Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Setting for opting out of "Alliance Mission"

I think there should be a setting to allow an alliance member to opt not to participate in an "Alliance Mission"/ I make this suggestion because I've seen alliances were people don't participate for various reasons and this can ruin the prize for people that do participate.

For example, if I'm in an alliance with 3 other people, only two actually complete tasks in the mission, than the Maximum Prize (assuming all 3 task are completed" would be 8 alliance points and the "First Class" bonus. But this 50% figure is unrealistic as many people can not complete all of their alliance mission tasks.

This can also be helpful for people that will be away from the game for a while or in some temporary situation where they know they will NOT be able to participate in the weekly challange. And I also think it is a bit unfair to judge an alliance when there is an "quest" when people are pressed by the game to join an alliance with a "quest" to build an "Alliance Office" and "Join an alliance."

I make this suggestion because I participate in the "Alliance Mission" usually completing all tasks. I once was in an alliance with four people and 2 were clearly not pulling their weight. Then another person was added and they did not participate either. I realized what was happening and just before the deadline, I quit that alliance and switched to another. It may not been the right approach but it's easy to play Monday Morning Quarterback.

I got the idea for this suggestion from another game with a group challange called "Township".

I think there should be a setting to allow an alliance member to opt not to participate in an "Alliance Mission"/ I make this suggestion because I've seen alliances were people don't participate for various reasons and this can ruin the prize for people that do participate.
That’s why it’s called an alliance- and the alliance mentality, in general, is what makes this game great.
it requires groups to work together to achieve a collective goal.

- If someone is away, then others need to step up to fill the gap.
- if someone joins and then does nothing, they aren’t your ally, they are a parasit.
- the ability to complete 3 tasks is not supposed to be easy, hence the reward. Many people might think they can’t complete any more than they’re doing. Lots of the would be wrong. Find an ally to provide advice on ways to change your fleet structure.
- almost all side quest buildings are a waste of time and part of the game to add a bit more interest and an extra challenge for those that feel inclined.
- anyone who joins an alliance simply to claim the side quest prize should do the right thing and collect the prize and then leave the alliance immediately-if they don’t, see dot point 3. Any alliance leader that leaves the settings open for anyone to join should consider transferring the leadership to someone who knows how to lead 🤪🤣.
- an alliance (back to my opening sentence) is about looking out for each other, assisting each other and maintaining a healthy level of respect for each other. If a 4 person group has 2 active and 2 poor members, it may be easier to jump and run, but what about your ally that’s left on their lonesome?
- any alliance that cannot communicate with each other should consider themselves lucky, not good.

You should have better luck in the alliance threads in this forum - choose well and your desire for the “opt out” button will be far less significant for you ;).

Last edited:
First off, I did not suggest this "opt out: button for my own sake. I actually completed all three tasks yesterday or the day before. And if anything, I've probably transported a multiple of people that the alliance transported (I looked at the stats). So please, don't imoly that I am NOT pulling my weight. In any case, I can't communicate with the alliance leader (there's no chat in the game) and I also have more stars than the alliance leader as well as a higher level. I took what I could get from the GUI because I didn't know about the alliance forum at the time I made my call. This having been said, the game SHOULD not be pressing people to join an alliance with a "quest" that requires you to join an alliance. And it also unfortunate that some buildings require an alliance membership such as the bank, pawn-shop, tax collection, etc. In any case, we have to realize that people will be paradigms of virtue. Perhaps, an alliance should be more of an "option" rather than a "mandate: in this game.

First off, I did not suggest this "opt out: button for my own sake. I actually completed all three tasks yesterday or the day before. And if anything, I've probably transported a multiple of people that the alliance transported (I looked at the stats). So please, don't imoly that I am NOT pulling my weight. In any case, I can't communicate with the alliance leader (there's no chat in the game) and I also have more stars than the alliance leader as well as a higher level. I took what I could get from the GUI because I didn't know about the alliance forum at the time I made my call. This having been said, the game SHOULD not be pressing people to join an alliance with a "quest" that requires you to join an alliance. And it also unfortunate that some buildings require an alliance membership such as the bank, pawn-shop, tax collection, etc. In any case, we have to realize that people will be paradigms of virtue. Perhaps, an alliance should be more of an "option" rather than a "mandate: in this game.
An alliance is an option. You dont want one, don’t join. There is ZERO obligation. If it’s to buy a building, make your own alliance of 1!

Alright, that idea of "alliance of 1" is an idea I am considering but that belongs to a different thread.

