Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

7.0 Update Preview

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I will surprise you, this game has not bored me.
For the last year, I was collecting items for flights, so Limit100 will not become a problem for me. For example, I've got 10K VR. Now I'm collecting earplugs.

I'm just angry because the game becomes unfair.
Limit100 is unfair from the beginning.
The lack of a CBM sales offer is also unfair.
Funny enough, the lack of CBM Ive come to terms with, because Im not trying to rapidly grow my city much more than its current size. I can make due with my current city and just make it more efficient over time to match my gaming.
The 100 item limit I am in full agreemwnt with, however. Just not sure what the huge gain is for slowing up the game.
I just dont see any point in going past lv 80 unless the unlocked feature would be different than what has already been done. Going up to lv 90 or 100 would just mean racking up millions of experience just for more flights. To me, it would only be a matter of time before everyone does that and gets bored again....begging for more levels. I think the customization will always keep things fresh and interesting, and everyone would have their own unique fleet to fly based on their style. It would require quite a bit of work to implement, but I think that would keep it interesting. Just my opinion though

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Well, I'm not sure anyone needs my personal opinion on the matter, but since you've asked. The inventory limit should've been in place since day one of the game, like it is in most freemium city-building games. It should be per item type, as it is now (most games have a limit on total amount of all items, and it's quite low without paying huge amounts of money), because the game's idea and economy are about taking many flights to many destinations. Should it be 100? It's an all right number, it serves its purpose of forcing players to think strategically instead of simply hoarding fuel from free gifts — if there's 1000 per item type limit, there's effectively no limit, it's pointless to have this limit. That inventory limit should be upgradeable through in-game means, preferably through some kind of Depot building. That's how I'd done it if that was up to just me.
I appreciate you sharing, and interesting enough, that's a pretty good idea with the depot building. Have you brought up that idea of the depot building to those implementing a limit? I think all forum members would agree that it would be a good compromise, even if you have to pay greenies or gold tokens for it.

But about the "stocking up fuel" for maps, don't you think that there is actually strategy involved with current map flights? Remember, even with a limitless inventory, we still have a limit on passengers. People have to ration out their passenger use and use bonuses to either boost pax production or reset pax availability, while using another bonus to help improve drop rates. I highly doubt any map flyer just opens a map and just flies without any form of strategy. While implementing the limit would certainly make things more difficult, map flying was already one that required great strategy and planning, even with a limitless inventory. Not criticizing...just throwing thoughts out there.

D

Deleted member 9675

I neither have nor visit my neighbours Planetariums Yet I manage to do red launches no problem.
Having lived with and being used to the 100 limit from day one I feel all the veteran players are just issuing idle threats about quitting. They will get used to it as I doubt they could go one single day without their Airport City fix.
The new update looks and sounds amazing, I can't wait to play it.
Perhaps someone should reveal your in-game name so us 'veteran players' can remove you from our neighbor lists

Device
  1. Windows Mobile
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
23f9bjy9
Username
jaume
How many stars did you get?
100? 150?
You are an infant.
I'm not saying anything about having everything in one hour.
When you grow up you will understand that we are talking about.
But it will be too late.

I have 446 stars in about 18 months and possibly tomorrow I will reach level 80.

I understand the complaints of veteran players since I also had an airport of maximum level, without items limit, with CBM, 5 planetary, 6 buildings of each type of excavations, support games, owned an alliance, etc.
But I was upset because support couldn't recover my alliance and other technical recurring problems. So when the limit was announced, knowing that my game was restored often due to the problems and the limit would be applied to my account, I decided to stop playing and erase main and support games. I decided to live.

Many months later, being bored at work at night time, I reinstalled the game on a different operating system, hoping to repeat technical problems and thinking the limit will be a problem. Fortunately I haven't experienced any technical problems and the limit has made me play in a more balanced way between normal flights and excavations and to plan each movement wisely. I have finished all the events since I had 4 hangars and 4 turboprops.

