Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Best method of using the QL

So, I've won my first Quantum Leap ever.

How should I use it efficiently?

Should I start my own launches? Join others? Both?
Keep it. There are enough people with them for this event. Depends on your resources. 2.5 hr flight for just one ql, how many can you do in 24 hours? If noone joins you can you send 8 back to back launches?

Device
  1. Android
How are we supposed to do 10 launches in 7 days when each launch takes 24 hours to complete?

You can use QLs, which reduce flight time by 90%, or join other launches with friends who have them. Sometimes for an event like this, people will work together to send several in a row (QL Party).

I admit that the social aspect of the process intimidates me, so I have avoided it. But, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

exwhy

Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04hc6gi0
Username
exwhy-[items]
So, I've won my first Quantum Leap ever.

How should I use it efficiently?

Should I start my own launches? Join others? Both?

The most efficient way to use your QL is to launch with other QLs ;)
Only start your launches if you have reliable neighbours whom you can communicate with (forum/FB group). Else you may find your launch hijacked or undersupported.

Last edited:

exwhy

Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04hc6gi0
Username
exwhy-[items]
How do you get or earn a QL?

Thank you.

Complete 100 flights of green to get 1 QL. Same for blue and red. --> These are only once off. Simplest way to get them so do it.

Fly the maps obtained from the chest when you get first place in any launch. Complete the collections to get QL. --> Repeatable and most recommended way. (https://www.airportcitygame.com/thr...d-how-to-use-them-during-game-play-v7r.26573/)

Buy with $$$ or greenies (when on sale at airship). --> Repeatable and if you want to pay.

These will take some time so if you're looking at doing QL launches for the event right now, it's best to look/ask around the forum. There's one upcoming launch very kindly hosted by Crescent (https://www.airportcitygame.com/threads/green-launches-3-qls-closed.27841/) :)

Last edited:

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
How do you get or earn a QL?

Thank you.
Following what @exwhy said
This is easiest to do with the maps gained from the Green Launches, as the flights use Owls.
There are 5 destinations, so 5 maps that are required.
The way that I earn them is as follows;
Fly Owl planes to earn 100/100 landing lamps.
Each flight while the map is active requires 17 fuel to fly, and 34 fuel for an instant return. 51 fuel in total for a single flight. You have 100 flights, so to complete 100 flights in the 3 hours the map is active will require 5,100 fuel. This is the same as 255 F20 barrels, or 102 F50 barrels. F20 can be gifted from your neighbours, but this will go straight into your fuel bar so choose when to accept it wisely.
Once you have enough fuel and resources, activate one map, and fly until you deplete your landing lamp supply. I would expect to get 4-6 collections per 100 flights, 6-8 collections if you use a Golden Dice bonus. (Note that the first time you fly this will likely be less, as you have 0 items collected for each collection, whereas I only need a single item to complete a collection).
Repeat this process for each of the 5 maps, and you will have 4-10 QL bonuses.
This sounds really painful to begin with, but once you have done this a few times and have a few collections already complete, it is a pretty painless way to gain QLs.

kelvint23

500+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Kelvint23
Username
Kelvint23
This is easiest to do with the maps gained from the Green Launches, as the flights use Owls.
Each flight while the map is active requires 17 fuel to fly, and 34 fuel for an instant return. 51 fuel in total for a single flight. You have 100 flights, so to complete 100 flights in the 3 hours the map is active will require 5,100 fuel. This is the same as 255 F20 barrels, or 102 F50 barrels. F20 can be gifted from your neighbours, but this will go straight into your fuel bar so choose when to accept it wisely.
Once you have enough fuel and resources, activate one map, and fly until you deplete your landing lamp supply. I would expect to get 4-6 collections per 100 flights, 6-8 collections if you use a Golden Dice bonus. (Note that the first time you fly this will likely be less, as you have 0 items collected for each collection, whereas I only need a single item to complete a collection).
This sounds really painful to begin with, but once you have done this a few times and have a few collections already complete, it is a pretty painless way to gain QLs.

do you think it's worth to spend that much fuel?

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
do you think it's worth to spend that much fuel?
It depends on many, many things. Too list a few;
Neighbours, gifting, launch items available, launch fuel available, whether you plan to fly alone or with others, how many neighbours you have and how good they are with launching, level, why you want a QL in the first place.
For me, 5,100 fuel is around 4 or 5 days worth of incoming F20 gifts, which relatively speaking is quite cheap.
Personally I wouldn't spend fuel gained from launches to gain a QL bonus, to complete more launches, to gain another QL..... It is kinda self defeating and won't really help you progress.

I don't fly maps to gain a QL very often. I keep a few 'spare' in case there is a good party going on that I want to join, or an event like the one this week (which incidentally didn't require me to use a QL).
Whilst I am L80, I don't have the level of resources some players have, and I couldn't manage flying a QL every week, as I'd run out of fuel, items etc.

Latino_PR

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04jup4a6i
Username
Tropical Island
Good strategy.

Mike, do you know the name of one of the collections or maps - Just so I can start checking to see what I have in place?

Top Bottom