Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Airport City buildings in real life

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Nice @Brian D, I think we have a match. While it's not obvious from all angles, I think the wireframe shows it's a match

space_research_institute-png.62448
220px-Mercury_city_tower_AutoCAD.jpg

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
I’ve been scrolling thru several Portuguese churches and monasteries, none satisfies me completely.

about this one,

The strong vertical lines present in the abode aren’t there... instead, the horizontal lines are stronger..
The Alcobaça arch is gothic, rather than romanic (but again, the arch in the tranquil abode could be gothic also)
I think it is a real possibility.
however, the general aspect of the façade of the tranquil abode reminds strongly this one

perhaps should be classified as a “strong maybe”
@LX Air - Teresa and @Jenn B I remember that we thought Alcobaca Monastery wasn't a match for Tranquil Abode, but I wonder if they have changed the lines of the image a bit. Now I can't see why we didn't pick it. Maybe it's the detail in the tranquil abode image that convinced me

tranquil abode.png
alcobaca-monastery-jpg.52073

Mosteiro-de-Santa-Maria-de-Alcobaca.jpg

@LX Air - Teresa and @Jenn B I remember that we thought Alcobaca Monastery wasn't a match for Tranquil Abode, but I wonder if they have changed the lines of the image a bit. Now I can't see why we didn't pick it. Maybe it's the detail in the tranquil abode image that convinced me

View attachment 64378
alcobaca-monastery-jpg.52073
I thought it was a match before. But definitely a match now with the details! (y)

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Edited it would be pretty amazing if this were the inspiration since the genetic research institute has been in the game since 2013 and the design for the high rise tower wasn't announced until July 2020

OK, this is an odd one and looking for thoughts on this possible match for the genetic research institute.

genetic_research_institute_gray_160x160-png.34726
1650123091913.png

Last edited:

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Infinity skyscraper - not based on a real building, I think.

It matches a sketch from a presentation by Ivan Ilyich Leonidov called "City Today and Tomorrow. Trends and Prospects for the Development of Modern Architecture".

I think the building was called "Ministry of Heavy Industry"

infinity skyscraper.png
1650137387629.png

Infinity skyscraper - not based on a real building, I think.

It matches a sketch from a presentation by Ivan Ilyich Leonidov called "City Today and Tomorrow. Trends and Prospects for the Development of Modern Architecture".

I think the building was called "Ministry of Heavy Industry"
Apparently the 1934 Narkomtiazhprom (People's Commissariat of Heavy Industry) competition.

Modern rendition of towers plus info:

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Apparently the 1934 Narkomtiazhprom (People's Commissariat of Heavy Industry) competition.

Modern rendition of towers plus info:
Thanks, I've used the video to pinpoint the intended location and put it on the AC map

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Going back to the military academy, we have pondered west point but turned it down. Having looked so many other places, I can't find anything that even comes close to the architecture at West Point. But I don't think it's one building. I think it's an amalgamation of two and a few views. The front doors, monument out front, the eagle above the door - the windows on the side of the building match the side windows on the cadet chapel. The horse out front even looks like washington monument. Artistic liberties?

military academy.png
1650310139544.png
1650310722009.png

Going back to the military academy, we have pondered west point but turned it down. Having looked so many other places, I can't find anything that even comes close to the architecture at West Point. But I don't think it's one building. I think it's an amalgamation of two and a few views. The front doors, monument out front, the eagle above the door - the windows on the side of the building match the side windows on the cadet chapel. The horse out front even looks like washington monument. Artistic liberties?

View attachment 64798View attachment 64799View attachment 64800
Yes, we had talked about this. It probably is an amalgam of the buildings and the statue. I say yes, it is a match.

Top Bottom