Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Update 7.23 preview

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
I think theyre more focused on 8.0 at the moment. I would hope theyre using the upgrade to address various bugs, but Im not sure. It doesnt make sense for them to fix bugs on a version soon to be outdated
Right - no point putting bug fixing effort into a version that will be obsolete. They are coding two streams right now. I want the bulk of their resources making sure v8 is interesting and less buggy. V7 should be maintenance - keeping people interested until v8 comes out

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Right - no point putting bug fixing effort into a version that will be obsolete. They are coding two streams right now. I want the bulk of their resources making sure v8 is interesting and less buggy. V7 should be maintenance - keeping people interested until v8 comes out
Bingo!

Arch

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04gxsm0eq
Username
Arch
It's not a horrible format. Two things I don't like
1. getting the reward building the way we did. I think it should still be a result of completing the tasks

Personally, for me it felt like they just got the balance all wrong. I had my building within a couple of days and had hardly put a dent in completing the tasks (the 3 mask bug at start contributed to this). After that the tasks became something which I did just because they were there - and of course for the forum award :).

If the collecting of masks from different sources was better balanced then completing tasks could have had a meaningful contribution in advancing to level 20. I would actually still like if they weren't the only way to get to level 20 (and the building) as it does give people an option to brute force their way past the RNG gods.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Getting jackets from neighbor visits is a wise move to free up the event and getting the zombie pax flying again. For this event this year, making it a guaranteed drop is great. For future events, I would recommend one of 2 options:
1) They should give visiting the neighbor vaults an "often" drop rate like our own vaults, and make it count towards the 100 jackets for the task
2) They should make it always drop from neighbor visits, but the jackets collected in this fashion do not count. Only the jackets from your own vault would count towards the task, and they would maintain their current drop rate of "often"

Think I would prefer the 2nd option. It gives the player the chance to clear out the zombie pax if desired, but they still have to build their own vaults to complete the task if desired

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Getting jackets from neighbor visits is a wise move to free up the event and getting the zombie pax flying again. For this event this year, making it a guaranteed drop is great. For future events, I would recommend one of 2 options:
1) They should give visiting the neighbor vaults an "often" drop rate like our own vaults, and make it count towards the 100 jackets for the task
2) They should make it always drop from neighbor visits, but the jackets collected in this fashion do not count. Only the jackets from your own vault would count towards the task, and they would maintain their current drop rate of "often"

Think I would prefer the 2nd option. It gives the player the chance to clear out the zombie pax if desired, but they still have to build their own vaults to complete the task if desired
I disagree with the 2nd point because it favors people with land to put 6 vaults on. Putting other buildings in storage may not be an option - lots cost 4500 or more to store. I would like to see every event set up so that someone who is relatively new but works really hard can finish the events.

Edited to add

And also set up so that very seasoned players who put in very little effort can't finish :)

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Personally, for me it felt like they just got the balance all wrong. I had my building within a couple of days and had hardly put a dent in completing the tasks (the 3 mask bug at start contributed to this). After that the tasks became something which I did just because they were there - and of course for the forum award :).

If the collecting of masks from different sources was better balanced then completing tasks could have had a meaningful contribution in advancing to level 20. I would actually still like if they weren't the only way to get to level 20 (and the building) as it does give people an option to brute force their way past the RNG gods.
Great summary, and fully agree. I think that was the intent of the setup, but the initial bug gave us a bit of a head start. I think future events will be as intended...and the tasks will be more important. Basically, the 5 tasks have now become the "mission". They aren't necessary to get the reward building, but they certainly help along the way.
I still think using the tasks as a measure to get the forum badge is the best move, as it forces you to fully engage in the event, which involves the associated collections and flights.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I disagree with the 2nd point because it favors people with land to put 6 vaults on. Putting other buildings in storage may not be an option - lots cost 4500 or more to store. I would like to see every event set up so that someone who is relatively new but works really hard can finish the events.

Edited to add

And also set up so that very seasoned players who put in very little effort can't finish :)
Well remember, the point of the event is to build your vaults for your possessed pax, so you need vaults anyway. If we're going to bypass vault construction, then a key part of this event is lost, and maybe GI needs to re-visit the format to ensure that the reward can't be gathered without completing the tasks. This event is one of the best in terms of strategy (not my favorite by any means, but you have to strategize how you deal with your pax, dahshur flights, phantom in the wall collection, and straitjackets). This forces you to not just click and fly without any thought, or else you may end up in a jam. GI just failed to ensure that the process wouldnt be permanently locked up if one ran out of jackets.

Not having excess space is a bigger issue, and that should be addressed by different means (ensuring land purchase is reasonable for everyone is the real solution here). Also, if land is an issue, a player can put aside coins to ensure that he/she can swap event buildings in the warehouse. Buying some space that is dedicated for that would be a much wiser investment than having urban sprawl in my opinion.

I agree that the balance is wrong. The players that elect not to play the event will collect all of the bonuses regardless of their choice, simply because every action results in adding more masks. The only bonus in completing the (more difficult) tasks is a bonus lot of masks which only make the progress section easier :sleep: . The inability to spend the masks also serves to discourage anyone at the lower level of the competitions from bothering to continue with the event once the 20 progress levels are complete :unsure:.

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
I agree that the balance is wrong. The players that elect not to play the event will collect all of the bonuses regardless of their choice, simply because every action results in adding more masks. The only bonus in completing the (more difficult) tasks is a bonus lot of masks which only make the progress section easier :sleep: . The inability to spend the masks also serves to discourage anyone at the lower level of the competitions from bothering to continue with the event once the 20 progress levels are complete :unsure:.

Hmm, maybe that was the point all along. A few mystery super buildings and planes plus good but cheap bonuses for a small price - whether you do the event or not.

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
You have to redefine what « doing the « event means!
You don't have to do a single flight to event destinations, you don't have to build any vaults or collect a single straitjacket to get the reward building. The way it's currently set up, you can get the main building reward simply by tapping on commercial buildings.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Well said Bob. Found myself not caring for the event anymore except to use the straitjackets to fly to dahshur to empty out that zombie pax in preparation for next year

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Don’t think the machine remembers how many you had last year. Everyone started with zombie warehouse full. Think youre wasting fuel.
Is that so? I wasnt sure because I think I ended up near full last year. I remember that in the past the zombie pax count would remain frozen until the event resumes the following year. Maybe if someone who hasnt done the event before can confirm if their zombie terminal was full from the start, that would help a lot.

VdW

600+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03j2z0gz (PM me when adding, or your request might get deleted)
Username
VdW
Is that so? I wasnt sure because I think I ended up near full last year. I remember that in the past the zombie pax count would remain frozen until the event resumes the following year. Maybe if someone who hasnt done the event before can confirm if their zombie terminal was full from the start, that would help a lot.

Full. My support accounts never played this event, and they all have full terminal of zombies

Top Bottom