting our neighbors (a functionality FAILURE) and likewise, you were not permitted to visit me. That went on for over 2 weeks. I think any changes may need to be more incremental rather than radical to prevent a repeat of the incident.

And I think you would do well to remember that it's easy for level 80 players to take some things for granted that lower level players see as major accomplishments. For me, the "It Come From Outer Space" was NOT merely about getting stars but getting 5 Crop Circles so that I could increase my Airport Terminal's cap to 1888 (I'm still at Terminal level 9).
The events themselves arent the issue; they've been repeated for years. However, the rewards SHOULD be changing year after year. When I say that the rewards are uninspiring, Im speaking about the rewards you get via leveling up. Crop circles are a part of the event, so Im not including things like those. I also emphasize SHOULD because very often the rewards are advertised as new when they are far from it. Also, the rewards....especially of late....are all pretty much the same: Coin buildings that may sometimes have a pax or coin bonus attached to it. Now I know coin buildings are valuable to the beginner player ( I used to have a lot of them also), but they can still change the reward type between events.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
There are many new game features which could be added to Airport City e.g. game levels 81-100, revamp of the space program, purchase new buildings (which are actually worthwhile) with silver tokens, sort out the bugs that forum members have so often spoken about. These are just some of the features which would improve, enhance and enrich the game.

The airplane liveries is, in all honesty, not a priority. But since we have the feature, it should have been made available for free, no green notes, no silver and gold tokens and no need to complete flight collections.

This would have been a really great gesture from Game Insight, in addition to the recent compensation, due to Windows players not being able to take part in two special events.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins
I agree Captain that liveries are low in priority conpared to other things. There is also the dilemma of gold tokens losing their purpose, which I don't think a lot of people realize. Very few things to spend them on nowadays, and shows the shift to greenies to raise more revenue

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
The events themselves arent the issue; they've been repeated for years. However, the rewards SHOULD be changing year after year. When I say that the rewards are uninspiring, Im speaking about the rewards you get via leveling up. Crop circles are a part of the event, so Im not including things like those. I also emphasize SHOULD because very often the rewards are advertised as new when they are far from it. Also, the rewards....especially of late....are all pretty much the same: Coin buildings that may sometimes have a pax or coin bonus attached to it. Now I know coin buildings are valuable to the beginner player ( I used to have a lot of them also), but they can still change the reward type between events.
Yes, exactly. And should be worthwhile. A Biker Bar with max pop of 15, no other bonuses and 19 coins/hour? No thanks. Even the rehearsal hall for level 19 in premium - 20max pop and coin bonus? I don't need more coins. And some of the best coin producing buildings aren't from the events anyway.

I really don't mind repeating events. You can't really get all stars from all event flights in one go. And in fact, I resent when they skip events that have flights associated with them or leave out destinations for those events. It makes it harder for me to catch up/earn those stars.

So a few thoughts:
  • They should be coming up with other kinds of bonuses on buildings - ones we would actually drool over. More buildings that increase terminal capacity. And maybe one that doubles the speed of drops of adventure buildings.
  • New levels!! These are long overdue
  • New space mission. This also means new space maps and new buildings from the space maps.
  • There's an opportunity to build out additional adventure buildings/collections. Stone Skyscraper, tower of babel, great pyramid, taj mahal and forbidden city build up to the Kremlin. Crystal Skull just stops there. So I can see more adventure collections/buildings being added
  • I LOVE LOVE LOVE the buildings based on real life. But hey - there are significant parts of the globe that haven't been touched yet. There are loads of buildings that are based on NYC and Moscow alone. There are entire continents they haven't even touched. And BTW please change town hall 8 :)
  • Night mode please!

If G! wants people to buy land, they have to produce buildings people want so that they need to buy land to put them on.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Yes, exactly. And should be worthwhile. A Biker Bar with max pop of 15, no other bonuses and 19 coins/hour? No thanks. Even the rehearsal hall for level 19 in premium - 20max pop and coin bonus? I don't need more coins. And some of the best coin producing buildings aren't from the events anyway.

I really don't mind repeating events. You can't really get all stars from all event flights in one go. And in fact, I resent when they skip events that have flights associated with them or leave out destinations for those events. It makes it harder for me to catch up/earn those stars.

