Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

A Brighter Tomorrow

I take my metaphorical hat off to you Ivan. You’ve been so kind and patient with us, most of whom inhabit the ‘grumpometer’ to a lesser or greater degree. We do so from a position of love for the addiction that is Airport City. I always enjoyed the voice of your posts here: sarcasm is a wonderful tool when well-judged, and you were mostly bang-on the mark.

I was also impressed that your posts were always supremely well written, in crystal clear English. Many of my compatriots, myself included, are far too lazy with our own language much of the time and it has been a source of joy to see it used well.

Sincere good wishes for the future.

Device
  1. iPad
Username
Theo1977
Hi everyone!

I hate to break it to you just before Christmas, but this week is my last week at Game Insight. Those were incredible 8 years working as a lead game designer of Airport City, but this journey has come to an end, as I want to move forward with some other goals in my life. It has been a great honor and pleasure bringing Airport City this far!

That said, I'm not the Airport City creator — the original Flash-based game was designed several months before I was hired — and Airport City has a new lead game designer now, too. We've been working together for the last couple of months to ensure this transition goes as smoothly as possible. Which is a way of saying Airport City is going to be fine, as our team had many different members across the years, and it always turned out all right.

7.0 update was a tremendous success that brought many new players, and I believe this has been the best year for Airport City overall since its release on Android and iOS in 2012. Just a few days ago we've hit a milestone of 80 million installs on all platforms! The best thing is this is just the beginning: after doing a few tech-focused updates this winter Airport City team is going to deliver major new features in 2020 that will hopefully make the game even better.

@Ur-quan will be in touch on the forum for any relevant questions, and he'll do the previews of upcoming updates as well. As always, please don't hesitate to contact our support team that works 24/7 for any pressing issues or leave a comment on the Airport City official Facebook page. As for me, I might visit the forum as a casual reader once in a while, but that's a 'Former Airport City Developer' badge now (I'm not going to answer any questions in 2020).

Whether you've just started playing Airport City or have been exploring it for years, I wish you good drop rates, big cities, and a busy flight schedule!

Cheers,
Ivan.

View attachment 23758
All the best Ivan!

Hi everyone!

I hate to break it to you just before Christmas, but this week is my last week at Game Insight. Those were incredible 8 years working as a lead game designer of Airport City, but this journey has come to an end, as I want to move forward with some other goals in my life. It has been a great honor and pleasure bringing Airport City this far!

That said, I'm not the Airport City creator — the original Flash-based game was designed several months before I was hired — and Airport City has a new lead game designer now, too. We've been working together for the last couple of months to ensure this transition goes as smoothly as possible. Which is a way of saying Airport City is going to be fine, as our team had many different members across the years, and it always turned out all right.

7.0 update was a tremendous success that brought many new players, and I believe this has been the best year for Airport City overall since its release on Android and iOS in 2012. Just a few days ago we've hit a milestone of 80 million installs on all platforms! The best thing is this is just the beginning: after doing a few tech-focused updates this winter Airport City team is going to deliver major new features in 2020 that will hopefully make the game even better.

@Ur-quan will be in touch on the forum for any relevant questions, and he'll do the previews of upcoming updates as well. As always, please don't hesitate to contact our support team that works 24/7 for any pressing issues or leave a comment on the Airport City official Facebook page. As for me, I might visit the forum as a casual reader once in a while, but that's a 'Former Airport City Developer' badge now (I'm not going to answer any questions in 2020).

Whether you've just started playing Airport City or have been exploring it for years, I wish you good drop rates, big cities, and a busy flight schedule!

Cheers,
Ivan.

View attachment 23758
Good luck in the future, Ivan. I am a software developer and I know what appears in the picture below is accurate! You’ve done good work here.

E4F710E9-8A5A-4AC6-9325-C7E52BC3E55D.jpeg

Device
  1. Android
Hi everyone!

Cheers,
Ivan.

View attachment 23758

Thank you for a game that helped me in some tough times, for interacting with forum frankly but compassionately, and for your wit in the face of full-scale attack.

My wish for you is that you are not flying into the sunset, but instead the sunrise.
Good luck reaching your future horizons.

Incase anyone thinks i'm going mad, the reason I have replied is because Ivan has been online and liked my post.
For those of you new to the game or forum, Ivan was one of the lead developers of the game. He was active on the forum posting updates and answering questions.
He put up with a lot of stick, yet kept coming back with his great sense of humour.

Sadly as you can see from his first post in this thread, he left the game and whoever replaced him lost many points by not coming and joining us here. This game is so much better when developers work together with the players outside of 'official channels'.

I'd like to think many people have kept playing as they have found the help they have required to progress their game on this forum. We are a great community and very welcoming of new players. Probably why it was so nice of Ivan to be a valued member here with his updates.

@Ur-quan , We really appreciate your updates for each new event here and your presence on the forum. However are you able to mention to the new lead developer of our exiestence and how he/she would be appreciated here for their input and knowledge?

This isn't a begging post, the forum will go on regardless. However it's more fun when we all work together :D

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
Hi @Dave and everyone who followed this thread!
I suggest to move it to the Off Topic Chat right away so nobody will mistake it for an Airport City related piece of news!

I took an extended break, but it's over, as I've moved to the United States and joined Motorsport Games a few weeks ago as a director of mobile gaming products (that's the longest job title I've had in my life so far; it feels good, too). Obviously it's both a great responsibility and a chance to have some fun with new releases. I'll let you know how that worked out for our team in the Alternative Games section sometime next year. ;)

Take care, and long live Airport City!

Last edited:
I suggest to move it to the Off Topic Chat right away so nobody will mistake it for an Airport City related piece of news!

I took an extended break, but it's over, as I've moved to the United States and joined Motorsport Games a few weeks ago as a director of mobile gaming products (that's the longest job title I've had in my life so far; it feels good, too). Obviously it's both a great responsibility and a chance to have some fun with new releases. I'll let you know how that worked out for our team in the Alternative Games section sometime next year. ;)

Congrats! Welcome to the United States!

Device
  1. iPad
Username
Theo1977

Congrats!!! Best wishes to this new road!

Top Bottom