Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

5.4.16 update on android bringing 100 limit - POLL inculded, Will you continue to play?

Would you continue to play Airport City if the 100 limit item is rolled out to everyone?

• Yes

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • No

Votes: 113 78.5%
  • Yes, but I would play less often

Votes: 15 10.4%
  • Undecided - Please comment below

Votes: 8 5.6%

• Total voters

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
I just tried to change my review but it seems Gi is not allowing any feedback or reviews for new game.

Game Insight (or any other developer) has nothing to do with reviews in App Store, wherever new update is released there's usually some time before you can post a review for it, App Store regulates it itself. I'd suggest trying again later.

They really don't care. Their marketing team knows that they shot themselves in the foot with long term players when they put out the BCM deal recently. Some short sighted newb (who is more than likely out of work now) would have said, "let's give them what they want. We'll make a $hort term killing on people buying greenies so they can get the gold tokens needed."

What they did not realise is that because they've given us very little to spend gold/silver on over the past 2 years and their bug miscalculations on how effectively we used GD with planetariums, MANY people had a ton of the tokens in storage waiting. Not just to buy the BCMs but to restock them over and over! I was buying iTunes credit once a week before, but haven't spent a cent since that sale. Their cash flow would have spiked briefly for the sale and then plummeted afterwards. And they KNOW that the likelihood of getting $ from me with the BCMs running is remote until the gold runs out. How do you fix that? Kill the launches.

They are in panic mode with lost sales and assume that if they can't get us spending again, why worry if we leave. Measures have been put in place to stop it from ever happening again. They made some huge errors a long time ago and didn't realise until it was too late. Most casual players and newbies not on the forum won't even have a clue what is being taken from them due to G!s own lack of foresight. This forum, (as wonderful as it is, both for us and for G! to get feedback) has taught anyone that joins and reads all of the techniques to accelerate their games massively and efficiently (usually saving $ along the way). Instead of trying to find a way to fix it, the bean counters are happy to let us go. They're not making money from us.

I have no doubt that a few loyal programmers will be cursing what they are doing and arguing that there is a better way. Improve the game, more added value, more incentive. Sure, take stuff away, but baby steps and put something different back in so that players will be happy and, over time, begin to spend again. But G! is a business and those loyal few have no power. The owners/shareholders/management have ordered, "STOP the bleeding now! Don't waste time healing the wound, cut off the limb. It's dead to us now, anyway". And here we are.

I'm feeling a bit like John Wayne Bobbit right now :(

I agree this may indeed be what is driving this. Though in the minority and only having 1 mint, I still threw some
cash at them last greenie sale. Didn't need the greens but did so to support the game. I can guarantee that will
not be happening again. But as you so eloquently stated the bean counters and decision makers do not care.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Phyllo Game Over
I haven't spent any real money on the game so far, "just" invested a lot of my time.
For one, I wanted to see how far I could get without buying me any advantages and for two because I wanted to see how things turn out with the game design, how they react on what the players say and such.
After my very frustrating experience with support, I didn't think I would invest any real money in it and given this limitation now I'm certain I won't. Even if they remove the limit again for now who says they won't bring it back again with one of the next updates and this time for all players? A company who punishes their paying players like this is simply not trustworthy. As others said, spending greens to upgrade factories that then produce items that the warehouse cannot hold any more were simply fooled into spending real money on something absolutely worthless.

I think this the final nail in the coffin

Trust in the good will of a company is their biggest asset and once it's lost, it's hard to gain back again so my guess is this is not just the final nail on the coffin of AC but on the whole of G!. Nobody will pay for any of their games any more once word spreads about this and it will for sure spread since players usually communicate not just about one game but also about experiences they made with other games.

Jgm85

1500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
af40w2p (old) 04HBT2AFX (current)
Username
jgm85
For the record Free2play (won't tag you as requested), this backlash is not out of hatred, not out of spite. But it is out of passion for the game, for the growth of the game and the continued success of your team (who don't get the credit for the hard work they do) and Airport City. Of all the 'new features' implemented over the years, from my knowledge this is thee one that has caused the biggest voicing of opinions (apart from bugs), that tells me you have hit a nerve. As someone stated, if it is for balancing then small changes, not drastic game breaking changes.

I will say it again, please listen to your players, we want to keep playing and giving you money.

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
ok guys i have a bit of good news, if you have reinstalled with google play and now you have been capt, because your a old player they should fix it for you!!!!! So for the rest of us i think we should be ok as they are only rolling it out to new players so what ever you do dont use google play, this info comes from a man that knows that all i can say. So contact support to get it lifted with all your screen shots all the best

My initial response from GI regarding this is as follows:

3) Now it is a game feature that you can only store 100 items. To collect new items in your warehouse you need to spend some items that you already have.

