Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Remove the 100 item limit

Blue Aero

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Blue Aero
I do not have the limit on my main account but my support account does -- How can someone get enough landing lamps saved to complete alliance missions? This is total garbage on GI's part and has forced me to keep only powerful propeller driven airplanes on my support account so I don't have to be continually going after landing lamps instead of flying alliance missions. With the powerful propeller driven I don't need any special items and can complete the alliance missions although it has limited that game to what it can do (no airship dock for one)

I thought GI would have removed this stupidity by now so people can stock up on items before flying to destinations they want to fly to. This has put the newer games at an extreme disadvantage of being able to get a high weekly rank in most destinations - I thought GI cared about fairness for all players??? Does not appear that they do.

LjGibbs

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
I don't know how it's worked out. I've got 3 Giants, 3 Jumbo's and only 1 Falcon and 1 S1 PD (plus PP's I buy for alliance task Sunday) this hasn't changed for weeks but I only get PP, Falcon and Jumbo destination tasks in the alliance. Somebody will know how it works but I don't :confused:

I don't know how it's worked out. I've got 3 Giants, 3 Jumbo's and only 1 Falcon and 1 S1 PD (plus PP's I buy for alliance task Sunday) this hasn't changed for weeks but I only get PP, Falcon and Jumbo destination tasks in the alliance. Somebody will know how it works but I don't :confused:

Alliance tasks go as follows:
First Task : destination of your smallest plane.
Second Task : destination of your largest plane
Third Task : destination of the plane you have most of.

The number of flights depend on your game level.
If I have 1 or 2 PPD, the first task is still 78 flights. I dont know about third task, coz I never finished that. :)

LjGibbs

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Excellent, thank you for that @fertob that would make sense now as I have another Jumbo in the Hanger I'd forgotten about so I actually have four of those not three (y).

If I start the first alliance task with 1 PP or 2 in the hangers I still get 112 flights to complete.

If I have 1 or 2 PPD, the first task is still 78 flights. I dont know about third task, coz I never finished that. :)

Also if you have an alliance that is not full your flight numbers will go up.
I believe this is still true but have not been below full for a while so perhaps this has been
changed.

As for having 1 or 2 of a type of plane that definitely does not matter. If a difference was seen
either your alliance fell below full or perhaps you were watching the numbers when GI adjusted
the flight numbers down on their side a few weeks ago.

Oh forgot to mention you can also get a wrong flight for your 2nd task. I always
get a delta task though I have only had jets for months. I tried quite a few things
to try and get the correct 2nd task but to no avail.

Also if you have an alliance that is not full your flight numbers will go up.
I believe this is still true but have not been below full for a while so perhaps this has been
changed.

As for having 1 or 2 of a type of plane that definitely does not matter. If a difference was seen
either your alliance fell below full or perhaps you were watching the numbers when GI adjusted
the flight numbers down on their side a few weeks ago.

Oh forgot to mention you can also get a wrong flight for your 2nd task. I always
get a delta task though I have only had jets for months. I tried quite a few things

I'm sure this is a much lower level comment but I feel like GI makes it so you "must" spend money if you want to compete. I have an Alliance task of 34 Cape Town Jumbo flights. I happen to have 1 active Jumbo Ranger from the last event (I can't afford the oil or passengers to fly all the ones in storage) so it makes it impossible to meet the goal without adding/purchasing more jumbos or speeding up flights to make pass the 3/day or 21/week limit.

I'm sure this is a much lower level comment but I feel like GI makes it so you "must" spend money if you want to compete. I have an Alliance task of 34 Cape Town Jumbo flights. I happen to have 1 active Jumbo Ranger from the last event (I can't afford the oil or passengers to fly all the ones in storage) so it makes it impossible to meet the goal without adding/purchasing more jumbos or speeding up flights to make pass the 3/day or 21/week limit.

No doubt that is their goal. I can imagine the frustration at lower levels. I recall high level players
talking of buying and selling planes weekly. I thought how can they do that I will never be able
to save up coins for my regular upgrades if I do so. Then as I got higher up had most upgrades I
currently wanted I saw it really wasn't a problem. Just this week I sold off 4 powerful deltas and
replaced them with jets. :p

No doubt that is their goal. I can imagine the frustration at lower levels. I recall high level players
talking of buying and selling planes weekly. I thought how can they do that I will never be able
to save up coins for my regular upgrades if I do so. Then as I got higher up had most upgrades I
currently wanted I saw it really wasn't a problem. Just this week I sold off 4 powerful deltas and
replaced them with jets. :p

There was an initial frustration but as a free player (not spending real money) this is just a game I like.... I am a pilot so this game is interesting to me! However, there is enough game play and things to do at my level to keep the interest going and being a part of this forum is great! I don't know if that will be the case at a higher level however it seems like there is plenty to do for a long long time in this game!

andy8758

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03574n8b
Username
Andy8758
Alliance tasks go as follows:

I am not sure the formula is that simple. There are 8 players in the Alliance I fly with. For the lowest level mission, I am flying Turboprops, and and receiving a task of 96 flights each week. @nick6901 is on the exact same level as me, but had to fly 112 flights last week. Meanwhile, @marian is only two levels below me, and yet he had to fly just 45 lights. I think the formula must include the type of aircraft - Nick flew PP's to Dhaka, and Marian flew Deltas to Nice.

