Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Why does GI wait so late to start events associated with calendar holidays?

Device
  1. iPad
Username
BWAU96
Next event is clearly aligned with the US 4th of July holiday, but it's now 3 days away and the likely 10-12 day event hasn't even started. Seems to happen with most events that are related to holidays. Never understood why they don't align more with the build-up to certain holidays, and instead most of the event takes place after the holiday has come and gone. Nothing like wondering why you're still banishing demons in November, or why you're still guiding Santa's sleigh through mini-game obstacles a week after your New Year's hangover has worn off.

Next event is clearly aligned with the US 4th of July holiday, but it's now 3 days away and the likely 10-12 day event hasn't even started. Seems to happen with most events that are related to holidays. Never understood why they don't align more with the build-up to certain holidays, and instead most of the event takes place after the holiday has come and gone. Nothing like wondering why you're still banishing demons in November, or why you're still guiding Santa's sleigh through mini-game obstacles a week after your New Year's hangover has worn off.
See this thread below to understand why they are having problems right now. Basically, many issues stemming from the war. I recommend just flying like normal right now and getting stars on regular destinations and maps. Happy flying!

Dark Horse

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
33041A2PF
Username
Dark Horse
It's not likely the 4th of July event will take place now. GI has pulled out of Russia due to the war and has laid off 600 employees. It's likely Airport City updates and events were made by the team based in Russia, hence no event.

Tom-SUB

1300+ Star Club
All New Tadashi
Device
  1. Android
  2. None of the above
Friend Code
04WAG8N9Y
Username
Tom
be happy that you still can play Airport City. Worst case that soon there will be no Airport City and other G.I. games available for a while! Without employees: difficult to create an event. I am sure that they are very happy that it is running like it is - with a very small team.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
It's not the first time an event was missed and won't be the last. I see this as an opportunity to catch up on non-event flights
I for one am enjoying the regular gameplay. Just been a nice, smooth rhythm without any fleet reorganization or change of required items. They can take their time in getting things in order 😁

Top Bottom