Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

7.0 Update Preview

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Username
Pearlman
As a player from the beginning I am very disappointed in the weathervane issues and 100 limit
That is coming. After my gold subscription expires I will NOT Renew it. And will never use real money for this game again.

Greg

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
Thanks everyone for the questions, they'll help us make better guides for the update when it comes out.

And here's a short video of the 7.0 update with the same profile before and after the update. Please note this one is captured from the work-in-progress version, so occasional glitches are seen. Also, it goes at a faster speed than the normal speed of in-game planes so that the video doesn't take too much time. Cheers!

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04gdf349
Username
ArGi1981
Great idea! Let's reset all level 80 players that aren't happy about the inventory limit! Maybe then it will be something they like.
Actually, it would be a great new feature I think: A reset-button that will reset your game to the very first day except you keep all your inventory: Coins and Greenies, silver + gold tokens, buildings / bonuses / planes in your inventory. I'm sure there would be people who like this option. (y)

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I'm really amazed at the artworks, a wonderful job there! (y)

Airport operations fascinated me as a kid. I would spend hours at the airport viewing gallery to observe the fueling, loading, taxiing, taking off, and landing of planes. My brother and I even played simple simulations at home using planes built from Lego and drawing the taxiways/runways with chalk on the balcony floor. The new designs make me feel like I'm reliving my childhood dream.

The problem(?) of growing up is that I've become more intellectual even in games. Probably not many could imagine strategising with excel sheets or drawing probability trees. If we strip any game down to its core, it's ultimately a game of numbers - probabilities, economy, cost-benefit analysis etc. These number games could possibly take up players' focus more often than intended, while underrating other features such as graphic designs and depriving players from full enjoyment.

While it's no doubt that "certain quantitative aspects" of the game bother me, I would like to offer an alternative perspective here. Seeing the new designs totally reminds me on why did I choose Airport City over other "strategic number games" right from the start.

Looking forward to the facelift!
Lol I built planes out of legos too with my cousin, and have the same exact nostalgia at times. That facelift is phenomenal.

So I suspect I will be joining the legion of players that stop putting cash in, but I’ll give it a go first. Looking at the new game constraints, im wondering if the subscription that everyone seems intent on stopping might actually be a better value purchase than greens. Currently people stockpile massively then do big map runs, but this may produce a more even spread of passenger flow, but the same number over say a monthly period.

Jgm85

1500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
af40w2p (old) 04HBT2AFX (current)
Username
jgm85
Free2Play thanks for the responses (as you have said you don't need to be here, we do appreciate it even if we do not show it). It does look good, i cannot say it doesn't. As i have said, my words come from frustration as i have loved this game for many years, now i am at a stage of 1000 flights to 3 star a destination so i cannot fathom how a 100 limit works in the new update. As someone else said, it is a bittersweet update that is coming as it looks much better but the limit seems to put such an imposition on those like myself who have support the game financially since v1.

D

Deleted member 9675

Thanks everyone for the questions, they'll help us make better guides for the update when it comes out.

And here's a short video of the 7.0 update with the same profile before and after the update. Please note this one is captured from the work-in-progress version, so occasional glitches are seen. Also, it goes at a faster speed than the normal speed of in-game planes so that the video doesn't take too much time. Cheers!

I keep thinking about the 100 limit deal for two reasons.
!st) alliance missions. Will the number of flights needed to complete be lower or equal to 100? Not everyone's neighbors are going to keep players supplied with Ereaders and earplugs.

2nd) Could the limit possibly have a bit more than fairness of the game for this restriction? As a Computer geek/repair tech, I understand that the more moving parts, layers of artwork both created by devs and often players; takes a hefty percentage of stress on the server(s) Therefore limits have to be implemented or servers would continuously crash from overload. I know in my game I have a whole lot of unnecessary items in my warehouse.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I think Ivan hinted at one of the reasons why this limit is being implemented: doing hundreds of flights based on one map. With getting more maps to do flights, it will take us a lot longer for us to complete the collections associated with said maps, therefore slowing down the game significantly. But I wonder if the limit enablers realize the following facts:
1) Maps are NOT easy to get. Drop rates are already low, and the map you get is random. It could take forever before you get that 5th map to complete a set, hence why people make the most use of the one map they may get.
2) Newer players have been playing with the limit for the past 2 years, but that doesn't mean they've been happy about it. Most would be overjoyed to have no limit, or at least a higher one.

If the 100 item limit is here to stay, then make map accumulation easier and ensure that any flight requests do not exceed the imposed limit of 100. If these 2 things are implemented, then I could handle the 100 item limit. Until then, the disappointment continues :unsure:

Jay J

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
Pls see signature
Username
jj- / minime-
  • Special event planes will move from hangars to inventory until we update those events to be compatible with 7.0.
Further down same post

I already read about special planes to be stored to WH.
I asked the question to Ivan to clarify the fate of the special hangars. Especially the attack plane hangars, as I understand the Victory Day event will not be coming back.

I already read about special planes to be stored to WH.
I asked the question to Ivan to clarify the fate of the special hangars. Especially the attack plane hangars, as I understand the Victory Day event will not be coming back.
My mistake. It says hangers are no more, so im guessing they will go but planes put in inventory. What happens if you have more than 10 planes!

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04gdf349
Username
ArGi1981
1) Maps are NOT easy to get. Drop rates are already low, and the map you get is random. It could take forever before you get that 5th map to complete a set, hence why people make the most use of the one map they may get.
2) Newer players have been playing with the limit for the past 2 years, but that doesn't mean they've been happy about it. Most would be overjoyed to have no limit, or at least a higher one.

If the 100 item limit is here to stay, then make map accumulation easier and ensure that any flight requests do not exceed the imposed limit of 100. If these 2 things are implemented, then I could handle the 100 item limit. Until then, the disappointment continues :unsure:
I am looking forward to a lot of "balancing tweaks" (for the better) now that the 100-limit is being enforced to everyone, but drops from excavation maps are not one of them. In fact, they are amongst the easiest to acquire. I have dozens unused maps in my warehouse as we speak, without putting much effort (or any) to acquire them. Fly a few excavation maps over night (for the turbo's and jet's) or use your excavation maps at other strategic times (for planes which typically take longer than to complete than an excavation run), and you'll have plenty of maps in no time (y)

I'm not kidding by the way on my first remark: Looking forward to a lot of "balancing tweaks" once the users without the limit stop messing with statistics, making it clear that some of the tasks / challenges are way too difficult for 'us normies'. :D

Jay J

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
Pls see signature
Username
jj- / minime-
What do those hangers look like and planes?
attack planes.jpg
attack plane.jpg hangar for attack plane.jpg

Top Bottom