Despite the limit, it's still a easy game. And the money you "inverted" by expanding factories will continue to be useful to you. Less useful than now, but useful anyway.

It's just a game. Play it, but don't live it.

Funny enough, the lack of CBM Ive come to terms with, because Im not trying to rapidly grow my city much more than its current size. I can make due with my current city and just make it more efficient over time to match my gaming.
The 100 item limit I am in full agreemwnt with, however. Just not sure what the huge gain is for slowing up the game.
I just dont see any point in going past lv 80 unless the unlocked feature would be different than what has already been done. Going up to lv 90 or 100 would just mean racking up millions of experience just for more flights. To me, it would only be a matter of time before everyone does that and gets bored again....begging for more levels. I think the customization will always keep things fresh and interesting, and everyone would have their own unique fleet to fly based on their style. It would require quite a bit of work to implement, but I think that would keep it interesting. Just my opinion though
Going beyond lvl 80 won't keep the hard core vets interested very long. with massive stockpiles of Jar of Diogenes, Lucky Caps and uncollected collections, most would power through 10 new levels in a week or so. A few years ago, the Max was lvl 70 and, from memory, there were updates to 75 and then 80 not too far apart. they cashed in their collections and used the bonuses to level up in days.

Going beyond lvl 80 won't keep the hard core vets interested very long. with massive stockpiles of Jar of Diogenes, Lucky Caps and uncollected collections, most would power through 10 new levels in a week or so. A few years ago, the Max was lvl 70 and, from memory, there were updates to 75 and then 80 not too far apart. they cashed in their collections and used the bonuses to level up in days.
I think that was more or less by the time I started playing my first AC. Top level was 60 I guess.at least all my higher level neighbors at the time were at 60.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I wasn't even considering that, but you're right. I get mad when I get a lucky cap nowadays, and could easily see the vets achieving higher levels in a matter of days with their stockpiled bonuses. Thats why if we go beyond 80, it needs to be something different....not just "more destinations, more stars, and millions of experience"

amir77a

1000+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Username
A77 items
Please improve significantly the game progress.
For example, at current (level 63) I earn 30-35k coins per day. I want to purchase small oil refinery. It costs 2,000,000 coins. Which means I need to wait more than 2 months in order to achieve that.

It's not fun to wait that much.

That causes frustration. Not fun.

Please improve that.

Well, if any of the newer players are okay with inventory limit (or maybe even welcome the same game rules for eveyone), they'll certainly not be posting their opinion here, because anyone who does immediately gets trashed by the members of the 'friendly community' and is considered a traitor at best.

And every time someone threatens to quit the game, a part of me dies... Well, not really. Look at the posts on this forum 6 or 7 years ago, they're maybe five people still around from those times, @Dave included. Game changes, people change, people get bored with games, thousands join and quit on the daily basis (and some players come back years later if the game is still around), it's not the end of the world for any party involved. There's really no need to be so dramatic about it, but that's just my opinion.

Beta is going to be a standalone application for those who want try out new things and provide us with their opinions about what they like and what they don't, what could be improved. No profile transfer from the main game to the beta, or vice versa; no interaction between beta and main game of any kind.

Thanks Free2Play
Unpopular to some, but I agree with your post and the majority in this thread. I have seen many members come and go over the years. In fact, I was one of them. I took a long hiatus from the game and eventually came back and loved it all over again.

I know the 100 limit isn't popular. I think we can all think of decisions made by our bosses that will be unpopular, yet are left to face the flack and not them. I'm going to be honest, i've come to turn with the 100 limit and must give you absolute credit for the two year warning you gave us veterans. Also, gotta love your dry tone in some of your replies. Some may not get it, but does make me chuckle!

As in a later post, I can easily see this being extended via some kind of building.

Thanks again

Dave

Edit - Some may see it as brown nosing, but I think we are extremely lucky that Ivan comes here and gives us the heads up on things. By all means grill him about them, he seems to like it! However as said bu Ivan in a later post, imagine just having the limit opposed on us without warning back on 2017.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04gdf349
Username
ArGi1981
For example, at current (level 63) I earn 30-35k coins per day. I want to purchase small oil refinery. It costs 2,000,000 coins. Which means I need to wait more than 2 months in order to achieve that.

