Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Why do i bother

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04b4mozo
Username
matt
Gi cannot do anything before they found the code that these hackers use it and i think with my little experience in this type of hacking there is 2 way for the hackers to do that
1- they found the code that connect to the server and they hack the file and change the amount numbers for the passengers and then wait to update the server as we see the result in the screenshot above.
2- Leak the code from Gi company from employee
Gi cannot do any thing before they fix it and if not so cannot ban them because if they ban them they can came back in same moment so the winners is hackers.
I think Gi work on it because they cannot leave them for long time its company reputation and its challenge for both side Gi and Hackers.
In the end must one win who is he ;) if Gi want to fix this they have a lot of work not for these players only they must Fill gaps in the program and dont leave any chance for future someone can hack the game.
This is not a temporary its must be forever fixed.

its not so much as having to hack a file.. in most cases this would alert them to a data breach.. all they are probably doing is spoofing data..
I'm gonna word this very generically as to not tell you how, but to help ya understand most likely what they are doing.. ***THIS IS JUST MY OWN SPECULATION**
All data is transmitted to certain IPs through specific ports.. they probably monitored their traffic log and through a long process of trial and error found the IP/Port in which flight data is sent from the client to the server. Then all they did was essentially set up a repeater..
So say you found out that ip 123.456.7.8 on port 4100 was how the client communicated flight data with the server all you would need to do is send a data packet repeatedly so say every minute you sent a data packet saying you sent 10,000 passengers.. this would result in 600,000 passengers/hr saying you have flown. In most cases data is encrypted, and authorization keys are needed to decipher the data and but being as this isn't login information or a financial institution they might not be using data encryption for this specific data..

The only way they would essentially be able to detect it would be
1. frequency of data being submitted, this would be difficult as you can instant return flights so frequency could vary considerably.
2. Exorbitant values, this would be the case in this situation where it should be detectable as the passenger count just isn't feasible.

Now in best interest of the company it would be best to let them continue doing what they are doing so they can gather more data for themselves on how to remedy the situation.. the more data they receive the more information they obtain on how to prevent it.. Sure they can ban all these people.. and tomorrow they will be back with new accounts with new names and the process repeats.. So simply because the cheaters aren't instantly removed doesn't mean GI doesn't care.. Its just they are smart enough to know that a knee jerk ban solves nothing and this process will repeat indefinitely. GI needs time to learn the method in which their data is getting compromised and figure out a work around which takes time and money to do..

Again this is just simply my own speculation on the issue. I'm not saying this is for sure what they are doing or not.. but its how it appears to me personally.

its not so much as having to hack a file.. in most cases this would alert them to a data breach.. all they are probably doing is spoofing data..
I'm gonna word this very generically as to not tell you how, but to help ya understand most likely what they are doing.. ***THIS IS JUST MY OWN SPECULATION**
All data is transmitted to certain IPs through specific ports.. they probably monitored their traffic log and through a long process of trial and error found the IP/Port in which flight data is sent from the client to the server. Then all they did was essentially set up a repeater..
So say you found out that ip 123.456.7.8 on port 4100 was how the client communicated flight data with the server all you would need to do is send a data packet repeatedly so say every minute you sent a data packet saying you sent 10,000 passengers.. this would result in 600,000 passengers/hr saying you have flown. In most cases data is encrypted, and authorization keys are needed to decipher the data and but being as this isn't login information or a financial institution they might not be using data encryption for this specific data..

The only way they would essentially be able to detect it would be
1. frequency of data being submitted, this would be difficult as you can instant return flights so frequency could vary considerably.
2. Exorbitant values, this would be the case in this situation where it should be detectable as the passenger count just isn't feasible.

Now in best interest of the company it would be best to let them continue doing what they are doing so they can gather more data for themselves on how to remedy the situation.. the more data they receive the more information they obtain on how to prevent it.. Sure they can ban all these people.. and tomorrow they will be back with new accounts with new names and the process repeats.. So simply because the cheaters aren't instantly removed doesn't mean GI doesn't care.. Its just they are smart enough to know that a knee jerk ban solves nothing and this process will repeat indefinitely. GI needs time to learn the method in which their data is getting compromised and figure out a work around which takes time and money to do..

Again this is just simply my own speculation on the issue. I'm not saying this is for sure what they are doing or not.. but its how it appears to me personally.
I agree with the second part that Gi wait to gather information. (y)
The first part i understand it but cannot go with you in this conversation because my knowledge :love: not that much :love:, for sure they will find a way to stop these players for ever.

Or GI could just sanity check any players with more than say 1 million passengers a week. Or any player with more than for example 500k passengers a week in the first month of play.

They could review the top rankings and apply common sense.

So maybe its an hours admin a week on the part of an intern at GI, rather than a war.