If they do not resolve this I'm going to throw in the towel, 24 hours and it's doing my fucking nut in, I can't do anything!

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Phyllo Game Over
My initial response from GI regarding this is as follows:

3) Now it is a game feature that you can only store 100 items. To collect new items in your warehouse you need to spend some items that you already have.

If they do not resolve this I'm going to throw in the towel, 24 hours and it's doing my fucking nut in, I can't do anything!

It is a FEATURE? Which other great features can we expect then?
And just to be sure: They still mean you can only store 100 items of each, not 100 in total, right? Hmmmm, shouldn't write that or it might become the next feature... ;)

Toddfish

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04ho1zg2
Username
Toddfish
Posted in another thread, but felt it was worth putting here as well. A 100 item limit would be the end of me buying Airport Cash.

If I need 1750 eReaders to get 3-stars on a single destination of the new flights... there is no way they should be able to limit storage to 100 items. They want me to speed-up 30 flights with fuel for a daily bonus? Getting rid of the 896 Fuel 20 in my warehouse is the wrong way to do that.

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
It is a FEATURE? Which other great features can we expect then?
And just to be sure: They still mean you can only store 100 items of each, not 100 in total, right? Hmmmm, shouldn't write that or it might become the next feature... ;)
This 100 of each item is not a new feature, rather a consequence of needing to reinstall

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
Well, I usually try to find good sides of any change, and I have said numerous times that this game is in dire need of balancing and trimming down some playing techniques that are simply so good they're killing the game.
But an artificial limit, that applies to Landing Lamps and QLs the same ? Even I have to call this out as stupid, hurtful and plainly unfair.

Bug fixes. Favorite neighbors, Jet Pack, system language fix that caused some games to freeze, rare case with losing planes in reserve hangar, etc.

A 100 item limit was introduced with previous update for new players (and those who reinstall and get a new friend code). Unfortunately, I can't comment on this decision further other than that it is a "game balance" feature.
Seriously - are GI joking. Even though it sounds like this has not kicked in with today's update you can bet as much as you want that it will be introduced to all now that it's started to be sent out to new players.

Free2play - I admire the way you come on here which is a forum not connected to GI and you pass on news and advice but this is by far the worst news ever on any game be ever played. Didn't you say some months ago when this new crappy feature was mentioned that it would not be coming?

Even Darekk thinks this and the alliance update is rubbish - GI must be the worst game developers ever. Airport city is one of the most challenging and enjoyable games I've played in over 30 years of playing games on every platform you can think off but it's been slowly strangled to death by someone in GI.

Game balance - which bright spark came up with that description.

Here's a feature of my own that I will introduce - from now on I will never ever spend a single penny with this company of thieves, they have taken our money and then changed the rules. Of course they can do that as they are the company that owns airport city but that does not make it right.

Edit - if I was a big boss at GI I would be checking the toilets, canteens and dark corners becuae some of you must be smoking and taking some serious shit gear if you think this is a good idea :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

pdxsk

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
pdxsk2
Username
pdxsk2
I've played the game on iOS since October 2012. I've spent over $300 buying greenies. I consider that $300 a small price as I get a lot of enjoyment playing the game.

However...if the 100 count of each item max comes to my games...I will end playing GI games totally. I remember years ago I thought the population limit would ruin the game...but it didn't. A 100 count item limit will ruin the game though for me and it'll be "bye bye GI" and goodbye to me spending real money on GI games.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Phyllo Game Over
Free2Play
Do you know if the 100 limits apply toward our gold, silver and green currency too?

I can't imagine that. If they'd limit the number of greens you could buy, they'd lose money directly, so that should be out of the question.
With the upgrade of a falcon costing 250 silver, limiting those to 100 would also not really make sense - but the whole thing doesn't make sense, so who knows? ;)

Mia

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ask me
Username
Mia
Free2Play
Do you know if the 100 limits apply toward our gold, silver and green currency too?

The gold and silver are kept in the warehouse. Do the math.

Maybe they will find another way to restrict our green supplying buildings in another way. We were bad, bad players to have purchased our c/m/b buildings with the gold we earned. It totally T'd them off and started this whole mess! :mad:

Løssnus

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
Usernamelkkkkkkk
Username
Usernamelkkkkkkk
Im so lucky that I have had this feature since monday this week and it is unplayable.

Receive gifts from neighbours? No I allready have the items in stock.
Visit neighbour buildings? In stock.
My own planetariums? In stock
Space buildings? In stock.
Only thing that works is adventure buildings.

This is the end of the game. You cant save up anything. What about the 8000 lolipops needed for Falcon flights?

DO NOT UPGRADE!!!

Top Bottom