Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

A Guide on Excavation and Adventure Flights (with pictures)

If you're wondering how to do the Excavation Flights, Adventure Flights, or how to obtain Adventure Buildings, you've come to the right thread. Here, I will explain how to do those flights.

As an example, I'll show you how to do the lowest level Excavations flight available which is Excavations: Mesoamerica.

First of all, you need the Airship Dock building. It looks like this:
20200122_191830.jpg

Sky merchant Duke Croocker will come to your airport every Monday and Thursday. When he comes, his Airship Store will be available for you to access.
20200504_135906000_iOS.png

On his airship store, you can buy Excavations Map: Mesoamerica. Every time he comes, you can only buy 5 maps with coins for each excavations destinations. You can, of course, choose to buy them with Greenies if you want. (Note: sometimes, you can also get the Excavations Map by watching video ads)

When you have the "Excavations Map: Mesoamerica" item, you can use it 1 time to fly to that destination. It is similar to flight item, 1 item for 1 usage.
1654349379808.png

After you fly the Excavations: Mesoamerica destination, you'll have a chance for a Map Chest: Mesoamerica item drop. It is a seldom drop, so maybe a good idea to use bonus like Spy Glass, Sky Captain, Golden Dice, or Dice.

When you finally have the Map Chest: Mesoamerica, go to your warehouse to find it:
20200504_141135000_iOS.png

Now you can open the chest, it contains 1 random map to one of the Mesoamerica destinations (Tollan, Chichen Itza, Machu Picchu, Tenochtitlan, or Quetzalcoatl Temple):
20200504_141143000_iOS.png

All those destinations are called Adventure Destinations and you need to activate the map to be able to fly to those destinations. Here, when I open my Map Chest: Mesoamerica, I got a Map to Tollan. So, check your warehouse again to find it.
20200504_142358000_iOS.png

You can then click "use" to activate your map for 6 hours. By activating it, now you can fly to Tollan.
1654349505854.png

The item that drops from Tollan (Obsidian knife) is part of the Aztec Legacy collection. When you complete this collection, you'll get a Large Bronze Chest, 1600 coins, and 600 exp. When you complete 6 of these collections, then you'll get an Aztec Pyramid. This pyramid is an adventure building which produces 1 collectible item per day.
20200504_142528000_iOS.png

Now you need to fly to the other adventure destinations to get the Bird helmet (Chichen Itza), Bas-Relief of the Inca (Machu Picchu), Two-headed serpent (Tenochtitlan), and Quetzalcoatl (Quetzalcoatl Temple). These 5 items from the 5 Adventure Mesoamerica destinations are needed to complete the Aztec Legacy collection.

If you want to know more about the other Excavation and Adventure Destinations, you can always look at the wiki (here).

Now, you know how to do the Excavation and Adventure Flights. Happy flying :)

Attachments

• 20200504_140330000_iOS.png
    20200504_140330000_iOS.png
    867 KB · Views: 1,827
  • 20200504_142422000_iOS.png
    20200504_142422000_iOS.png
    807.7 KB · Views: 1,795
Last edited by a moderator:

dgibbs

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Username
dgibbs
Very detailed description, thanks for the work!

One addition I would suggest; you can also activate the initial map (the one which is suggested to buy from the Airship store) by watching ads
Don't know how many per day, but I am guessing someone else will know :)
You can unlock 10 maps a day this way. Key thing is that you can only unlock a map by watching an ad if you have zero of that map already, so a strategy (for Mesoamerica for example) is (1) watch video and unlock map (2) send Owl plan to Mesoamerica excavation (3) wait 5 minutes and watch another video to unlock a 2nd map (4) send another Owl plan to Mesoamerica excavation (5) repeat, repeat, repeat . . .

It seems that the map ads are part of the same 10 as the building upgrade item ads - so e.g. if you watch videos to get 5 items needed to upgrade a building, you can only watch 5 map videos in that 24 hours

You can unlock 10 maps a day this way. Key thing is that you can only unlock a map by watching an ad if you have zero of that map already, so a strategy (for Mesoamerica for example) is (1) watch video and unlock map (2) send Owl plan to Mesoamerica excavation (3) wait 5 minutes and watch another video to unlock a 2nd map (4) send another Owl plan to Mesoamerica excavation (5) repeat, repeat, repeat . . .

It seems that the map ads are part of the same 10 as the building upgrade item ads - so e.g. if you watch videos to get 5 items needed to upgrade a building, you can only watch 5 map videos in that 24 hours
There you go; someone knows :) thanks for the info dgibbs

LimSky

1200+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Username
Lim
Hello!

Very well-done description!

I use the way described by @dgibbs to get excavation maps and don't buy them any more - it is now waste of coins.
For being successful in getting maps it is essential to send as many planes as possible to the same destination, for instance all Owls you can get to Excavations: Mesoamerica in the way described above. Personally I do this overnight, starting the flights in the evening as the last on that day and complete all the flights at once in the morning. It rarely happens that I get nothing when proceeding this way. Most often I get 2-3 map boxes out of 7-8 planes, and that without any bonuses.
From my experience I can speak only of Mesoamerica and Ancient Rome. Maybe some people tried to fly higher level excavations and can share their results.

There is also a discussion about the topic at Airport City Discussion, here: https://www.airportcitygame.com/threads/map-run.29948/

Top Bottom