So a few thoughts:
  • They should be coming up with other kinds of bonuses on buildings - ones we would actually drool over. More buildings that increase terminal capacity. And maybe one that doubles the speed of drops of adventure buildings.
  • New levels!! These are long overdue
  • New space mission. This also means new space maps and new buildings from the space maps.
  • There's an opportunity to build out additional adventure buildings/collections. Stone Skyscraper, tower of babel, great pyramid, taj mahal and forbidden city build up to the Kremlin. Crystal Skull just stops there. So I can see more adventure collections/buildings being added
  • I LOVE LOVE LOVE the buildings based on real life. But hey - there are significant parts of the globe that haven't been touched yet. There are loads of buildings that are based on NYC and Moscow alone. There are entire continents they haven't even touched. And BTW please change town hall 8 :)
  • Night mode please!

If G! wants people to buy land, they have to produce buildings people want so that they need to buy land to put them on.
Yup agreed to all. I love the repeat of events actually, because once you get to falcons and above, it's nearly impossible to 3 star them the first time. Also, you dont have to learn a new event each time.
I think what's frustrating is that they know what needs to be done...assuming they have been paying attention to the interface platforms like the forum, facebook, and discord. I know things take time to implement, and it should be done in transition, but there are some simple changes that can at least keep us satisfied until the big changes are made....such as the reward buildings. After the windows fiasco, I was hoping they would realize the direction theyre heading, but I dont think the lesson clicked

Last edited:
For me i am not waiting for new destinations for stars or new level.
Who complete all stars for now just few players around the world so i cannot ask for new level or cities.
The good thing that Gi make the graphic changing buildings colors then change airport site how it looks now and latest the plane color and of course the cars so my city its not boring i can set watching and send my planes for hours per day this amazing Thanks Gi
This job need a years of work so i am happy that there is no new level and stars when i complete my stars then maybe i will ask Gi for more ;)
The only thing i am waiting and really need to be change and upgrade is the launches how many years its the same its time for Gi to upgraded to Mars or to the Moon it will be great :D:D:D hope this it will be in the end of this year ;)

Last edited:

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
For me i am not waiting for new destinations for stars or new level.
Who complete all stars for now just few players around the world so i cannot ask for new level or cities.
The good thing that Gi make it is the graphic changing buildings colors then change airport site how it looks now and latest the plane color and of course the cars so my city its not boring i can set watching and send my planes for hours per day this amazing Thanks Gi
This job need a years of work so i am happy that there is no new level and stars when i complete my stars then maybe i will ask Gi for more ;)
The only thing i am waiting and really need to be change and upgrade is the launches how many years its the same its time for Gi to upgraded to Mars or to the Moon it will be great :D:D:D hope this it will be in the end of this year ;)
I want a new mission too, but I dont want it to be just a bigger red launch. There should be something else to it that makes it different from the previous launches. Lets see what they come up with...if anything.

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
I agree Captain that liveries are low in priority conpared to other things. There is also the dilemma of gold tokens losing their purpose, which I don't think a lot of people realize. Very few things to spend them on nowadays, and shows the shift to greenies to raise more revenue
I to have noticed the long term 'doings' with regards to gold tokens and the way Game Insight has gone about there business.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Maybe the improvements we’ve been waiting for are totally different from what GI’s plans of improvements.

Maybe for them liveries and CARS are MAJOR improvements 🤯🤯
Well we knew the liveries were coming...or at least some form of customization. What Ive noticed too is that the changes that have been made are never to their full potential. Said plenty of times that liveries could be an awesome thing, but the way it is rolled out is just an awful way to do it. It seems that the trend now is to offer a livery per event with the premium pass purchase, which is fine in itself. However, the livery has no bonus to it at all....not even a -20% flight time like the jumbo rangers...are you kidding? When people have their S jets or purchased liveries that had bonuses to them, who would even bother with the no bonus event liveries? Its a shame too, because some of them really do look nice on some planes. They just really need to think things through. If they would just hire me to run the show for a day....just one day....they wouldnt recognize the game when I'm done 🤷🏿‍♂️

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Two months ago since the last message in this thread, and nothing has changed. Heard nothing from Ur-quan (there goes the goal of better communication) and nothing new to report on anything. They would normally start buzzing about the next major update (9.0)...as they seem to try updating annually. Trying to be patient, but yeah Im not seeing any indication of anything new. I do love liveries though; I'll give them that.

