Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Windows Drop rate for construction items?

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Phyllo Game Over
I'm new to the game and underestimated the need of flights to get the items needed for an upgrade of buildings or the construction of buildings.
Can someone say what "very rare" means in terms of flights needed to get an item?
I'm still trying to get all I need for my flying school and now just need one more helmet but it took me roughly 50 flights to Malta to get the other 7 items and dozens of flights to Goa to get the needed radio. I think this is a bit too tough or does it get better with other items later in the game? Currently, I'm pretty stuck and can only save money until I'll get an opportunity to spend some again...

Wasted Eagle

1200+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. None of the above
I'm new to the game and underestimated the need of flights to get the items needed for an upgrade of buildings or the construction of buildings.
Can someone say what "very rare" means in terms of flights needed to get an item?
I'm still trying to get all I need for my flying school and now just need one more helmet but it took me roughly 50 flights to Malta to get the other 7 items and dozens of flights to Goa to get the needed radio. I think this is a bit too tough or does it get better with other items later in the game? Currently, I'm pretty stuck and can only save money until I'll get an opportunity to spend some again...
You can use a Spy Glass bonus to improve the drop rates. Or you can ask your forum neighbours for the building items. They're all giftable... (y)

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Phyllo Game Over
You can use a Spy Glass bonus to improve the drop rates. Or you can ask your forum neighbours for the building items. They're all giftable..

I did use the spy glass for six hours and I ask forum members as you can see in my signature but since gifting is limited to 19 per day, it will take a while since everybody needs something. ;)

Does anyone have an estimate of how many flights are needed without the spy glass to get a "very rare" item?

Fencat

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Fencat
Username
Fencat
Can't really give you an estimate but without bonuses don't expect to be anywhere close to finished with items when you 3 star the destination. It usually takes alot more flights then that so your numbers sounds normal I'm afraid :confused:

Cosmic Blue

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
yarcb (windows pc)
I did use the spy glass for six hours and I ask forum members as you can see in my signature but since gifting is limited to 19 per day, it will take a while since everybody needs something. ;)

Does anyone have an estimate of how many flights are needed without the spy glass to get a "very rare" item?

100 + flights for one or two planes.
Less if flying 3 or 4 planes to the same destination.

You can also watch a video advert to get the item on question but only for a few times per day. I've done this many times over the span of a few days to upgrade a building. Now I play on a android tablet so I have no idea if your platform will do the same
Windows players don't get the advantage of videos. :( Have to depend on our flights and our neighbors. (and occasionally Madlen will come through with a needed gift)

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Phyllo Game Over
Thanks for the estimate, that is quite a lot of flights indeed. Too bad we don't get videos on Windows. That works on numerous other games, maybe they'll find a way to implemnt it here as well.

If you have regular dice or are willing to spend the 3 greenies, they REALLY help drop rates for building items. But easier (and cheaper) to wait for someone to gift it to you.:D

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Phyllo Game Over
I try to save my greenies for slots in the repair shop and to buy land expansions, so I'll be patient and wait for drop rates and gifts. I just didn't think it would really take that many tries to get an item or I would have hunted for them sooner and not focus on the quests first.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Phyllo Game Over
Yep, I'll do it one thing at a time and I'm grateful for the help I got so far. It really helps since it can get frustrating sending planes away again and again and always getting them back with something else than the item hoped for. ;)

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
Please PM Neighbor and Gift Requests
Username
SDave, Derby, and Tatsu
Maybe you could change your signature and add "helmet" and the other upgrade items you need, also add it to your gamename like "phyllo helmet" so people will see it when they are sending you gifts. The absolute best way to get most upgrade items is through gift exchanges. (y)
I NEED:
FLIGHT ITEMS: fuel supply
  • Buildings: Flight Helmet, etc............

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Phyllo Game Over
Maybe you could change your signature and add "helmet" and the other upgrade items you need, also add it to your gamename like "phyllo helmet" so people will see it when they are sending you gifts. The absolute best way to get most upgrade items is through gift exchanges. (y)

I agree 100%. That is why I update my signature any time I receive an item, either through a gift or through a plane coming back home. So whatever may be in a post may be obsolete by now and it is in this case, it was just an example to get an idea of the drop rates.

Right now, I'm checking which items I'll need for the next stages and I'll add them to my signature then.

I added the fuel supply since I asked openly if someone would have a power source for me but flew to San Francisco as often as possible to eventually get it myself. Thanks to Jbfeldy, I could upgrade my repair base and could repair my two jets. Just now, my 5th hangar got completed and I bought my third jet. :)

Thanks to all who helped me so far, this really makes the game so much more fun.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
Please PM Neighbor and Gift Requests
Username
SDave, Derby, and Tatsu
I agree 100%. That is why I update my signature any time I receive an item, either through a gift or through a plane coming back home. So whatever may be in a post may be obsolete by now and it is in this case, it was just an example to get an idea of the drop rates.

Right now, I'm checking which items I'll need for the next stages and I'll add them to my signature then.

I added the fuel supply since I asked openly if someone would have a power source for me but flew to San Francisco as often as possible to eventually get it myself. Thanks to Jbfeldy, I could upgrade my repair base and could repair my two jets. Just now, my 5th hangar got completed and I bought my third jet. :)

Thanks to all who helped me so far, this really makes the game so much more fun.
You can also add needed items after your name so it shows people what you want while they are sending you gifts...
Profile name.png

Top Bottom