Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Airport City buildings in real life

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
One other thing - given the Central Square was matched, I'm betting the building in the holiday train can also be matched (without the train part of course)

holiday train.png

I keep trying the college of music and keep coming back to this.

I haven't found anything with a similar shape anywhere.
- All the other clock towers I see are way too detailed (e.g. London Clock tower) or the clock is far from the top of the tower. Almost all are missing for the 4 side brick details around the clock.
- none of them have window placements anywhere similar.

The things that keep me coming back here
- the simplicity of the clock and peak along with the strong corners around the clock
- the three smaller windows in each peak with the wider set of 3 windows below
- the three curved windows below the clock which are brick detail in the real building
- the set of windows one layer down which have the smaller transom windows above the taller windows
- the protruding horizontal brick detail on the real building that match the alternate color on the AC building
- the arched doorway
- the funny shaped dormers on the side
- the roof line of the side wings being higher than the central part of the building.

I'm happy to let go of this if I saw anything remotely similar. @TeresaLisboa can you search Europe? I can't seem to get away from this school.

View attachment 55283
I think this is a match. The basement windows are also really close -- if you look from another angle, there is a sunken "hole" in front of them on the real building as well.

I got terribly excited thinking I had found a match for the design center. I hadn't seen a peak like this anywhere. Turns out it's a prison in Helsinki and beyond this peak. There is nothing similar :(

View attachment 55284View attachment 55285
I got excited when I saw the Pine Street Inn in Boston because it has the same architecture in the tower portion. Then I realized it is based on a tower in Italy, and that it is now a super common architectural detail. :confused:

Also now getting frustrated with House of Wax again because nearly every spa town in Bohemia has rectangular buildings with the same roof type. I even found a match to the greenish tiles on the roof, but other details don't match. Have started studying up on the architects, and have even been "reading" websites in Czech. Still no matches :rolleyes:

I tried to clear away a lot of the "christmas" to get a better look at the holiday train. I would bet this is based on a real building somewhere. Definitely not North America. What country would I find something like this in? Looks like tile roof

View attachment 55308
The roof design looks like a half-hip roof (aka jerkinhead..... aka a bunch of other names). Most popular in Germany and the Netherlands, which also happen to be places known for their Christmas markets. Happy hunting!

@Jenn B and @TeresaLisboa maybe something in Cambodia - Bokor Hill Station. I think this is the first I've seen where we are getting to the right level of decay - and I search "decay" instead of "abaondoned"

View attachment 55357
Yes, I had seen Bokor Hill when searching southeast Asia. It's just not a match. I really want that roofline. I am using websites for old postcards and old pictures to search for spa towns (wikipedia has a list). There are many decaying spa towns... I just need to find the right one I think.

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
@Jenn B I have found Sarcophagus exactly like the first statue but not situated like it is. I can't call it a match because it was lying down and there were several of them together.

But the Pharaoh statue ... I suspect there is something specific about it (the small person in front of the main statue and what he's holding in his arms) that is significant. But I haven't spent any brainwaves studying this stuff

@Jenn B I have found Sarcophagus exactly like the first statue but not situated like it is. I can't call it a match because it was lying down and there were several of them together.

But the Pharaoh statue ... I suspect there is something specific about it (the small person in front of the main statue and what he's holding in his arms) that is significant. But I haven't spent any brainwaves studying this stuff
That is a statue of Ramses II and his wife, Nefertari, at Luxor in Egypt.

1625833622225.png

Where did you find the sarcophagus?

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
I haven't found what I originally found yet, but I found

Coffin lid of Djeddjehutyiuefankh - https://www.voltcafe.com/blog/ashmolean-museum-new-galleries-of-ancient-egypt-nubia

Again - no expert here. Beard - no hands, is that a bird?

View attachment 55754View attachment 55755

The same type of bird appears on the coffin set of the singer of Amun-Re Henettawy

View attachment 55756

Not sure if that has anything to do with anything :D

Is it maybe peruvian?
Djeddjehutyiuefankh was also the closest I had seen because of the coloring, bird symbol, and false beard. I was trying to find how it is displayed in a museum.

The bird appears to be the Winged Sun (now Faravahar in Zoroastrianism). A symbol repeated many times on coffins.

Top Bottom