Two months ago since the last message in this thread, and nothing has changed. Heard nothing from Ur-quan (there goes the goal of better communication) and nothing new to report on anything. They would normally start buzzing about the next major update (9.0)...as they seem to try updating annually. Trying to be patient, but yeah Im not seeing any indication of anything new. I do love liveries though; I'll give them that.
There has been "communication" on Facebook though (the users they care about), so that was maybe their goal 🤔 Nothing serious , like from development\design\direction, just that the moderator actually responds 🥳:D

But yeah, as far as v9, alliance overhaul, but fixes, etc., no word yet but we do having moving cars (n) , liveries (y) and somewhat improved interface (y) just to name a few. I still miss easily moving planes around on stands though 🤬

Last edited:
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20halcdzw
Username
Cassandra
Well lets see how much crap we've had to deal with over the years everytime they've promised to fix glitches, provide updates, look out for us long time game players etc
When they decided to give us 2 reserve hangars then suddenly reneged on one and combine both. I lost both and even had to rebuild from scratch, like I GRRRRR had 14 slots total and had to rebuild from a level 1 reserve

Since V7 everytime I try to move or build anything, the moment ppl visit, or my planes land my game crashes and at first it only happened when editing. Now its constant

And dont get me started on trying to rob us of real money with about every %#$# bonus, spped up building productions or planes and repairs

And quite honestly I'm already furious because there were many other veteran players that left the game because GI took away things we either paid out of pocket for, or things like having 10 planetariums because of ppl crying about it

And now the drop rates of even a %#%#% landing lamp from Turkey is crap too

So yeah !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 12standsinhangar.PNG
    12standsinhangar.PNG
    1,014.4 KB · Views: 73
  • 14 stands.PNG
    14 stands.PNG
    3.9 MB · Views: 71
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20halcdzw
Username
Cassandra
Well we knew the liveries were coming...or at least some form of customization. What Ive noticed too is that the changes that have been made are never to their full potential. Said plenty of times that liveries could be an awesome thing, but the way it is rolled out is just an awful way to do it. It seems that the trend now is to offer a livery per event with the premium pass purchase, which is fine in itself. However, the livery has no bonus to it at all....not even a -20% flight time like the jumbo rangers...are you kidding? When people have their S jets or purchased liveries that had bonuses to them, who would even bother with the no bonus event liveries? Its a shame too, because some of them really do look nice on some planes. They just really need to think things through. If they would just hire me to run the show for a day....just one day....they wouldnt recognize the game when I'm done 🤷🏿‍♂️
They wont hire you though. Like most places if you cater to the customers, its not in their best interest to do so.

Not just with GI but I've noticed both via e-commerce and brick n mortar that customer service has literally turned to manure.

So rather than @Ur-quan come on here, or Mr Wright ob discord, or the guy on FB even posting anything promising, for the most part its best they remain silent

I was one of the people that complained about 10 Planetariums and I will tell you why. I was allowed 6 planetariums and I paid for mine. I felt that it was unfair when people on FB had those. Incidentally, I actually have 1 training center and one planetariums in my warehouse.

This having been said, there are a lot of issues that I have. I can't build Town Hall level 10 because I can't get the parts for it without paying out of the wazu for that. Completing side missions does NOT help. There does NOT seem to be a path.

In addition, the scaling stuff is wrong and I too am irked by this. That's a usability issue. I can work around the Hanger bug. I GI fixes this stuff because a lot really is broken in this release.

Now I realize that a number of people are leaving the game and I don't blame them. And this hitting all sorts of alliances (goodness knows, some can be cut-throat already).

Ad revenue is going down and there are other economic forces.

Well, liveries can be stacked. Could take event livery and add to speed livery for both in the case of volcano\lava livery. Granted, not all provide this but say want a cool event livery but with speed, now it's possible (e.g. space condor with 40% speed increase).

Top Bottom