Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Update 8.3 is Out -- Dark Skies 2020

Device
  1. iPad
Username
roodester
The event currency needed to advance levels is much greater than previous event. Example 1100 needed for level 11 up to 2500 needed at level 19 to complete event

VdW

600+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03j2z0gz (PM me when adding, or your request might get deleted)
Username
VdW
I know it's not G!'s fault because MS Store takes that much time but it would be nice if we (the Windows users) get some sort of "compensation" for that :/

It happens so often that I'm not sure it's not GI's fault. GI can do something to prevent it (for example by starting the events at the same time for all platforms), they just choose not to. So for me, one way or another, there is a "small" part that is GI's fault.

HahAti

150+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
It happens so often that I'm not sure it's not GI's fault. GI can do something to prevent it (for example by starting the events at the same time for all platforms), they just choose not to. So for me, one way or another, there is a "small" part that is GI's fault.
Partially agree with you on this one: if there's too much code to be re-written in order to allow events on trigger (which was what you're suggesting: game updates arrive 2-3 days before the event starts), then we're stuck with the current thing.
However, if this is just a matter of 10 lines of code, then they should absolutely fix it.

It's not just a minor bug and it puts Windows users in a competitive disadvantage, especially knowing some players actively compete for top prizes.

Just checked again and no update yet. Will try again in a couple of hours.

Marve

1400+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ask_for
Username
Marve
Sorry but I`m not sure that windows players have so less advantage against Android or ios. Last event seems to me that if I (Android) start the event one day after event starts my game goes to a group that starts almost in the same time.

Seems there`s a maximum number of participants in a group. When a group is full another group is created. If I`m correct who postponed the event will join in a group with players that starts later too.

Again..... I`m not sure about my theory. Would be good if who starts later could confirm.

VdW

600+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Username
VdW
@Marve everyone is grouped with similar level players who collect at least “1 reward on your event Progress”

so if you do the event since the beginning but don’t collect your reward, you might get advantage from other people who collect the same time as you but only start the event 3 days later. I hope it makes sense

Last edited:
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20msgi318
Username
AAL Mad Dog
GI is pretty much the one at fault with the updates.

They could have changed the code long time ago to not necessary require a game update for events. They could check for packages to download on game startup and pull them as necessary directly from their servers.

Another option would be to push updates to the stores and then either control the start of the event via an API or just hardcode it into the app with sufficient time buffer to make sure this does not happen.

I am really fed up with the way they do this and am on the verge to stop participating to them, or at least stop purchasing the premiums for those events.

Marve

1400+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ask_for
Username
Marve
@Marve everyone is grouped with similar level players who collect at least “1 level reward”

so if you do the event since the beginning but don’t collect your reward, you might get advantage from other people who collect the same time as you but only start the event 3 days later. I hope it makes sense
My game support, iOS level 80, starts at the beginning and the group of the game is in have players level 71 to 80. This group already have 100 participants. The first in the group has 2182 ectoplasms and the last has 5.
Main game, Android level 80, is up-to-date but not starts the event (0 ectoplasms) I`m waiting some time to start with main to know the group where be allocated. If I`m correct when start the event will be in a group with the same level players but the first place won`t have so much ectoplasm then I`ll tell you what happened.

VdW

600+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Username
VdW
My game support, iOS level 80, starts at the beginning and the group the game is in have players level 71 to 80. This group already have 100 participants. The first in the group has 2182 ectoplasms and the last has 5.
Main game, Android level 80, is up-to-date but not starts the event (0 ectoplasms) I`m waiting some time to start with main to know the group where be allocated. If I`m correct when start the event will be in a group with the same level players but the first place won`t have so much ectoplasm then I`ll tell you what happened.

The ectoplasm you have doesn't matter for the competition. You need to collect the reward on your progress to get grouped into 1 league.

to make it clearer:
366510D3-C3F2-4167-95E4-EC4E573EA7CD.png

My rating is none as I havent collected any reward:
A525D064-E5EB-4B18-9859-EBE69EFE347E.png

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03cds96a
Username
Stevo
whistlers,perhaps that is one way of making Gi look into this problem.
Whether they are to blame or not,if Windows users turn their backs on buying the bonuses,and,or refuse to get involved with new events,that may at least encourage Gi to at least look into the issue.
The last update came out on the Friday afternoon in the UK.However for reasons beyond mine or anyones else's control,I updated my game on the Sunday morning.Therefore I decided not to get involved with the Cinemania event.My decision,and probably won't be doing the Dark Skies event either.Again for different reasons than just late updates.
I personally don't like the way the game is going,mainly through paying to progress,or progress quicker.
That is just my opinion,I will continue to progress in my own game for now,but for how long,I do not know.

Top Bottom