Please improve that.
Small oil refinery is only 50k to the last of my knowledge. Lvl2 is 200k, and only lvl3 is 2M but for a lvl63-player there are so much more interesting buildings to acquire than a lvl3 oil refinery ;) If one objective is too difficult, go for a better alternative (y)

Edit - Some may see it as brown nosing, but I think we are extremely lucky that Ivan comes here and gives us the heads up on things. By all means grill him about them, he seems to like it! However as said bu Ivan in a later post, imagine just having the limit opposed on us without warning back on 2017.
I had it, it appeared suddenly and stayed for some days (a few? A week? Can’t remember) due to what I think was a glitch, back to 2017 when it first was applied. But I clearly remember how mad I was by that sudden change. Though already registered here, it didn’t occur to me visiting the forum by then. I guess I even stopped playing for some days. But it disappeared, as mysteriously as its appearance.
So, yes, I guess we are lucky to have time to realign our expectations

Please improve that.
Small oil refinery is only 50k to the last of my knowledge. Lvl2 is 200k, and only lvl3 is 2M but for a lvl63-player there are so much more interesting buildings to acquire than a lvl3 oil refinery ;) If one objective is too difficult, go for a better alternative (y)
Quite agree with @ArGi1981
Besides,
1. Two months isn’t that long, AC time
2. Other buildings or expansions are much more expensive than that (eg CT11, terminal11)
Be patient and keep collecting coins.

I had it, it appeared suddenly and stayed for some days (a few? A week? Can’t remember) due to what I think was a glitch, back to 2017 when it first was applied. But I clearly remember how mad I was by that sudden change. Though already registered here, it didn’t occur to me visiting the forum by then. I guess I even stopped playing for some days. But it disappeared, as mysteriously as its appearance.
So, yes, I guess we are lucky to have time to realign our expectations

I made my views expressly known on here about the 100 limit back then, however have had 2 years to come to face that will will be here soon!

AJ

1200+ Star Club
Immortals
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04XT0XC2X
Username
AJ
Free2Play Since you are giving example of market games Implementing limit in the game, Here's another side, They also give option to upgrade that storage(See PI2 of GI), Where's that option? You guys had 2 year's to develop that option but you guys didn't, Where's market examples now? Instead you were busy giving cosmetic makeover to the game majority of time, Yes a lot of good upgrade has come to the game over this time, but can't a building be developed in 2 year's to let every player upgrade his limit with hard work? I mean you guys were so desperate to make an additional building that you removed current feature of single tap to load planes and require a building to do that in 7.0, What's the necessity for that?
Why are you guys always late? You find VW wrong after 6 year's, You get to know that game should have a limit after so many year's, Golden dice is too good after 5 year's.
It took you guys more than a year to fix red launch fuel bug after you were made aware of it.
I don't know how many year's have passed, not even a draft idea of Mars is out.
Alliance is without chat till today when every game with Alliances feature has it, Alliances are like Airport city game without this forum, Don't you think Alliance chat was more important than these new cosmetic makeovers?
We need more important things in the game rather than these, Don't launch features which are not completed, There should be option to increase limit as you progress in the game, Please request that legend max or whoever it is to think atleast about player's who have given thousands of hour's and $$ ofc.
Sorry for ranting, but it's not aimed at you alone, it's for whole team because they deserve credit for everything whether good or bad.

D

Deleted member 9675

What I want to know is where does fairness lie in this game?
You want to impose limits on things, yet in fairness, these limits do not seem to apply to everyone!
I feel bad having reported some for cheating with their 24 emerald buildings, mirror houses, or rocket gardens, only to find out it was okay for those in some countries but not others, to build and have.

So do you plan to remove anyone's properties if they have more than 6 in the new and not so improved V7?

Top Bottom