Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Age of Ash

UPDATE:
It has been approximately 3 hours since the eruption and I just now got my first Cold War drop of event without using any bonus'. It was my 5th flight to return after the eruption and came from Los Angeles.

Maybe a coincidence, or maybe drop rates are getting better already. :)

Please feel free to also provide updates to the group.

Update 2
I've now received two CW drops in the past 6 hrs without using a bonus. That's equal to the total number of drops I've had in past 5-6 days using multiple bonus'. Hopefully this means better drop rates are starting!

Last edited:

Gt city

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
044oubj6
Username
Gt city 5 | Gt city 3
Update 2
I've now received two CW drops in the past 6 hrs without using a bonus. That's equal to the total number of drops I've had in past 5-6 days using multiple bonus'. Hopefully this means better drop rates are starting!
I have 6 planes in the air, will post it later what will happen.

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
Today it takes me around 150 flights to get last 2 polyurethane. Done with this event. Hope that GI will not repair my game to the time prior the beginning of event (I made a screenshot of completed items as backup).

D

Deleted member 5399

OKAY WHO'S THE WISEGUY HERE OR I SHOULD SAY IN GI?
THIS IS UNFAIR.
I've completed everything yet it wont highlight the complete button. And when I clicked on the info button next to the timer, the pop-up says I cannot complete this event early.
Sheesh. I figured out a solution, lol dumped, (sold all my Giants, Tbirds, Etc). I bought a small green and twin turbo to head to Cyprus and Bali to pick up two remaining crests, to gain a Spyglass bonus, waiting all night 1st for larger planes to be repaired before selling them. Using the Spyglass and a Family Ticket bonus, I bought 12 regular Deltas, and flew to Lima with my population of city increased by 3 with the Family Ticket bonus; and believe me when I say I've exhausted all but maybe 3 planes worth of passengers. In total I don't think I repaired more than 10 planes with common items such as passenger seats, jet engines, landing gear, or tires.
And yet having finished all 3 collections, including the sidebar, I feel cheated. Please someone explain this one? Or should I submit pic to Ma
WHAT GIVES___________________.JPG
ry Heiden?

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
w3itnf6
Username
DAVID_TOAD
Think I am going to give up with this. Collected 9 chainsaws from my neighbours and another 12 as gifts, and received just 1 particulate filter from the trees - the flight bought back nothing. Yesterday from over 20 chainsaws I got no filters, as was the case the day before. I have received nothing from the cold war collection to date despite keeping my 7 aircraft flying continuously to the required destinations. Have managed to get one Volcanology building but despite visiting every 20 or so minutes, rarely get more than 1-2 jackhammers a day, and needless to say have just one mineral from the volcano.

No fun or enjoyment at all in this quest.

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
OKAY WHO'S THE WISEGUY HERE OR I SHOULD SAY IN GI?
THIS IS UNFAIR.
I've completed everything yet it wont highlight the complete button. And when I clicked on the info button next to the timer, the pop-up says I cannot complete this event early.
Sheesh. I figured out a solution, lol dumped, (sold all my Giants, Tbirds, Etc). I bought a small green and twin turbo to head to Cyprus and Bali to pick up two remaining crests, to gain a Spyglass bonus, waiting all night 1st for larger planes to be repaired before selling them. Using the Spyglass and a Family Ticket bonus, I bought 12 regular Deltas, and flew to Lima with my population of city increased by 3 with the Family Ticket bonus; and believe me when I say I've exhausted all but maybe 3 planes worth of passengers. In total I don't think I repaired more than 10 planes with common items such as passenger seats, jet engines, landing gear, or tires.
And yet having finished all 3 collections, including the sidebar, I feel cheated. Please someone explain this one? Or should I submit pic to MaView attachment 4421 ry Heiden?
It's perfectly normal, my assumption is that there will be either official update or the one like was yesterday - that update will bring some changes to volcano and will probably allow us to complete the event.

Device
  1. iPad
Username
Theo1977
I have sent 90 flights to Anchorage, Osaka and LA today. All returned and used fuel stock to accelerate them using Spyglass and SkyCaptain.

ZERO drops.

I give up. There's playing, there's challenging, and there's also a small thing called life :)

D

Deleted member 5399

Well just in case it is a glitch, I submitted ticket to GI.
I attached the screenshot lol twice as file and put pic inline/ in the body of the email.

I agree with Bali. Was there an explosion? My town just has a larger volcano and more ash on the ground, some of which seems to be infused with lava. I would have liked to have seen the event.

Also, totally after the fact, I wish one of the volcanoes to fly to was Mount St. Helens, as it erupted here in the Pacific Northwest when I was 5 years old. I have one item that's made from its ash, and the mountain still lets off steam from time to time. Oh well.
I totally agree with you! We were visiting my Aunt and had to pull over with all the other cars on the freeway to watch the cloud.

CharisseNicole

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
03q57kfpi
Username
CharisseNicole
Well, running a Spy Glass I visited all neighbors for the day and every single tree dropped a chainsaw. Back at my city, all but 5 trees that I cut down dropped a filter (75+ trees including gifted chainsaws).

Landed 40 flights to CW destinations (Bali, LA, Lima, Iceland, Seattle) and only got 1 drop for CW. *shrug* I guess that 1 is better than the last 2 weeks in which I have only dropped 2 items total, but still not the best drop rate.

Jgm85

1500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
af40w2p (old) 04HBT2AFX (current)
Username
jgm85
@KenDuckySmith it's not a bug it's the way it's been since the start so i'm guessing it's the new way of doing it. There is either something in the works for the 'story' or that's they way they are doing events now. Might be to help other players with continued ability to gift chainsaws as previously once completed they disappeared.

D

Deleted member 5399

@KenDuckySmith it's not a bug it's the way it's been since the start so i'm guessing it's the new way of doing it. There is either something in the works for the 'story' or that's they way they are doing events now. Might be to help other players with continued ability to gift chainsaws as previously once completed they disappeared.
@Jgm and others, look at my recent post under glitches and errors.
I heard back from GI as to why

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04m479so + almjced + aaa3pr1 + 0400ag7m
Username
vayka1 + noya12 + ayon1 + kaito1
Strange.......I've noticed on all my 4 games that, when i send chainsaws out to friends and visit them
later i've managed to get 3 SAWS max. without using a bonus. When i visited a non-gifted friend, the drop for
SAWS was ZERO. Has anybody noticed this????

Top Bottom