Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

M-easy Guide to Obtains Quantum Leap for Beginners

It has been ten months since I start playing this game now. Time surely gone really fast, no? While I am on alliance transition phase now, I finally have the time to write this m-easy (read: messy) guide to obtains QL for beginners. Hopefully this can help some new players interested to obtains some QLs, to do multiple space launches in a day on regular basis.

First of all, just remember this theory in your mind. The Theory of Everything. One of the collection in this game (not the drama on TV). See the details in here: https://airportcity.fandom.com/wiki/Category:The_Theory_of_Everything_Flights

Based on my experience, this might not be your first way to obtain your QL from, but trust me, it will be your easiest way to obtain it for long run (in compare with others collection and top ranking bonus).

Yes, you might have realized this is the way to obtain it, and might still thinking that this will be still hard to achieved. Well, with the new bonus effects, it changed everything now. Enough the chit chat. So what to do next?

First thing to do, gather as many as you can all space maps needed (Novosibirsk, Bangalore, Berkeley, Edmonton and Perth). The only way, obviously going first as many as you can on your every Green launches. I am also would recommend you to participate in QL party if possible, but respect all the rules if you join one of them.

My tips would be only start to use those maps when you have at least one or two for each of 5 space map destinations. I will explain it later why.

Second thing to do, gather as many fuels as you can. One way to do it doing space launch on regular basis. Fastest way to do it, participate in QL party. Would be very helpful if you already taking part in a fuel ring chain also. What would be an ideal numbers? Based on my experience, I would say 30 x Fuel 150 and 90 x Fuel 50 will be enough. If you have more, obviously will be better.

Next after you gather all the necessary maps and enough fuels, time to check your inventory. Make sure you have 1 x Vintage Weathervane, 1 x Secret Faucet, 1 x Sky Captain, 1 x Dice (or Golden Dice), 1 x Spy Glass, some Fuel Catalyst, 100 Landing Lamp. Why? because this space maps flight will take 2h 40m per flight, while each activated map will only last for 3h. So how it works then? Activating Vintage Weathervane bonus will reduce the flight duration to 1h 44m. If you use fuel catalyst for the flight, it will reduce the flight duration to be under 1h 30m. So, for every Owl plane you can do around 3 flights for duration of the first activated map. Secret Faucet (it will be better if you can also activating Fuel Additives from events) will help you to speed up flight along with Fuels. The combination of Sky Captain, Dice and Spy Glass bonus will help boost your drop chances. Landing lamp is mandatory for all space maps flight.

When everything are set, next will be choosing your best time to do the space maps flight day. Based on my experience, I would spare around 6 free hours for the day.

At the planned day, the tips would be to store your most valuable planes in your hangar and sold every other planes. Then buy as many Owl planes as you can. Make sure your fuel bar is almost full and then activated all mentioned bonuses along with one space map. Which one best for first? The least of all you have in your inventory. Lets say you have 99 Novosibirsk, 98 Perth, 97 Bangalore, 96 Berkeley and 2 Edmonton maps. I would suggest you activate Edmonton first. After you activating the map, fly all the Owls to destination and remember when is the time to speed up using Fuel Catalyst items everytime you send them fly. Now, basically we are gonna working with one Owl plane, let others Owl fly normally. I would call this lucky Owl, Hedwig. Speed up Hedwig several times until your fuel bar empty and then start using Fuels from your inventory. If you are lucky, you will get one or two complete collection easily. Now this is your choice, how many numbers you would think is enough for you. For me, after I get one complete collection, I prefer to start another map and repeat the speed up flight using Hedwig on that destination. This is obviously not the best practice, but for psychological reason usually I will want to get one or two complete collection of The Theory of Everything as early as possible, especially in my first space maps day.

Bear in mind that basically you have 6 hours full activated drop bonuses (Sky Captain, Dice, Spy Glass) along with Vintage Weathervane bonus. So, this is why I would suggest you have each one of all 5 maps first before planning the time, beside that psychological reason I mentioned earlier. The strategy is all yours though, whether to fly new map every one hour, or maybe activate new map after you get one complete collection of each destination, to get one QL as early as possible. Don't forget we also have other Owls that will arrived at some point and fly them back. So, yes it will be one m-easy day. If you starting to run out of Landing Lamp, start Turkish Coast flight using Hedwig. In my first experience I managed to get 3 QL at the end of the day, with plenty leftovers for collections. Second time doing this with the same resources and because of some leftovers, I managed to get 10 QL.

Another thing, if you have plenty of maps, after 6 hours bonuses run out, you might want to continue flying those maps or it will be better if you have spare bonuses. Based on my experience, with only Sky Captain and Spy Glass bonus, the drop rate is not that bad actually. The choice is yours.

