Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

7.0 Update Preview

DarekK

1600+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Username
aDarekK
Well, if any of the newer players are okay with inventory limit (or maybe even welcome the same game rules for eveyone), they'll certainly not be posting their opinion here, because anyone who does immediately gets trashed by the members of the 'friendly community' and is considered a traitor at best.

And every time someone threatens to quit the game, a part of me dies... Well, not really. Look at the posts on this forum 6 or 7 years ago, they're maybe five people still around from those times, @Dave included. Game changes, people change, people get bored with games, thousands join and quit on the daily basis (and some players come back years later if the game is still around), it's not the end of the world for any party involved. There's really no need to be so dramatic about it, but that's just my opinion.

Ivan, you are absolutely right.
Either the veterans will adapt to the new rules or die like Dinosaurs.
New players will not know that it was better before, and you are happy with that.

You have the right to change the rules of the game, but it would be nice if you would listen to good advice from the forum.

1000 flights in one destination with Limit100 will be practically unworkable for any player.

I should be glad that along with version 7.0 I can be sure that no one will catch up with me in the number of destinations flown with 3 stars.

Unfortunately, I am not happy, because I know that this game will be for players impossible to pass - never! never! never!

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
Respectfully, if the goal is a fair, balanced game with the same rules for everyone, please explain how this is possible when all players don’t have access to CBMs or the ability to build more than 6 of any building.

Easy.

CBM were special offers provided for a limited time 'as is' at the time of purchase. There're many other special offers in the game that were provided through the years with no promises or liability on our part to repeat them, and demanding to have them is certainly an option if you're player, but not a responsibility for us. Players can very well demand to have a 300% Airport City cash sale every day, or change it to 500% altogether, and hate us if it doesn't happen, but that's not a decision that players make for the developer.

6 of any building type was a game balance rule change that's now in place for many years intended to force players to come up with creative ways of expanding the city instead of just building one most profitable they look up on the Internet, like Bowling or whatever. There're few players that still play with more buildings than that because they've built them before the rules were in place.

Older players had two years of no inventory limit to adapt their strategy to the new rules, while in general the warning of rule changes are given by online game developers maybe a week or two in advance before they're enforced. The more I think of it, the more I regret I've tried to postpone this change for so long to respect the commitment of old time players, we should've just enforced this rule in summer 2017, and be done with it as everyone on the market does those kind of things.

Cheers!

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
Ivan, you are absolutely right.
Either the veterans will adapt to the new rules or die like Dinosaurs.
New players will not know that it was better before, and you are happy with that.

You have the right to change the rules of the game, but it would be nice if you would listen to good advice from the forum.

1000 flights in one destination with Limit100 will be practically unworkable for any player.

I should be glad that along with version 7.0 I can be sure that no one will catch up with me in the number of destinations flown with 3 stars.

Unfortunately, I am not happy, because I know that this game will be for players impossible to pass - never! never! never!

We've continuously made the game easier throughout the years, but who remembers that now? Some parts of the game become harder, some become easier.

DarekK

1600+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Username
aDarekK
We've continuously made the game easier throughout the years, but who remembers that now? Some parts of the game become harder, some become easier.
And some parts of the game become unable to be reached.
With every update, you just teaching us how to play a game slower and slower....
But remember, if the game becomes unplayable players will stop playing and stop paying to you.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I have completed 3 star for all destination except weekly alliance task and some event. No level up, no more destination. I will be bored even with new updates.
I feel like even with leveling up and new destinations, you'd get bored. You would need something other than that to make your game interesting.
What I think would be cool is to add levels up to 100, and starting after lv 80, you get to customize and build unique jets or even buildings for your fleet. As you advance in levels, you unlock more options in terms of customization. You could even design the custom planes/buildings yourself. Now that would be one worth striving for I would think.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
049bu772
Username
JGK
Easy.

CBM were special offers provided for a limited time 'as is' at the time of purchase. There're many other special offers in the game that were provided through the years with no promises or liability on our part to repeat them, and demanding to have them is certainly an option if you're player, but not a responsibility for us. Players can very well demand to have a 300% Airport City cash sale every day, or change it to 500% altogether, and hate us if it doesn't happen, but that's not a decision that players make for the developer.

6 of any building type was a game balance rule change that's now in place for many years intended to force players to come up with creative ways of expanding the city instead of just building one most profitable they look up on the Internet, like Bowling or whatever. There're few players that still play with more buildings than that because they've built them before the rules were in place.

