Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Catering - Why am I always out?

Arggers

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
272ehvl7
Username
Arggers
Surely just send everyone in your neighbor list FC in the morning, and then watch as it comes flooding back to you during the day? That's what I do...

I'll be honest (and I accept this is possibly a little mercenary of me and others are more charitable)...

If you go round blindly sending people what *you* want, instead of respecting the request in their name, I don't think you can complain if you went to the bottom of the priority order of their reciprocal gifts - and probably miss out.

I manage stocks for this weeks flights, and keep the request in my game name up to date. Now, if 20 people have gone to the bother of checking and honouring that and 1 person sends me something random that they want and I don't have use for (either through stocks or game level) ... and I can send 20 gifts...guess who's not getting one back?

Like I said, I wholeheartedly accept this position could appear harsh, but gifts are finite, so I'll prioritise those who are helping me.

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
Surely just send everyone in your neighbor list FC in the morning, and then watch as it comes flooding back to you during the day? That's what I do...
I have to agree with others. If you sent me what you want you have 0 chance of a return. And if it kept happening I’d delete you as a neighbour - that’s kinda the whole point of the forum.
If you send me what’s in my game name, i‘ll return the favour.

I have 2000+ catering in my warehouse and if you decide to be that selfish thinking only your game is important and giving no consideration to the laws of quid pro quo then you gets NOTHING from me in return...

Not a good idea, if you do that then I would just not send anything back. It’s clear in my game name what I want as a gift. I have over 9000 FC and get around 100 gifts a day Which I can only return 20. Anyone who sends something like this goes to the bottom of the list

Agree with all the above comments. Give correctly and you might receive back. Send what you want, you’re deleted fast. Get a group of people who you send regularly to, but send what’s on THEIR name. You should receive what’s on YOUR name. If you have nothing in your game name well ..........

Opala

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03ge4wz5t please pm or tag
Username
Opala
Agree with all the above comments. Give correctly and you might receive back. Send what you want, you’re deleted fast. Get a group of people who you send regularly to, but send what’s on THEIR name. You should receive what’s on YOUR name. If you have nothing in your game name well ..........
That's exactly what I do. I don't delete anyone because they are the ones wasting their gifts not me, but I do remember the people that send me random gifts just for me to return it. Some times people I trade with are on vacation or having problem for a few days on the game so I send my extra gifts to those that are sending me exactly what I want but yes, if they don't have anything on their names and someone else has I'll probably give it to the other person because I don't want to guess wrong what they want or waste gifts.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
034oifguh
Username
Maxim Del Mar
I'll be honest (and I accept this is possibly a little mercenary of me and others are more charitable)...

If you go round blindly sending people what *you* want, instead of respecting the request in their name, I don't think you can complain if you went to the bottom of the priority order of their reciprocal gifts - and probably miss out.

I manage stocks for this weeks flights, and keep the request in my game name up to date. Now, if 20 people have gone to the bother of checking and honouring that and 1 person sends me something random that they want and I don't have use for (either through stocks or game level) ... and I can send 20 gifts...guess who's not getting one back?

Like I said, I wholeheartedly accept this position could appear harsh, but gifts are finite, so I'll prioritise those who are helping me.

I apologise, I honestly just assumed people served only their own interests in this game! I mean the items I need change from day-to-day, and I'm not gonna change my name every day just in the hope of landing a few gifts which I could receive via ads anyway! Besides, the gifts I send hoping for the same in return (ie flight catering, landing lamps, 20 fuel, strobe lights) aren't exactly useless things to have, as suddenly you may get an alliance mission needing 100 of that item. Apologies for ruffling a few feathers! Count yourself lucky you don't have me as a neighbor :p

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
034oifguh
Username
Maxim Del Mar
I have 2000+ catering in my warehouse and if you decide to be that selfish thinking only your game is important and giving no consideration to the laws of quid pro quo then you gets NOTHING from me in return...

