Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Valley of the Kings Impossible Tasks?

Device
  1. iPad
I am level 63. Both the first level (180 pharos) and second level (400 Pharos) tasks require me to take a flight to Paphos. That can only be done at level 65. It takes forever to go up levels at this stage (like 200,000 points per level) and so there’s no way to get there within the ten days left on the event. Basically it means that 2 of the 3 tasks are unavailable, making it impossible to get the 8 daily task prize and to compete generally. Anyone else experiencing this?

red_z06

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20481UGAF
Username
red_z06
That would suck. My accts are at 40s and 30s and I have not experienced those yet.

Perhaps you should focus on a backup acct for this event. I usually start multiple and give up on ones with a runaway player. This way, one of two accts, I can claim one or two platinum chests.

Last edited:
I am level 63. Both the first level (180 pharos) and second level (400 Pharos) tasks require me to take a flight to Paphos. That can only be done at level 65. It takes forever to go up levels at this stage (like 200,000 points per level) and so there’s no way to get there within the ten days left on the event. Basically it means that 2 of the 3 tasks are unavailable, making it impossible to get the 8 daily task prize and to compete generally. Anyone else experiencing this?
Something not right on your reasoning. Paphos is Thunderbirds and you can fly those since level 61. As you’re level 63, you should be able to fly there.

Something not right on your reasoning. Paphos is Thunderbirds and you can fly those since level 61. As you’re level 63, you should be able to fly there.
***EDIT: Never mind. I just verified that level 65 is required on my support.

Then we need to fix the wiki. Can anyone send a screenshot to verify the level required? @Zepcom ??

1673805111818.png

Last edited:
***EDIT: Never mind. I just verified that level 65 is required on my support.

Then we need to fix the wiki. Can anyone send a screenshot to verify the level required? @Zepcom ??

View attachment 68657
65 must be right, last update on page was by Chloe last year. My fault, I assumed it was just like other TBs and didn’t check the proper page.

and I think that must be the issue, maybe they out TBs on tasks list as soon as one can have TBs, although this particular flight requires level 65

Mega Fleet Lord

Free Federation
Device
  1. None of the above
Friend Code
20RG6CM2E
Username
FleetLord
given its difficulty to get 8 a day w/o bonuses how common is cheating in events?? Suspicious to me, but i not experienced enough to know
Screenshot (8466).png

Last edited:

Paula

350+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
04YRYSMQ0
Username
Paula [items needed]
give its difficult to get 8 a day w/o bonuses how common is cheating in events?? Suspicious to me, but i not experienced enough to know
View attachment 68687
Difficult? I don't find it difficult at all. Depending on the event, of course.

The daily reset is at 7 pm for me. I complete all 3 tasks, wait 20 minutes, come back and complete 2 more tasks. Then I do the remaining three in the morning, and there's still 12 hours left in the day. And I'm only level 53.

I never use bonuses for tasks. It takes some planning, but it's not difficult if you do it right.

The daily reset is at 7 pm for me. I complete all 3 tasks, wait 20 minutes, come back and complete 2 more tasks. Then I do the remaining three in the morning, and there's still 12 hours left in the day. And I'm only level 53.

I never use bonuses for tasks. It takes some planning, but it's not difficult if you do it right.
Hi Paula

I like your philosophy about completing 3 tasks straight away & then waiting 20 minutes to return. Unfortunately, I am unable to enjoy the same ritual as you do, due to the fact that in the past it has sometimes taken me up to 20 hours after daily reset to achieve the toughest (1060 reward) task, therefore I have to grind through the first two tasks to achieve my objective.

However, if you have any tips tucked away to help you achieve your clinical planning please could you share them.

Regards

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
jeqx2y
Username
kumepo
I am at level 63 to and cant fly to paphos unless we are level 65 and the other thing is you can only use the green suit cases on the one flight whats the point of that we need help on these two things

as you're only lvl53 you probably don't get the paphos flight
my guess is that if you do have TBs, you can be assigned that task, even if you're not at level 65 yet.
So i guess your strategy won't work for players in the 61-64 levels. if one of those players gets 2 out of 3 tasks demanding those flights, finishing the 8 daily tasks can be pretty challenging, if not impossible

Device
  1. iPad
as you're only lvl53 you probably don't get the paphos flight
my guess is that if you do have TBs, you can be assigned that task, even if you're not at level 65 yet.
So i guess your strategy won't work for players in the 61-64 levels. if one of those players gets 2 out of 3 tasks demanding those flights, finishing the 8 daily tasks can be pretty challenging, if not impossible

It's worse than that, because now I have TWO tasks requiring Paphos -- the 180 reward is to "Send a plane on a flight to Paphos", and the 400 reward is "Complete a flight to Paphos". So I've basically worked for five days on ONE "8 task" daily reward. Basically means I couldn't compete on this event, which is particularly galling as I bought both the Premium Class, AND the Hanging Gardens with real cash. In the end I'm not even going to be able to complete the Progress tasks as a whole.

I'm going to chalk this one up to bad event design, but if it ever happens again, I'm just not going to play the events. Makes no sense to compete in an event that you can't actually complete (and even less sense to spend actual cash in relation to it!)

It's worse than that, because now I have TWO tasks requiring Paphos -- the 180 reward is to "Send a plane on a flight to Paphos", and the 400 reward is "Complete a flight to Paphos". So I've basically worked for five days on ONE "8 task" daily reward. Basically means I couldn't compete on this event, which is particularly galling as I bought both the Premium Class, AND the Hanging Gardens with real cash. In the end I'm not even going to be able to complete the Progress tasks as a whole.

I'm going to chalk this one up to bad event design, but if it ever happens again, I'm just not going to play the events. Makes no sense to compete in an event that you can't actually complete (and even less sense to spend actual cash in relation to it!)
Have you bought a thunderbird plane or is it there in your fleet?

Device
  1. iPad
Have you bought a thunderbird plane or is it there in your fleet?
Yes, I have a thunderbird, but thunderbirds have flights that can only be taken at certain levels, starting at level 61. So in this case, Paphos is a level 65. I was at level 63 (now inched up to 64) but basically it means i can't complete these flights or these tasks. It's not a big deal; whatever, it's just one competition. But if this becomes a recurring problem, you'd want to think long and hard about buying the premium ticket or other related purchases. Unless you know the totality of potential tasks (which I don't think are publicly stated), you'll never know there's a problem until it actually manifests.

Yes, I have a thunderbird, but thunderbirds have flights that can only be taken at certain levels, starting at level 61. So in this case, Paphos is a level 65. I was at level 63 (now inched up to 64) but basically it means i can't complete these flights or these tasks. It's not a big deal; whatever, it's just one competition. But if this becomes a recurring problem, you'd want to think long and hard about buying the premium ticket or other related purchases. Unless you know the totality of potential tasks (which I don't think are publicly stated), you'll never know there's a problem until it actually manifests.
But you have a plane. The fact tasks start at 65 is irrelevant…. You have a plane and it appears the algorythme, just looks for a plane. IF it was in the warehouse and so not activated, then it wouldn’t count but if it’s in the hangar then, sorry, but that fact tasks start later, is irrelevant for GI. Don’t think this happens in any other event though…don’t remember it ever being a problem before.

Top Bottom