Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Upcoming Changes Regarding Private Messaging

I've previously mentioned this in another thread, and since then a lot of thought and research has gone into this.

Currently the Private Messaging (PM) system on the forum can't handle the sheer amount of PM's being sent. It's only designed for a brief message, however its currently being used for groups of people privately trading, launching and alliance groups.

Now I have no issue with these private groups, however its just a case of finding a solution which allows this to continue without costing me vast sums of money.

The proposed method is to move away from PM's and over to Private Threads. Not only will this solve my headache, but also provide all the extra features such as members being able to use 'Likes' etc which you can't in PM's.

It will be very simple, there will be new sections added to the forum like below:

Private Trading
Private Launches
Private Alliances

Within the Private section forum, Member A can create a thread. Member A will be the admin of that thread and as such can invite any other member to join that thread. Unless your invited to a thread, no-one else will be able to see the thread title or thread content. Basically its a PM that is much more resource friendly.

02threadcreate-png.138489

05threadaddremove-png.138492

Great idea!
Not that I would mind, but will admins and moderators be able to monitor these private threads?

That's a great point and something I forgot to mention.

Only admins will be able to see the content of the threads, but as they are private launches/trading and alliances - These will be of no interest to us.

Its now live. When you are logged into the forum, you should see a new section called Area 51.
G'day Dave, just curious if you've done a PIR (my world is filled with acronyms... a Post Implementation Review) on the changes. I know that just one thread I use, which used to be all PMs is at nearly 400 pages already. I'd expect that things are a little smoother now?

I've previously mentioned this in another thread, and since then a lot of thought and research has gone into this.

Currently the Private Messaging (PM) system on the forum can't handle the sheer amount of PM's being sent. It's only designed for a brief message, however its currently being used for groups of people privately trading, launching and alliance groups.

Now I have no issue with these private groups, however its just a case of finding a solution which allows this to continue without costing me vast sums of money.

The proposed method is to move away from PM's and over to Private Threads. Not only will this solve my headache, but also provide all the extra features such as members being able to use 'Likes' etc which you can't in PM's.

It will be very simple, there will be new sections added to the forum like below:

Private Trading
Private Launches
Private Alliances

Within the Private section forum, Member A can create a thread. Member A will be the admin of that thread and as such can invite any other member to join that thread. Unless your invited to a thread, no-one else will be able to see the thread title or thread content. Basically its a PM that is much more resource friendly.

02threadcreate-png.138489

05threadaddremove-png.138492
Great job (y)

Top Bottom