I apologise, I honestly just assumed people served only their own interests in this game! I mean the items I need change from day-to-day, and I'm not gonna change my name every day just in the hope of landing a few gifts which I could receive via ads anyway! Besides, the gifts I send hoping for the same in return (ie flight catering, landing lamps, 20 fuel, strobe lights) aren't exactly useless things to have, as suddenly you may get an alliance mission needing 100 of that item. Apologies for ruffling a few feathers! Count yourself lucky you don't have me as a neighbor :p

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
034oifguh
Username
Maxim Del Mar
Not a good idea, if you do that then I would just not send anything back. It’s clear in my game name what I want as a gift. I have over 9000 FC and get around 100 gifts a day Which I can only return 20. Anyone who sends something like this goes to the bottom of the list

Also, I wouldn't call it selfish, because as well as sending people gifts of the thing I want, if other people have sent me random gifts earlier on of what they need, then I always send it back before selecting my own gifts to send other neighbors, so it works both ways. Not really selfish, just another strategy for getting the things you want (just like putting requests in your name is a strategy).

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
034oifguh
Username
Maxim Del Mar

Also, out of a list of 45 neighbors, I only have one neighbor who has a request in their name, so I wouldn't exactly call it a mainstream strategy which needs to be "respected". As I said on other replies, my neighbors also randomly send me the things they want and I send it straight back. We all have our own methods with this game, there is no right or wrong way!

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
@maximdelmar I’m guessing you are quite new to the game.
A lot of us have been around for a long time. For some perspective, you can have 500 neighbours as a maximum, and you can send 30 gifts as a maximum. You can only store 100 of each item in the warehouse now. If a player has more than that, the gift is wasted.
Gifts are a really important aspect of the game if you want to progress, and progress well.

Us guys on the forum put what we want in our game names, and change this several times a day sometimes. It’s a system that works for us. When you can only gift to such a limited number of your neighbours, as a player you want to make sure it is of the most benefit.
If you send me flight catering (for example), it’ll be a waste. I can’t use it, I can’t accept it to my warehouse.
If you want to add neighbours from here, people are letting you know how we do things. If you choose not to, that’s completely fine and up to you - but don’t be surprised if players here aren’t sending you gifts.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
034oifguh
Username
Maxim Del Mar
@maximdelmar I’m guessing you are quite new to the game.
A lot of us have been around for a long time. For some perspective, you can have 500 neighbours as a maximum, and you can send 30 gifts as a maximum. You can only store 100 of each item in the warehouse now. If a player has more than that, the gift is wasted.
Gifts are a really important aspect of the game if you want to progress, and progress well.

Us guys on the forum put what we want in our game names, and change this several times a day sometimes. It’s a system that works for us. When you can only gift to such a limited number of your neighbours, as a player you want to make sure it is of the most benefit.
If you send me flight catering (for example), it’ll be a waste. I can’t use it, I can’t accept it to my warehouse.
If you want to add neighbours from here, people are letting you know how we do things. If you choose not to, that’s completely fine and up to you - but don’t be surprised if players here aren’t sending you gifts.

Hi Mike, thanks for this. Yeah been here for about 10 months (Level 50) so I guess I'm fairly new compared to many of you. I'm sure I will value gifts more as I progress (if I progress). To be honest I'm not on this forum looking for neighbors (all my neighbors are kinda random haha), I'm just here for the fun of discussing various aspects of the game with others who play it (as I don't know anyone in person who plays it), so I'm not here for gifts really. It's interesting to find this out, I really wasn't expecting these responses to my initial post, so I guess that's been an eye-opener!

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
034oifguh
Username
Maxim Del Mar
I have to agree with others. If you sent me what you want you have 0 chance of a return. And if it kept happening I’d delete you as a neighbour - that’s kinda the whole point of the forum.
If you send me what’s in my game name, i‘ll return the favour.

See my other replies :) and be glad that we're not neighbors!

Top Bottom