Now that you have QLs, you can use it for another QL party to get plenty of Fuel to repeat this space maps flight.

Cheers,

Blitz7

Last edited:

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
Interesting post, not how I go about it though. Everyone has their own opinions obviously and it is not for me to say that this is a bad method. Your method seems quite time consuming, and on the face of it isn’t the best use of resources.

This is my method - correct for new bonuses attributes.
Following what @exwhy said
This is easiest to do with the maps gained from the Green Launches, as the flights use Owls.
There are 5 destinations, so 5 maps that are required.
The way that I earn them is as follows;
Fly Owl planes to earn 100/100 landing lamps.
Each flight while the map is active requires 17 fuel to fly, and 34 fuel for an instant return. 51 fuel in total for a single flight. You have 100 flights, so to complete 100 flights in the 3 hours the map is active will require 5,100 fuel. This is the same as 255 F20 barrels, or 102 F50 barrels. F20 can be gifted from your neighbours, but this will go straight into your fuel bar so choose when to accept it wisely.
Once you have enough fuel and resources, activate one map, and fly until you deplete your landing lamp supply. I would expect to get 4-6 collections per 100 flights, 6-8 collections if you use a Golden Dice bonus. (Note that the first time you fly this will likely be less, as you have 0 items collected for each collection, whereas I only need a single item to complete a collection).
Repeat this process for each of the 5 maps, and you will have 4-10 QL bonuses.
This sounds really painful to begin with, but once you have done this a few times and have a few collections already complete, it is a pretty painless way to gain QLs.

Blitz7

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
-
Username
Blitz7 F20
Interesting post, not how I go about it though. Everyone has their own opinions obviously and it is not for me to say that this is a bad method. Your method seems quite time consuming, and on the face of it isn’t the best use of resources.

This is my method - correct for new bonuses attributes.

Yes, in best practice it would be to activated all drop bonuses and fly one destination at a time. But that will require tons of bonuses and fuels (and maybe also days) to get the first QL. Really, really not recommended for beginners.

Time consuming in collect all preparation yes. But don't think so on the fastest way to get QLs in 6 hours time. I would bet my house for it.

Not sure what you mean by 'not using the best resources' as I suggesting using 9000 worth fuels, more than one owl, using vintage, faucet, fuel additives and catalyst bonus. It will be much more flights than your method.

The key is to speed up using fuels though. I agree.

Last edited:

VdW

600+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03j2z0gz (PM me when adding, or your request might get deleted)
Username
VdW
I just did my first space map run a week ago.

I asked for LL, F20 in my game name. And managed to fly 50 flights each to all 5 destinations. With only Sky Captain active, I got 1 QL.

But I only need 2 more drops from 1 destination to get 2 more QLs.

I used 1 Owl, sped up all of them. For now, I can’t manage the “sell and buy method” for my other aircrafts. They’re not cheap, haha.

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
For some perspective, this is where I’m at after 100 quick returns on 4 of the 5 flights.
D7DDBB0E-6D16-4766-BA85-548E4E862930.png
3D5D493C-21D8-4F42-B5FC-B0906B9C104C.png
133FE824-DDCA-4981-9040-2F3BF264088E.png

Very interesting. Did not know it would be this easy to get some QL.

I currently have Spyglass, Sky Captain, Dice, Golden Dice and Bowl of Rices in inventory. Would give a 500% increase in drop rate combined.
I was thinking of using those for a map run on the Mesoamerica adventure flights.

Would you think it is better to use those for QL-hunting or for Adventure flights?

My goal is to obtain as many gold tokens as I can quickly (without buying them of course).
So I could get them from the Adventure flights, or from red launches using a QL.

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*

I currently have Spyglass, Sky Captain, Dice, Golden Dice and Bowl of Rices in inventory. Would give a 500% increase in drop rate combined.
I was thinking of using those for a map run on the Mesoamerica adventure flights.

Would you think it is better to use those for QL-hunting or for Adventure flights?

My goal is to obtain as many gold tokens as I can quickly (without buying them of course).
So I could get them from the Adventure flights, or from red launches using a QL.
Personally I'd go adventure flights. You need a lot of resources to make using a QL worthwhile.
I know I only gain enough launch boxes to do launches daily - so you may as well continue this in slow time to boost token production.

My main goal for this year is gold token chasing.

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
I don't really go for destination rankings.
I was on for a 3rd place last week (no additional fuel used - just flying for alliance destination). Right at the end of the week someone came in cheating with 300 flights to a condor destination on the last day.
I've been cheated out of chests through weekly rankings too many times, so I don't spend additional fuel on it. Adventure destinations is a sure bet (accounting for the law of averages) in terms of token generation.

