Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Server issues

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
We are enough already facing GI. And we run here because it is like a big family. We can share everything. And guess now, we become GI now. One direction decisions.

Robby Kusuma
Yulee
The recent changes were made to make the forum easier to navigate and simpler to use.
The iOS daily trade thread and the Android daily trade thread were combined because the games are 99% identical and most of us posted in both to reach our iOS and Android neighbors. Then we had to check two threads every day to create our neighbor gift list. One thread is more efficient than two. When forum members were asked in a poll for their opinion, a vast majority supported this change.
Almost all of the Chat topic was taken up by launch posts. So it made sense to create a new topic specifically for launches -- one thread for Apogee (green), one thread for Prometheus (blue), one thread for Lunar (red) and one thread for Quantum Leap adventures. Launches are one of the most important aspects of the game and one that requires a lot of neighbor-to-neighbor interaction. This separate topic gives launches the place of importance they deserve.
Yes, there are changes, and change is rarely easy in the short-run. But I strongly believe that these changes will make the forum better in the long-run.
Cheers,
Tom

Device
  1. Android
I will always support with any changes to make better. Even now I agree with how you manage the launch. But how you can discuss in the mergering the daily thread for iOS and Androinld, and on the other side, you just close and open new thread for launch without discussion? And suddenly I got an email with Capitals and close the thread like I did something wrong. I need more explanation about how Cosmic acted. I can not accept this. And of course, I believe you can continuou without me. This forum would not mind to loose me.

eat007

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ahkdwlo , 04fsgyc9
Username
erik1itemneeded, erik2itemneeded
Relax Robby, it's christmas. What happened to lol ? This is a forum with a lot of members. I'm also with the 'airport city the talk' forum, but that one is smaller. Not so much going on.
Don't leave, you'll feel better tomorrow.

Cheers
Erik

Device
  1. Android
I just talked to Flip eat. I guess I am not a forum guy. After what happen to German forum, and now here, I will stay away from the forum. I can follow the rules. But the one with the rules, always dissapoint me. Like this, no explanations, one way executions. Explain, inform and I will understand and follow.

So now, if you open a new thelread, how many replies allowed? What is the rule now? I don't want to make a new one and suddenly closed again. Or, admin make the thread now? I need explanation. Please.

Robby Kusuma, please do not be so upset about this change. You have just graduated to become a well-known member of the forum, please do stick around.

Cosmic Blue was simply doing some housekeeping, which he /she does from time to time. In retrospect, perhaps a few days warning before closing a legitimate & frequently read thread would be welcome.

I will continue to look forward to your famous QL party announcement on the QL thread.

Neil ellor

1300+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
Captain tneil, 044gapqe
Username
Captain tneil, Captain Ne2
Robby Kusuma, please do not be so upset about this change. You have just graduated to become a well-known member of the forum, please do stick around.

Cosmic Blue was simply doing some housekeeping, which he /she does from time to time. In retrospect, perhaps a few days warning before closing a legitimate & frequently read thread would be welcome.

I will continue to look forward to your famous QL party announcement on the QL thread.

Robby we need guys like you to stick it up GI not beat ourselves up, please stick around:):D:ROFLMAO:(y)

Device
  1. Android
First time I joined this forum, first player I asked to add me was Flip. She event did not want to add me. She said I don't have signature. I even told her that I have 10 planetariums both..... And She still rejected me. Nobody ever rejected me except Flip . So, it it hard for me in the beginning to make a friends. I joined party and somebody called me hijacker . So I made my own thread, by offering what I am special at. And now, my thread was increasing so fast and many friends I have, I was so happy till this morning. Before it was closed with Capitals word.

I will stay. But now I don't know what to do. Make a new thread or what?

pegasus

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03u8wc0u
Username
Pegasus Sue
Robby we need guys like you to stick it up GI not beat ourselves up, please stick around:):D:ROFLMAO:(y)
I agree here. @Robby, Keep Calm and please keep on joining us :), would hate to see you leave here, I am sure it was an oversight in the way the message was posted and perhaps it could have been more informative, however we all have our moments and the spirit of this forum is always that of being in good spirit and welcoming to all. After all this is a game which is enjoyed all the more through this forum and your daily QL parties.

eat007

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ahkdwlo , 04fsgyc9
Username
Robby, maybe for today and tmrw just put it under the ql adventures thread? Later when things have settled down, perhaps you can make a new one.