[Or just make the reward for the top 20 alliances the same].
This not a solution and it will not fix anything those hackers in a few minutes can change it and for sure they have plan B and ready for anything if GI cannot completely fix it then bye bye weekly rank.
For me i dont care for weekly ranking because what i get from there as reward i have it the important is finish alliance mission :D and i have all alliance maps.
But this Gi reputation as i said before its challenge between Gi programmer and some hackers who will win and i want Gi to be the winner (y) soon and i hope next major update they resolved all this.

A Merryflyer

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03nhxjex
Username
A Merryflyer
This not a solution and it will not fix anything those hackers in a few minutes can change it and for sure they have plan B and ready for anything if GI cannot completely fix it then bye bye weekly rank.
For me i dont care for weekly ranking because what i get from there as reward i have it the important is finish alliance mission :D and i have all alliance maps.
But this Gi reputation as i said before its challenge between Gi programmer and some hackers who will win and i want Gi to be the winner (y) soon and i hope next major update they resolved all this.

That's an interesting opinion.

I guess it's time to give up on weekly rankings as GI do not appear able to police their T&C's.

volly

150+ Star Club
Folks, I'm going to explain to you how they get these huge numbers on the flights. It isn't difficult. In fact, it is rather easy.
1. They use an emulator on a PC.
2. They download the client and hack it. Remember - you are allowed to do a bunch of things while NOT connected to the internet. This stupid position that Gi takes on this is the root of the problem but I digress. let me continue...
3. With the hacked client you can do all sorts of things like have your fuel restore at 1 per second or faster, have a building that gave 36 passengers an hour give 3600 and so forth. Remember they track time stuff but NOT the amount stuff is given on a drop.
4. With supplies no longer a problem you fly, speed up with fuel, land and repeat.
5. You can speed this up even more with auto clickers so that you don't even need to monitor the game.

If you did a google search on the game cheat sites I bet there is a hacked version of the game out there.

As long as you have a local client that connects to a server for a multi player game, there will be people who will hack the client to try to gain an advantage to the game. They do this for one reason - they want to win and feel superior.

This hacking problem is why I don't bother with ratings, Alliance flights or any rubbish like that for there is no point to it.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04xvr12e
Username
AceGG
I think Gi is taking the same approach as they did with the fast click launch bug. Taking their sweet tine to rebuild that feature from ground up. Unfortunately they don't communicate that to us and the cheating jokers.
That's pretty much the reason I'm not going to spend a cent and not flying alliance missions. What's the point?

Think I've just been had with top spot for Turkish Coast. The guy came from nowhere and has overtaken me. He has about 20 Lvl7 runways (is that legal?)
1. Anyone can have as many runways as wanted
2. This player has CBM, so a lot of greenies for “free” (for gold and silver tokens tbt)
3. He could have been offline all week,
4. He doesn’t have much many flights than you (946 vs 901 at the moment), it’s not an “impossible” number of flights

So, it doesn’t seem cheating to me, just bad luck of yours... sorry :(

Kevin1010

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03m4zpz4
Username
Kevin1010
If gi is a company which wants to earn a profit they should ask themselves.
Can we get other people to spend money if they cannot earn anything? Well not really..

A simple sollution and a little thought.

Why give the rewards for example to the 15th place So in fact give the rewards to those who wants to cheat. Good luck with ur ql in ur fake word. And from 6 give a ql. 7-10 sky capt. 11-15 golden dice 16-20 dice and So on...

1. Anyone can have as many runways as wanted
2. This player has CBM, so a lot of greenies for “free” (for gold and silver tokens tbt)
3. He could have been offline all week,
4. He doesn’t have much many flights than you (946 vs 901 at the moment), it’s not an “impossible” number of flights

So, it doesn’t seem cheating to me, just bad luck of yours... sorry :(

The point is I was a couple of hundred flights ahead of everyone else .. the guy that is now third was previously second. I've used all red fuel reserves to keep in touch, but he's another 100 flights ahead and I'm not burning any more fuel, because every time I move, he has an answer .. and I don't think it's legit............so why bother?!

Device
  1. Android
The point is I was a couple of hundred flights ahead of everyone else .. the guy that is now third was previously second. I've used all red fuel reserves to keep in touch, but he's another 100 flights ahead and I'm not burning any more fuel, because every time I move, he has an answer .. and I don't think it's legit............so why bother?!

Hello, Neighbor Allan,

I totally agree' "don't think it's legit............so why bother?"
I empathize and sympathize with what you are experiencing.

Dealing with the same thing Cape Canaveral route.
"CARTHAGE" has 606 flights, yet a this time 570 passengers flown.
Absolute nonsense.

What is worse is Austin route.
Idiot abhishek came out of nowhere to drop 228 flights yesterday.
Today that total is now 946.
This idiotic fiend has been at this for months now.

I am simple glad I stopped feeding G! currency, long ago.
Now these thieves steal my time and yours.

I agree, what is the point and why bother.

Top Bottom