Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

General Posted lately on Facebook Forum?

andy8758

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03574n8b
Username
Andy8758
I (very) occasionally post on the Airport City Facebook Forum. Last time I did that I ended up with 4 Facebook Friend requests from people I did not know. Just posted again.... and the Friend requests from complete strangers have started rolling in again.

Now I know why you guys started this forum. Everyone can talk to each other about AC in here without giving away all their social secrets. After all, I am just a computer pilot to you; the fact that my son is the centre forward with Barcelona FC does not need to be known... :cool:

I (very) occasionally post on the Airport City Facebook Forum. Last time I did that I ended up with 4 Facebook Friend requests from people I did not know. Just posted again.... and the Friend requests from complete strangers have started rolling in again.

Now I know why you guys started this forum. Everyone can talk to each other about AC in here without giving away all their social secrets. After all, I am just a computer pilot to you; the fact that my son is the centre forward with Barcelona FC does not need to be known... :cool:
He must play alongside mine then!

andy8758

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03574n8b
Username
Andy8758
After getting some 50 something friend requests I decided to quit facebook altogether and it has been peaceful eversince.
I would happily ditch being bombarded by adverts for inferior goods, getting drawn into links on the 10 worst celebrity (insert one of the following - marriages, plastic surgery, aging badly), finding out that Andy completed a space mission in AC every ten minutes for the last four hours.... The reality that is Faceache. Sorry that should read Facebook.

However. As an old git who has schooled, trained, worked, drunk with thousands of people, making friends and keeping in touch with someone you last saw ten years ago is wonderful. And when our children post photos and videos of our gorgeous grandchildren meeting a parrot for the first time, or riding their first bicycle - that's priceless.

So I use Facebook cautiously. But it does bring many lovely moments from the past and present that I have either forgotten or would never have seen but for Facebook. Meanwhile the latest three friend requests from people I have never met in my life, remain ignored. ;)

Facebook is great for communication, networking and planning events. It is a social media platform that was designed to connect people and clearly it achieves this in a number of ways. However, Facebook’s utility and popularity often masks its more psychologically damaging aspects, of which there seems to be three: addiction, social isolation and depression.

A study by Andreassen et al. (2012), published in Psychological Reports, developed a ‘Facebook Addiction Scale’. In the study, a group of Facebook users were asked a series of questions and if their answer to at least four of the questions was ‘often’ or ‘very often’, these users were deemed to be addicts. The participant was asked to answer how often the following have happened during the last year:

· Spent a lot of time thinking about Facebook or planned use of Facebook?

· Used Facebook in order to forget about personal problems?

· Felt an urge to use Facebook more and more?

· Used Facebook so much that it has had a negative impact on your job/studies?

· Tried to cut down on the use of Facebook without success?

Again, if four out of six of these questions are answered with ‘often or ‘very often’, then a harmless Facebook habit is no longer harmless, but an addiction. Indeed, you can remove the word ‘Facebook’ from each of the questions and replace it with anything else which is habit-forming – gambling, sex, drugs – and the respective answers will also be a good indication of an addiction.

It was a shame AC combined the mobile game (android, ios & PC) with the facebook game on their facebook page. 3/4 of what's on that page doesn't even apply to us, just facebook players. And, yes, it definitely seems like 2 different games. If you are asking a question on their page, and someone asks what format you play on, if you answer windows pc, they just assume you mean facebook! :mad:

Top Bottom