Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

The Sands of Time Quest

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
UPDATED WITH NEW MAP INFORMATION, THE LOUVRE, SPHINX, COLOSSEUM INFO & GOLD CHEST INFO -- December 25, 2013

This quest arrived with the update that brought the Thanksgiving Day Quest. It appears to be a continuation of the Aztec Legacy, Guardians of the Forest and The Ancient World quests from earlier in the year.

The new collections are:

Roman Holiday
image.jpg

Seated Hermes -- drops from flights to Constantinople (seldom)
Capitoline Wolf -- drops from flights to Carthage (seldom)
Capitoline Brutus -- drops from flights to Veii (seldom)
Furietti Centaurs -- drops from flights to Ephesus (seldom)
Equestrian Statue of Marcus Aurelius -- drops from flights to Merida (seldom)
Complete and get Augustus of Prima Porta plus a Large Bronze Chest. Complete six times and get Colosseum:

Colosseum.jpg

Size: 3x3
Construction time: 24 hours or one greenie
Benefits: Produces one collectible item per day PLUS adds 50 to maximum population

Riddles of the Pharaohs
image.jpg

Pschent -- drops from flights to Cairo (seldom)
Nemes -- drops from flights to Memphis (seldom)
Royal Crook -- drops from flights to Luxor (seldom)
Royal Flail -- drops from flights to Kom Ombo (seldom)
Was Sceptre -- drops from flights to Heliopolis (seldom)
Complete and get Sarcophagus plus a Large Bronze Chest. Complete six times and get Sphinx.

Sands of Time
image.jpg

Sacred Mask -- complete Aztec Legacy collection
Druid Horoscope -- complete Guardians of the Forest collection
Chariot of Zeus -- complete The Ancient World collection
Augustus of Prima Porta -- complete the Roman Holiday collection
Sarcophagus -- complete Riddles of the Pharaohs collection
Complete and get Sky Captain Bonus plus a Golden Chest. Complete six times and get The Louvre.
Louvre.jpg

Contents of Golden Chest: 3 Gold Tokens, 10 Silver Tokens, Fuel (159) and two items needed for spaceship launch program:
image.jpg

New Excavation Destinations
Excavations: Mesoamerica -- Turboprop / stars at 20-50-100 / 6 hour flight / 20 fuel / 38 passengers / requires Excavations Map: Mesoamerica / drops Map Chest of Mesoamerica (seldom)
Excavations: Ancient Rome -- Jet / stars at 20-50-100 / 6 hour flight / 24 fuel / 80 passengers / requires Excavations Map: Ancient Rome / drops Map Chest of Ancient Rome (seldom)
Excavations: Stonehenge -- Delta / stars at 20-50-100 / 6 hour flight / 35 fuel / 160 passengers / requires Excavations Map: Stonehenge / drops Map Chest of Stonehenge (seldom)
Excavations: Ancient Egypt -- Powerful Delta / stars at 20-50-100 / 6 hour flight / 42 fuel / 260 passengers / requires Excavations Map: Ancient Egypt / drops Map Chest of Ancient Egypt (seldom)
Excavations: The Ancient World -- Jumbo / stars at 20-50-100 / 6 hour flight / 48 fuel / 380 passengers / requires Excavations Map: The Ancient World / drops Map Chest of The Ancient World (seldom)