I'm not complaining so much about being an alliance but rather, I am expressing a concern that people are being pressed by the game into joining an alliance that they don't desire or even understand and alliances and their member suffer as result of that game pressure. Ideally, quests such as "Join an alliance" should have button that says "No thanks, I'm not interested" without being penalized (cost X greenies) for the refusal. What I mean is that the item should be dropped as one of the "quests" if the player says "No". And some buildings such the bank should NOT require alliance membership.

Alright, that idea of "alliance of 1" is an idea I am considering but that belongs to a different thread.

I'm not complaining so much about being an alliance but rather, I am expressing a concern that people are being pressed by the game into joining an alliance that they don't desire or even understand and alliances and their member suffer as result of that game pressure. Ideally, quests such as "Join an alliance" should have button that says "No thanks, I'm not interested" without being penalized (cost X greenies) for the refusal. What I mean is that the item should be dropped as one of the "quests" if the player says "No". And some buildings such the bank should NOT require alliance membership.
Yes but they could always join an alliance then leave. Just like you build a building and sell it, or buy a plane and drop it. Noone is obliging them to stay in . Thats a game choice.

It's an interesting argument but I would turn it around and say, you should NOT be pressured into joining an alliance just so you can then quit that alliance. I would argue that the "Join an alliance" quest item is pressure since you have no obvious "NO, not interested" button. The situation might be akin to an earlier absurdity I ran into where I had to buy a second "Owl" just so I could sell it to get that "quest" item off of my "todo" list.

It's an interesting argument but I would turn it around and say, you should NOT be pressured into joining an alliance just so you can then quit that alliance. I would argue that the "Join an alliance" quest item is pressure since you have no obvious "NO, not interested" button. The situation might be akin to an earlier absurdity I ran into where I had to buy a second "Owl" just so I could sell it to get that "quest" item off of my "todo" list.
Wait till you get further on in the game and the same thing happens! Accept it happens or you’ll drive yourself potty later on. It’s part of the game. But you could have waited for the owl, as maybe the next event you can fly owl destinations and will have to buy one. Would have saved you money!

Alright, the Owl situation was this and it was a LONG time ago. I only mentioned it now to point out an "absurdity". It would be helpful if you could actually "delete" quest items you have no intention of doing.

If you curious, the story at THAT time was this. I had gotten an "Owl51" airplane somehow. I bought what I had thought was a second "Owl" but that was NOT counted in the quest item "Buy a second Owl so that you always have two" even though an Owl51 goes to the same destinations as a regular "Owl" (the only difference is that an Owl51 is faster(. So I had to buy a second regular "Owl" just so I could sell it since as I pointed out, I didn't actually need that second regular "Owl" But I wanted to get that "Buy a second Owl" item off the "todo" list since I was adding some "Hawk" airplanes.

Alright, the Owl situation was this and it was a LONG time ago. I only mentioned it now to point out an "absurdity". It would be helpful if you could actually "delete" quest items you have no intention of doing.

If you curious, the story at THAT time was this. I had gotten an "Owl51" airplane somehow. I bought what I had thought was a second "Owl" but that was NOT counted in the quest item "Buy a second Owl so that you always have two" even though an Owl51 goes to the same destinations as a regular "Owl" (the only difference is that an Owl51 is faster(. So I had to buy a second regular "Owl" just so I could sell it since as I pointed out, I didn't actually need that second regular "Owl" But I wanted to get that "Buy a second Owl" item off the "todo" list since I was adding some "Hawk" airplanes.
Following the side threads somewhere along the line you’ll have to buy a swift! Get used to it. They make you jump all over the place, buying, building, selling. It’s a game. Have fun and laugh about it! Less stressful! 🤣

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
Following the side threads somewhere along the line you’ll have to buy a swift! Get used to it. They make you jump all over the place, buying, building, selling. It’s a game. Have fun and laugh about it! Less stressful! 🤣
Literally just done that in a support game. Does my nut in 😨

Awesomerowend

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03x4wkss3
Username
Bertus ZA
I consider the side quests a rough guide, not a be all and end all. And as time pass you are likely to tick them off one by one , either incidentally or deliberately.

As for alliances, I joined an alliance at the start, figured out what it was and how it worked and then included in my game strategy a future move to an alliance that would suit me. And when the right opportunity arose, I made the move.

My old alliance leader disowned me, but 4 of my old alliance neighbors are still friends and 2 of them are regular trading partners.

Either I adapt to the GI game structure, or I accept it or in worst case I leave. And I don’t consider alliance tasks an issue big enough to leave the game - if i were in your shoes I would bide my time and find an alliance that better suits me. But I’m not and it’s all your decision 😁

I’m guessing the side quest for the Duty Free building hasn’t come up yet? That’s the biggest crime of them all.it should read, “give back a 2x2 plot of land to GI”

Top Bottom