Blitz7

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
-
Username
Blitz7 F20

Would recommend doing QL hunting at least once or twice in your life, especially if you still have tons of launch preps and space fuels. Joining some QL party. Soon you will run out of preps and still have plenty of QLs some day. You might never need to go QL hunting again at this point.

Whereas doing Excavation maps is a long run thing to do. You could get 500 gold tokens and might feel it is still not enough.

VdW

600+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Username
VdW
I don't really go for destination rankings.
I was on for a 3rd place last week (no additional fuel used - just flying for alliance destination). Right at the end of the week someone came in cheating with 300 flights to a condor destination on the last day.
I've been cheated out of chests through weekly rankings too many times, so I don't spend additional fuel on it. Adventure destinations is a sure bet (accounting for the law of averages) in terms of token generation.

Yeah, too much cheaters out there. Ranking doesn't mean anything anymore. I'm surprised that it's very hard for GI to ban cheaters.

Back to topic of QL:
But, having QL and running QL once in a while is good to replenish fuel too. Then use the fuel for adventure map run. Repeat, repeat, repeat.

Hey guys,
Thanks for the tips on Space Map Flights and obtaining QL

I was wondering; is there a more economical way to run Space Map Flights?
The reason I am asking is that usually getting the Space Maps is not such an issue; the difficult part is in arranging the amount of fuel you need for running these flights

I therefore had the following idea and was wondering if any of you have tried it;
- Activate Bottomless Barrel. Wait until fuel is at maximum
- During Events; activate Spyglass and Fuel Additive (buy them from the Event store with Event 'cash')
- Stock up F20 gifts from neighbors and ofcourse have enough LL
Fly an Owl for 10 mins (restoring 20 fuel) and repeat repeat repeat
You would be able to get around 17 flights per map and spend the bare minimum on fuel. Probably spending only gifted F20

I would estimate with 17 flights you would be able to complete 1 or 2 collections if lucky? So then you need 2 Space Maps per 3 collections/1 building
The only unknown for me is; how is the drop rate with only Spyglass..

Wondering what you guys think?

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
Hey guys,

The reason I am asking is that usually getting the Space Maps is not such an issue; the difficult part is in arranging the amount of fuel you need for running these flights

I therefore had the following idea and was wondering if any of you have tried it;
- During Events; activate Spyglass and Fuel Additive (buy them from the Event store with Event 'cash')
You would be able to get around 17 flights per map and spend the bare minimum on fuel. Probably spending only gifted F20

I would estimate with 17 flights you would be able to complete 1 or 2 collections if lucky? So then you need 2 Space Maps per 3 collections/1 building

You’ll get a far better drop rate if you team up bonuses. I generally use spyglass, sky captain and dice (normal, not golden).
If you can manage 100 flights to a single map I’d expect 20-30 collections with all of those bonuses. I’m guessing you are low level though and probably don’t have many, if any sky captains?
As you complete certain collections you will eventually get loads of these. Personally I try to just save the fuel gifts, you need 5,100 to do 100 flights but your method will work too. It’s just slower.

VdW

600+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Username
VdW
@Barkmi4 (Mike) I don’t know about 20-30 collections for 100 flights.

First time I ran the Space Map destinations, I ran 50 flights to each with SC, SG, Dice and got 1-3 collections complete for each destinations, means 1 QL (this was my first time ever run).

Second time was just few days ago, again with SC, SG, Dice. I ran another 50 flights each to 2 destinations. And I got 4-5 extra completed collections for those 2 destinations. I’m assuming it’ll be more or less the same with the other 3. That means I’ll get another 4-5 completed QL.

Either my luck was just bad or I’m doing something wrong 😅

VdW

600+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Username
VdW
Hey guys,

For thoughts: 1 week before my planned “space map run”, I changed my game-name to VdW- LL, F20. Before that I made sure I have 100 LLs in my warehouse.

That way, I don’t need to fly to Turkish Coast to get the LL. And I can focus all my fuel to the Space Map destinations.

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
@Barkmi4 (Mike) I don’t know about 20-30 collections for 100 flights.

First time I ran the Space Map destinations, I ran 50 flights to each with SC, SG, Dice and got 1-3 collections complete for each destinations, means 1 QL (this was my first time ever run).

Second time was just few days ago, again with SC, SG, Dice. I ran another 50 flights each to 2 destinations. And I got 4-5 extra completed collections for those 2 destinations. I’m assuming it’ll be more or less the same with the other 3. That means I’ll get another 4-5 completed QL.

Either my luck was just bad or I’m doing something wrong 😅
The last time I ran Bangalore I got 21 collections from around 85-95 flights.
Yesterday I did 32 flights to Berkeley and got 8 more collections. x3 is nearly 100, and 24 collections.
I only ever run 1 map at a time.
Maybe 15-25 would be more fair. But either way, you can get a lot.

Top Bottom