New Destinations
Ancient Rome
Constantinople -- Jet / stars at 20-50-100 / 6 hour flight / 24 fuel / 80 passengers / 50 fuel to speed up / drops Seated Hermes (seldom)​
Carthage -- Jet / stars at 20-50-100 / 6 hour flight / 24 fuel / 80 passengers / 50 fuel to speed up / drops Capitoline Wolf (seldom)​
Veii -- Jet / stars at 20-50-100 / 6 hour flight / 24 fuel / 80 passengers / 50 fuel to speed up / drops Capitoline Brutus (seldom)​
Ephesus -- Jet / stars at 20-50-100 / 6 hour flight / 24 fuel / 80 passengers / 50 fuel to speed up / drops Furietti Cenaurs (seldom)​
Merida -- Jet / stars at 20-50-100 / 6 hour flight / 24 fuel / 80 passengers / 50 fuel to speed up / drops Equestrian Statue of Marcus Aurelius (seldom)​
Ancient Egypt
Cairo -- Powerful Delta / stars at 20-50-100 / 6 hour flight / 42 fuel / 260 passengers / 84 fuel to speed up / drops Pschent (seldom)​
Memphis -- Powerful Delta / stars at 20-50-100 / 6 hour flight / 42 fuel / 260 passengers / 84 fuel to speed up / drops Nemes (seldom)​
Luxor -- Powerful Delta / stars at 20-50-100 / 6 hour flight / 42 fuel / 260 passengers / 84 fuel to speed up / drops Royal Crook (seldom)​
Kom Ombo -- Powerful Delta / stars at 20-50-100 / 6 hour flight / 42 fuel / 260 passengers / 84 fuel to speed up / drops Royal Flail (seldom)​
Heliopolis -- Powerful Delta / stars at 20-50-100 / 6 hour flight / 42 fuel / 260 passengers / 84 fuel to speed up / drops Was Sceptre (seldom)​
Soon at the Airship Store:
Mesoamerica (Aztec Pyramid):
20 Excavations Maps for 2,000 coins each​
Excavation Map Set for five greenies (20 items required for Excavations flight)​
Map Set of Mesoamerica for twelve greenies (three random maps to one of the destinations)​
Ancient Rome:
Excavation Map Set for five greenies (20 items required for Excavations flight)​
Map Set of Ancient Rome for twelve greenies (three random maps to one of the destinations)​
Stonehenge (Stonehenge):
Map Set of Stonehenge for twelve greenies (three random maps to one of the destinations)​
Ancient Egypt:
Map Set of Ancient Egypt for twelve greenies (three random maps to one of the destinations)​
Ancient World (Ancient Greek Temple):
Map Set of Ancient World for twelve greenies (three random maps to one of the destinations)​

And we're off!

More information as it develops.

Cheers,
Tom

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 154
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
Username
Iphone: Jpjpjp999; Ipad: Jpjpjp4; Android: Jpjpjp2
For the guide: you need the airship-dock before flights are released (wanted to try a few flights on my gift-game, but no dock)

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
azqldw2
Username
.Shinobi273
The Large Bronze Chest gives: 50 fuel, 1 Gold Token, 6? Silver Tokens (who the F cares about silver right?), and a Lab Notebook for launches (in case we are ever in danger of running out?).

Pretty decent of GI to allow non-hackers/glitchers to get gold tokens I guess. Unfortunate that those who already have all the Adventure collections already. Anyone know if the 10 build limit has been reduced?

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
Nice update Tom - What quest or time have you found provided the best drops whilst using Sky Captain bonus? I haven't used one yet in all the time I've been playing this game.
Pakman,
I've tried the Sky Captain bonus a couple time, but I got the best results by buying Golden Dice for four greenies. For example:
18 Athens flights landed / 8 Helmet of Athena drops
18 Delphi flights landed / 10 Trident drops
19 Thebes flight landed / 13 Hammer drops
20 Troy flights landed / 12 Sandle drops
22 Sparta flights landed / 15 Girdle drops
Five more days until the Airship arrives and we find out.
Cheers,
Tom

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a541hyo
Username
lukehome
Just before last update I have collected my last 2 pyramids what gives 12 collections of course without bronze chest.... shit :/

As greensmith wrote, my Golden Dice bonuses gave me drop rate by 50-65 % of attempts.

Deetee04

1500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Deetee03
Username
Deetee03
Since friday I completed 29 flights to Ancient Rome and 20 to Ancient Egypt. I have used 2 golden dices and after that a normal dice. I can tell you all: it made NO difference from using nothing. Droprate for the maps is around 1 out of 6.
Untill now I collected maps for Veii, Efeze(2), Merida(3), Luxor and Cairo. I will use them later, run out of greenies (for golden dices, they work well for collections) so have to wait for the 300% sale.

