Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

The Kitchen and Drinks Cabinet

It’s hot in Lisbon, some 39°C, it calls for a fresh light lunch. A cold gazpacho, Spanish style, and a simple sandwich: rustic bread, cheese, red onion chutney and sliced tomato. On my backyard, watching my cats playing
Oh my... I request that gazpacho recipe please! :D
I still dream of the gazpacho I had while visiting Madrid in the middle of summer. 🤤 I have not found a recipe that replicates that perfection.

Device
  1. Android
Username
JessieFernandez
Did you consider laying the cabinets on their backs and joining them together first, then putting them in place? I am working on my kitchen now and doing that saved me a lot of trouble leveling because the cabinets are now essentially one large unit.

Oh my... I request that gazpacho recipe please! :D
I still dream of the gazpacho I had while visiting Madrid in the middle of summer. 🤤 I have not found a recipe that replicates that perfection.
The secret for a good gazpacho lies on ripe, aromatic and fresh red tomatoes.

The rest is history... and I simply can't give you a recipe as I do it all without measures

some tomatoes, white sweet onion, cucumber, green bell pepper, garlic. save some of the veggies, finely minced
I peel the tomatoes using boiling water (some people don't peel them, but I like to do it)
some people take the seeds and juice away, I really don't care and use the whole thing
More tomatoes than any of the rest, maybe 2:1
salt, olive oil, vinegar, some oregano (I just love that herb, we use it a lot in the Alentejo region), ice cold water (just to get the right consistency, thicker or thinner, the way it pleases you most)
I'm not forgetting the black pepper, as I don't use it in this soup
sometimes I use the hand blender, some others the jug one
But I really can't be more precise about quantities. When I feel it's not balanced, I add what I think is missing...
Serve it chilled, minced veggies and bread croutons as toppings
I guess my spanish neighbors don't use minced fresh coriander as a topping, but I always use some if I have
Sorry for not having a proper recipe

I found one on the net that seems good, you may give a try.
I don't fancy any other toppings besides the ones I've mentioned (minced tomato, cucumber and green bell pepper, bread croutons, fresh coriander), but you can try some of her suggestions

as a curiosity, portuguese gaspacho (gaspacho à alentejana) is a similar soup, in terms of ingredients, but with a very different texture: everything is diced, as a salad, seasoned, and finally some ice cold water is added, together with slices of rustic, two-days-old bread.

ArditoDesio

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03yxi0uma
Username
Ardito Desio
Just returned from a business trip to Umbria (Italy). I tried a typical dish: finely chopped lamb heart and lungs, cooked in tomato sauce and herbs. Accompaniment: red Sagrantino wine (also typical of the area)

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Late afternoon Sunday lunch for today - slow roast shoulder of beef, crispy roast saffron potato's, mixed green salad with balsamic vinaigrette dressing, fresh baked bread and homemade onion gravy and something suitable to drink with the meal.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Top Bottom