Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Windows - Weekly Trading Thread - May 9th 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Struggling to return gifts and have now used up todays allowance with 7 outstanding (on priority for tomorrows window) Perhaps if just the people who can give Fuel Hose gift me today and those who dont have this give me a miss today that will give me a chance to catch up on returns - I have 13 gifts not yet earmarked for tomorrow and these will go as priority to anyone sending me fuel hoses - yes I am that desperate!! good night all
I will send you 1 Fuel Hose right now

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
Argh! Thanks for the awakening. I guess I will have to test Madlen thoroughly on what will get dropped to my benefit until I get my best possible 5 of 5.
Well, if you learn the subtle differences then reading the descriptions is 90% of the job. The problem with descriptions is that they list everything as "very seldom", yet eg Planetarium drops like there is no tomorrow. Maybe it's because Planetarium drops so many items so while everyone has "very seldom" chance, they all add up into getting something. Maybe it's because "very seldom" encompasses wide range of probabilities.
Madlen is not very good for testing, because she has 1 of everything and with 1 click it's difficult to assess the odds.

Bob1977

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
  2. Windows PC
Username
d751
Well, if you learn the subtle differences then reading the descriptions is 90% of the job. The problem with descriptions is that they list everything as "very seldom", yet eg Planetarium drops like there is no tomorrow. Maybe it's because Planetarium drops so many items so while everyone has "very seldom" chance, they all add up into getting something. Maybe it's because "very seldom" encompasses wide range of probabilities..
It's obvious that drop rates in items' descriptions are wrong.
I would renamed most of them. "Very seldom" conceals all kinds of drop rates from "Have a ton" to "you'll get this next year... maybe". :)

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
It's obvious that drop rates in items' descriptions are wrong.
I would renamed most of them. "Very seldom" conceals all kinds of drop rates from "Have a ton" to "you'll get this next year... maybe". :)
I think it's not necessary "wrong". I think it's something in the lines of:
- always: 100%
- very often: 100%-75%
- often: 75%-50%
- seldom: 50%-25%
- very seldom : 15%-0%

It's not very informative, as no building ever drops more often than "very seldom", but it's all still in range and numerically valid.

Why are Golden Planes so appealing?? I couldn't hold and bought S2 Jet. Doctor, what's wrong with me? :nurse::arghh::nurse:
It's the bling. : )

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
w33nton
Username
Veltro
Hello dear neighbors!
Thank you for all the gifts - it's very-very helpful with making a City from my "Airport village"!
But I noticed some glitches with gifts - having "new gift" symbol active, but there are no gift available... Per my investigation, the reason why it happens is the de-synchronization between my friends list (which gets older for about 4 months after game crash) and yours. The way how to resolve - it's needed to enter my code from your side. I understand that it's strange - you have me in the list already, but it works. At the moment I'm trying to determine, whom gifts aren't arrive...

Wasted Eagle

1200+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. None of the above
I just used the wiki to discover what Training Centers, Astronaut Academies, and Planatariums look like. Based on the latest recommendations, I will stop trying to collect spyglasses and business class bonuses, and start collecting launch supplies. I may have to start building a select visitation list as well, then.

Good that you know what they look like. This way you can come and find them in my game. ;)

Find request from Wstd1Eagle in your waiting list later today... (y)

Last edited:

Wasted Eagle

1200+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. None of the above
Hi neighbours!

Gifts out. Thanks for the ones received.
@Ten33go Thank you for the final Binoculars. (y)
@Blue Aero Thanks for the last Rangefinder. :love:

Oh boy! I think I'm in trouble. :nailbiting:
I 'borrowed' my wife's account to have myself a small red QL launch party this morning. Final shuttle flight was due to land and I decided to do her a favour and upgrade one of the runways. Being a little distracted I sold the wrong one and now I have not nearly enough coins to buy a new one. Result: QL wasted and shuttle stays in orbit, I guess... :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wcq1z2q
Username
andreasmrg
Hi neighbours!

Gifts out. Thanks for the ones received.
@Ten33go Thank you for the final Binoculars. (y)
@Blue Aero Thanks for the last Rangefinder. :love:

Oh boy! I think I'm in trouble. :nailbiting:
I 'borrowed' my wife's account to have myself a small red QL launch party this morning. Final shuttle flight was due to land and I decided to do her a favour and upgrade one of the runways. Being a little distracted I sold the wrong one and now I have not nearly enough coins to buy a new one. QL wasted and shuttle stays in orbit, I guess... :ROFLMAO:
So, lesson learnt. Do not mess with wife's game, you may experience real issues :(:mad::mad::confused::D:cry::LOL::ROFLMAO: (and many more of these).
Buy a flower, it will not bring the runway and the QL bonus back, but she will feel happier (y)

I like numeric way of seeing things too.
Actually just one item in a collection is terribly rare and its droprate defines the whole collection.
In old Sky Captain collections we meet more rare items in one since they come from different flights.
sent invite to d751 from gameradar2

D

Deleted member 5399

Gifts out from !KB and !KB2, although I did not have enough to give from !KB2.
@Cosmic Blue , I will put you top of list tomorrow.
Have a good day, night, morning, evening and/or weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom