Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

How to do Space Launches (with pictures)

For space launches, there are 4 important buildings. 3 Launch Pads (green, blue, red) and Mission Control Centre (MCC).
20200423_091348000_iOS.png

If you go to the Space Flights section, it will show you what items you need to start the launch. Click each item if you want to know how to get it. More details can always be found on the wiki page (https://www.airportcitygame.com/wiki/space_flights/).
1643308618595.png

To start your Space Launch programme, you can either click Fly! from the above picture. Or go directly to your Launch Pad. Choose which launch you want to do by choosing the subsequent Launch Pad. You can only do 1 launch every time. The example here is the Green Launch (Apogee Mission). Click the Green Pad, and you'll get this:
20200423_092116000_iOS.png

If you have all items needed to start the launch, you can click complete. It will bring you to this page:
Screenshot 2020-04-23 12.03.24.png

Then you have 2 choices. Either you join your neighbor's launch or you start your own launch.

When you join your neighbor's launch, please remember this unwritten rules within forum members (the 576 rules). When the launch starter put 576 points immediately (1 item each), he/she wants to take captain (1st place). You can join but do not overtake his/her position. When you overtake the captain's position, there is a chance you'll get kicked out of the launch because of attempted hijacking. Please don't do this. Except in a really special case (for example, only 30 mins left to launch, but the captain didn't put enough points).

When you join a launch or start a launch yourself, you'll see this window:
20200423_093159000_iOS.jpg

Now you have 24 hours (or whatever time remaining when you join a neighbor's launch) to get all the points for a successful launch. The items you can put in can be obtained for example from Launch Ready set. As you can see, the items needed to add points are:
Liquid Fuel, Small Fuel Tank, Additional Stabilizer, Explosive Bolt, Solid Fuel, Large Fuel Tank, Main Stabilizer, and Powerful Explosive Bolt (PEB).
Each of the fuel items has their own re-use time (for example, you can only put Solid Fuel every 2 hours). Details about each re-use time can be read in the wiki page.

If you start your own launch, you can also tick the "Private Launch" box if you do not want anyone else to join your launch.

When you reach the points needed, you'll have a successful launch. You'll see this window:
20200424_110500000_iOS.jpg

And then sit back and enjoy the view of your spaceship launching:
20200423_094736000_iOS.png

Congratulations! You complete a spaceship launch. Now you can wait 24H (can be quicker if Quantum Leap bonus is active) until your spaceship return with the rewards. More details about the rewards can again be found in the wiki.

When you see on the right panel that the 24H timer is done (Ready!), you can click it to complete and it will show you to collect your reward by clicking a rocket lander icon somewhere in your city (for the Lunar Mission, you need at least Runway level 5 to make sure your Lunar Lander can land when the mission is done).
20200424_110506000_iOS.png

Now you're ready to do another Space Mission. Enjoy.

EXTRA:
Formula to avoid "hijacking" is half of the launch points + half PEB points (180):
- Green Launch (Apogee Mission): 980 pts
- Blue Launch (Prometheus Mission): 1180 pts
- Red Launch (Lunar Mission): 1680 pts

Attachments

• 20200423_092109000_iOS.png
    20200423_092109000_iOS.png
    798.3 KB · Views: 1,871
Last edited:
Another change, that I’ve discovered recently, is what happens after a failed launch. I’ve allowed a few supports to do it recently and even if the launch fails, you are still stuck in the waiting area of that coloured launch. What needs to be confirmed is whether the fuel is lost (I believe that it is) and if the launch prep items are lost (based on the fact that you’re still stuck in the waiting area, this may now mean the prep is not lost?).

Cosmic Blue

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
yarcb (windows pc)
Question about QL bonus - If I join anyone's launch who is running QL, will that benefit me too?
Or do I have to run QL myself too?

If you join someone else launch with a QL, you will get the benefit from it by having a shorter flight time.

you do not have to run a ql if you are joining someone else QL launch.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20af7g44j
Username
Kobra
So basically, if I want friends to join my launches then, the only way is for them to check for launches in order to find out? I cannot notify them of the launch?

VdW

600+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03j2z0gz (PM me when adding, or your request might get deleted)
Username
VdW
So basically, if I want friends to join my launches then, the only way is for them to check for launches in order to find out? I cannot notify them of the launch?

Yes this is correct. Except, of course, if you can communicate with your neighbors. Then you can inform them if you have launch open and vice versa.

Top Bottom