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
Username
Iphone: Jpjpjp999; Ipad: Jpjpjp4; Android: Jpjpjp2
First time I joined this forum, first player I asked to add me was Flip. She event did not want to add me. She said I don't have signature. I even told her that I have 10 planetariums both..... And She still rejected me. Nobody ever rejected me except Flip . So, it it hard for me in the beginning to make a friends.

LOL, yes I remember....add me, if you don't like my airport you can delete me.... Please add me.... I needed to ask several times what the names of his airports were.... And I didn't add you directly, I first helped you to get a signature :) (profile Posts can still be read)

And what to do? Try the new QL thread? The thread will not created by you, but the type of Posts will be the same.... Informal

Yulee

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Yulee , Yulee 2
Username
Yulee , Yulee 2
First time I joined this forum, first player I asked to add me was Flip. She event did not want to add me. She said I don't have signature. I even told her that I have 10 planetariums both..... And She still rejected me. Nobody ever rejected me except Flip . So, it it hard for me in the beginning to make a friends. I joined party and somebody called me hijacker . So I made my own thread, by offering what I am special at. And now, my thread was increasing so fast and many friends I have, I was so happy till this morning. Before it was closed with Capitals word.

Robby Kusuma, just post your QL Party on this thread https://www.airportcitygame.com/index.php?threads/quantum-leap-adventures.6730/

Save me from Red, i'm stuck on Red LoL

First time I joined this forum, first player I asked to add me was Flip. She event did not want to add me. She said I don't have signature. I even told her that I have 10 planetariums both..... And She still rejected me. Nobody ever rejected me except Flip .

Robby, flip123 is one of the nicest & most generous players on the forum, but I admit she is curt to forum newbies ;) and #$%@#$ guests who don't sign up

I don't usually accept new forum members too, because I have too many neighbours. I stick with the true and tested, and those who posts frequently on the forum.

I did decided to add you though, mainly because of your profile pic, which I though was really cool (y).
BTW, you never told me you had 10 planetariums.

Morning all, not quite sure what ive walked into here!

First of all, none of these changes are server related. The server were running on in absolutely fine now (y) All were trying to do is make the forum much easier to navigate for people. As mentioned, the launches are quite a big part of the game so it makes sense to have them listed in their own forum.

As for the closing of the thread, each thread had well over 1000 posts in each! That's a huge amount of posts. I'm of the opinion along with the rest of the team that smaller, manageable threads make it easier for everyone.

Robby, Im sure Cosmic didnt mean to offend you and I hope you change your mind and decide to stay. Your a valued member of the forum. If your launches dont fit into any of the pre-created threads in the new lauch forum, your more then welcome to create a new one.

Device
  1. Android
Hello Gt, my fave. Are you going to close this thread too because not related? Lol
I understand what Cosmic did, but why no explanation first.
Now look, nobody post in the new thread.
I will not make another one and that he or she close again.
Is it 1000 now is the limit?

Bali Hi, I remember too.... Hahahahaha... Thank you. It is easy to make. I can do Keep Calm and Visit Bali..... For you.

I love the change and I will follow. But will not open the new one until the Rules is clear.
I stay Calm and Keep Play. In the meantime, red is open. Lol

eat007

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ahkdwlo , 04fsgyc9
Username
Hi Dave, maybe just a suggestion here. Any thread that Robby will open will soon have a 1000 posts. So closing those threads is maybe not the best option. Can't you do archiving? Say, posts of more than a month (or 2) old in the threads get archived. Hardly anybody will look in those old messages, but the original thread can remain open and if necessary any old message can still be found in the archive. Tamildv uses this technique in the http://airportcity.the-talk.net forum. That works very well.
I think the real issue here is that closing a thread,especially a personal one, is like a slap in the face. Even with the best intentions that doesn't go down well.
Having said all this, I do like the new set up with the separate section for launches. (y). And now I better make myself a signature , otherwise Flip won't have me a a neighbor :)

Greetings and Merry xmas from (lazy) Erik

When a thread is closed, it is not intended to be disrespectful to the original poster or anyone that has posted within that thread. It is simply to make the thread more manageable.

There is no hard and fast rule for a thread size, however a thread with over 1000 posts is very large. When a new thread is created, its simply a continuation of the original thread.

Robby Kusuma , No one is against you, were just trying to make this forum easier for people to navigate and join in.

Top Bottom