Older players had two years of no inventory limit to adapt their strategy to the new rules, while in general the warning of rule changes are given by online game developers maybe a week or two in advance before they're enforced. The more I think of it, the more I regret I've tried to postpone this change for so long to respect the commitment of old time players, we should've just enforced this rule in summer 2017, and be done with it as everyone on the market does those kind of things.

Cheers!
Why am I getting very negative vibes in some of your current posts about this limit change. At one time, you are saying its not a decision you guys make (its your bosses decision) and now its like the option is entirely on 'your' hands!
You aint making this controversial issue any easier.

Easy.
we should've just enforced this rule in summer 2017, and be done with it as everyone on the market does those kind of things.

Cheers!
I must agree with you on that. If you had done it, I would never have used this forum like I do, I would never had spent a dime on your game, and I wouldn’t be playing AC anymore almost for sure.
Now I felt in love with the game and definitely will give it a try... perhaps I’ll adjust, perhaps not, but I’ll wait and see.

PS: the difference between the 100 limit and the rest of the changes is that you could provide a reasonable explanation for all of the latter, but not for the first.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Hey Free2Play, with all of the discussion going on about this topic, I don't think you've ever shared your personal opinion about it. What are your personal opinions about it? Looking at it from a developer's point of view, do you think it's a good implementation? How about strictly from a player's point of view? (since I'm sure youve tested thousands of different AC versions and seen all the different styles of play throughout the years)

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
Why am I getting very negative vibes in some of your current posts about this limit change. At one time, you are saying its not a decision you guys make (its your bosses decision) and now its like the option is entirely on 'your' hands!
You aint making this controversial issue any easier.

It might be someone else's decision, but it's our team who takes the blame anyway, right?

DarekK

1600+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Username
aDarekK
I feel like even with leveling up and new destinations, you'd get bored. You would need something other than that to make your game interesting.
What I think would be cool is to add levels up to 100, and starting after lv 80, you get to customize and build unique jets or even buildings for your fleet. As you advance in levels, you unlock more options in terms of customization. You could even design the custom planes/buildings yourself. Now that would be one worth striving for I would think.

I will surprise you, this game has not bored me.
For the last year, I was collecting items for flights, so Limit100 will not become a problem for me. For example, I've got 10K VR. Now I'm collecting earplugs.

I'm just angry because the game becomes unfair.
Limit100 is unfair from the beginning.
The lack of a CBM sales offer is also unfair.

DarekK

1600+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Username
aDarekK
It might be someone else's decision, but it's our team who takes the blame anyway, right?

Another thing. Veterans have many unnecessary buildings obtained from collections collected over the years.
Will it be in version 7.0 the possibility of transferring unnecessary buildings as a gift to other players, e.g. members of the alliance?
It would be easier to play for new players and would increase the playability of the game.

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
Hey Free2Play, with all of the discussion going on about this topic, I don't think you've ever shared your personal opinion about it. What are your personal opinions about it? Looking at it from a developer's point of view, do you think it's a good implementation? How about strictly from a player's point of view? (since I'm sure youve tested thousands of different AC versions and seen all the different styles of play throughout the years)

Well, I'm not sure anyone needs my personal opinion on the matter, but since you've asked. The inventory limit should've been in place since day one of the game, like it is in most freemium city-building games. It should be per item type, as it is now (most games have a limit on total amount of all items, and it's quite low without paying huge amounts of money), because the game's idea and economy are about taking many flights to many destinations. Should it be 100? It's an all right number, it serves its purpose of forcing players to think strategically instead of simply hoarding fuel from free gifts — if there's 1000 per item type limit, there's effectively no limit, it's pointless to have this limit. That inventory limit should be upgradeable through in-game means, preferably through some kind of Depot building. That's how I'd done it if that was up to just me.

DarekK

1600+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Username
aDarekK
I am playing with the 100 limit and doesn't understand why it is so big issue? I waited half a year for my first piramid to be completed and this is ok. What is point in having everything in one hour? It is only game:)

How many stars did you get?
100? 150?
You are an infant.
I'm not saying anything about having everything in one hour.
When you grow up you will understand that we are talking about.
But it will be too late.

And, anyway, thanks everyone for your feedback about things we've worked on for the last year. I hope we deliver the update that will be worth your time!
Thank you for your time and effort on this forum. You are very diplomatic and sometimes make me laugh when you are sarcastic at the negative vibes. I have my opinion and you are right - I won't be putting it here!;)

Top Bottom