Interestingly - a few weeks ago, the volume of TP flights I had to make each week decreased from 136 to 85, and have since increased gradually to 97. I can only speculate the reason for this - GIS may feel guilty :)whistle:) about the number of Alliance problems, or they might take into account, that I am flying to the 100 item limit, and have dropped the number of flights I have to complete accordingly. Then again, I could be enjoying the benefits of a "good bug" in which case please ignore this post. :D

Level makes a big difference. Our alliance members going from 50 to 51, 60 to 61, etc saw jumps at that time. You can also have 2 destinations with a different # of flights even though it's the same plane type. I think I've had a couple weeks where I went to change the flight (for a TurboProp) and got more or less flights with the same flight duration to that 2nd location. I could be dreaming it up though.

Some have suggested the events cause the alliance flight #s to be lower so you can attempt both. The reduction isn't huge but it has made incentivized me to try and fly two missions a week. The second one has been a challenge but it's also an achievable. A couple weeks ago I decided to try and fly the 3rd mission and that was really hard...I would have finished it but we had already crossed the 30% threshold and had no shot at 50% so I didn't burn the resources.

i was playing befor but i lost my game a few times till last time was after the limit now i have the limit
So, you are saying that you didn't have 100 item limit before, but now you have the limit after you lost your game (I believe it got reset?)
Then, you should contact Gi support. I know they are horrible, but if you prove that you didn't have limit before, and you started having the limit after some crash or something, they will remove your limit.

Blue Aero

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Blue Aero
All players at the current moment have limit in the game and it can not be removed because of technical characteristic's of the game.

Which is a downright lie. My main game I have been playing for several years does not have the limit --- and a couple of months ago, my laptop HD crashed and I had the game restored on this (a new to me computer a friend gave me) computer which did have the 100 item limit when they restored the game but the 100 item limit was removed by GI when I asked to get it removed. So if they tell some people that it "cannot be removed" that is not at all true. As a computer programmer, this limit is likely one setting in a database table and can changed for everyone with one query to the database. Obviously if they could change it for anyone (as they changed it for me), they can change it for everyone.

Blue Aero

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Blue Aero

My second game I just got an alliance flight for #2 for a turboprop --- and the only turboprop I have is in reserve so it appears that reserve planes may count (the rest are powerful propeller driven)

My second game I just got an alliance flight for #2 for a turboprop --- and the only turboprop I have is in reserve so it appears that reserve planes may count (the rest are powerful propeller driven)

Yes those in reserve are looked at and used for alliance tasks. I, however, have nothing in my reserve.
I also got rid of any hangar that is supposed to be for anything larger than a jet. Thought I would be clever
and figure out what was triggering it. Did a couple other things and am now at get rid of the runways that
accomodate anything larger than a jet. That one I just do not want to do, the loss is too much for me. :D
I recall some others with this issue not sure if they got it cleared or not but it is rather annoying. :cautious:

Yes those in reserve are looked at and used for alliance tasks. I, however, have nothing in my reserve.
I also got rid of any hangar that is supposed to be for anything larger than a jet. Thought I would be clever
and figure out what was triggering it. Did a couple other things and am now at get rid of the runways that
accomodate anything larger than a jet. That one I just do not want to do, the loss is too much for me. :D
I recall some others with this issue not sure if they got it cleared or not but it is rather annoying. :cautious:
I had the same problems on Crescnt and Crescnt2. Kept getting PPD destinations although I had none. I sold off all my event planes thinking that was the problem, but didn't help. GI took about 5 weeks to fix the problem on my main game, then last week I submitted a ticket on Crescnt2, which they were able to fix in just a couple of days. I wasn't sure Crescnt2 was fixed until reset on sunday - but no PPD destinations!

I had the same problems on Crescnt and Crescnt2. Kept getting PPD destinations although I had none. I sold off all my event planes thinking that was the problem, but didn't help. GI took about 5 weeks to fix the problem on my main game, then last week I submitted a ticket on Crescnt2, which they were able to fix in just a couple of days. I wasn't sure Crescnt2 was fixed until reset on sunday - but no PPD destinations!

So a ticket may solve my problem...thanks for the heads up @crescent moon.

Just to keep this on subject I noticed in the last words thread Ivan mentioned that many games
have limits on items. Players don't mind because that is just how it was. I would counter that most
games don't have a way to actually use those items all up and leave you barely able to play.
With the tasks that need far more than 100 items it seems obvious the limit takes away from
the game.

If we go further adventure maps and players wanting to speed that along a bit seems a likely
path. Even when players do this it takes quite some time to actually get through these things.
I do see GIs perspective they want players to stay longer thus gaining more from paying players.
However much of the game already takes years to achieve many goals. I really don't see how limiting
players with the limit to add even more years is a good thing. I would say more often than not when
players see this long slog and then the addition of extra years needlessly chases more mid level
players away than anything else in this game including bad bugs. Of course just my humble opinion
and at this point seems like they will never remove it. :(

@Wired Parrott this is why I think many (not all) could live with a 500 item limit if they insist on one. Map runs would be a lot more doable (compared to 100 items) because you have at least a little fuel saved up and items like Lamps and Radar for the QL maps. It would also eliminate many of the alliance mission challenges for those players.

It’s still not ideal having two playing fields but it would make things a little better

Top Bottom