Deetee04

1500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Deetee03
Username
Deetee03
Bali Hi, not 29, I bought 49 of them..... 29 to Ancient Rome and 20 to Ancient Egypt. I was hoping for a better droprate for the Roman Holiday and Riddles of the Pharaohs Collections than buying chests with maps at Duke's soon.
I think Duke will offer a chest with 3 random maps for the collections for 18 greenies so I hoped I found a cheaper way. But I've learned my lessons, my way is probably not the best, not even with using both dices.
And yes, each map for the Excavations is only valid for 1 flight! And the droprate from that flights so far is 1 out of 6. Now waiting what Duke has to offer........

Since friday I completed 29 flights to Ancient Rome and 20 to Ancient Egypt. I have used 2 golden dices and after that a normal dice. I can tell you all: it made NO difference from using nothing. Droprate for the maps is around 1 out of 6.
Untill now I collected maps for Veii, Efeze(2), Merida(3), Luxor and Cairo. I will use them later, run out of greenies (for golden dices, they work well for collections) so have to wait for the 300% sale.

Thanks for the heads up on the crap drop rates - sorry you wasted 49 greenies as a guinea pig!.

greensmith - Tom, I might try the Sky Captain bonus to gauge whether that makes any difference. Also agree with Bali Hi - let's see what the Duke is offering in terms of maps! before start buying them for a greenie a piece.

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
Just to be clear, I believe there are only two new destination groups:
1. Ancient Rome (Constantinople, Carthage, Veii, Ephesus and Merida)​
2. Ancient Egypt (Cairo, Nemes, Luxor, Kom Ombo and Heliopolis)​
The Aztec Legacy collection (reward: Aztec Pyramid), Guardians of the Forest (reward: Stonehenge) and The Ancient World (reward: Ancient Greek Temple) are old quests covered in other threads.
Cheers,
Tom

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
Sent nine Jets to Excavations: Ancient Rome. When they came back I sent them all out again. Called two back right away and sent those out again. Scorecard: Out of 11 landings, 0 Map Chests. That's zero ... nothing ... nada. And that was with a Golden Dice bonus. Hope the last nine Jets drop at least one Chest.
Update: Got three Map Chests from the last nine Jets without a Golden Dice bonus.
Cheers,
Tom

Just to be clear, I believe there are only two new destination groups:
1. Ancient Rome (Constantinople, Carthage, Veii, Ephesus and Merida)​
2. Ancient Egypt (Cairo, Nemes, Luxor, Kom Ombo and Heliopolis)​
The Aztec Legacy collection (reward: Aztec Pyramid), Guardians of the Forest (reward: Stonehenge) and The Ancient World (reward: Ancient Greek Temple) are old quests covered in other threads.
Cheers,
Tom

So what you are saying is that if you already have the Pyramid / Stonehenge / Greek Temple, you should skip the Turboprop, Delta, Jumbo Excavation destinations and proceed to the Jet & Powerful Delta destinations?

I should have read this before I sold off the Jets :(.

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
So what you are saying is that if you already have the Pyramid / Stonehenge / Greek Temple, you should skip the Turboprop, Delta, Jumbo Excavation destinations and proceed to the Jet & Powerful Delta destinations?
I should have read this before I sold off the Jets :(.
Bali Hi,
Go your Collections chest, then Adventure, then Sands of Time. If you have six Sacred Masks, Druid Horoscopes and Chariots of Zeus then you are three-fifths of the way towards earning The Louvre. If you don't have at least six of these, you will need to fly to those destinations.
Cheers,
Tom

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a541hyo
Username
lukehome
Sent nine Jets to Excavations: Ancient Rome. When they came back I sent them all out again. Called two back right away and sent those out again. Scorecard: Out of 11 landings, 0 Map Chests. That's zero ... nothing ... nada. And that was with a Golden Dice bonus. Hope the last nine Jets drop at least one Chest.
Cheers,
Tom

Maybe we should try with Spyglass, what do you think?
I haven't tested it but I will do it next week.

Top Bottom