Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Hijackers

But you're missing the point. AS-IS there is NO such rule implied or otherwise built within the game itself nor mechanisms supporting such notions. It's a GROUP effort; If you want to be first then make sure to contribute the most. The game should not nor can offer every option to everyone. If you don't like it then go create your own game and/or submit design request for this one. And yes, anyone can drop anyone, that's not the subject matter of this thread, it was the concept of "hijackers". They didn't hijack it, they contributed the most to the group launch effort that was lost by the person that started the launch all because of a number conceived in their head as the half-ass contribution to take the top spot without actually ensuring it. There's no RULE, just people's predefined expectations. If you want to guarantee it, click private launch; Ironic how that's a game feature, no? Enable it until contribute enough to ensure you're top then toggle off; simple, easy, not lazy.
And that is exactly what I do until I have contributed enough to secure my place. Only then do I make it public. It's just that you don't see this bit because I don't talk about a launch here until I get to point I'm comfortable with. I actually have a standardized procedure for my launches. I actually developing a spreadsheet to help determine if I have enough point items for particular launches that will get me first place. It's NOT cheating, but rather doing math. Sometimes, you want first place and sometimes, you don't want first place. I'm not as inflexible or as ignorant as you are making me out to be.

I think originally, it was designed as a competition which is why first place gets the better prize. This is as opposed to the Alliance Mission Challenge which is a group effort and you get NO special advantage your tasks earlier and why I would NOT be permitted to contribute by doing someone else's task. It's just that many people here have realized that being first all the time might be shortsighted, resources are finite, and sometimes, the juice really is NOT worth the squeeze (it depends upon the situation and what you want to achieve with your launch).

Do you see what I am saying?

Like I said those are made up rules if you don't have enough don't launch, it is rude to make other people wait. 5-10 hours. It is a silly and illogical rule if you don't have enough points and trying still to collect. Expecting people to help you launch and then make them wait. I will say it is way more inconsiderate of your fellow fellow playere

you ARE RIGHT!
but I guess you didn’t get the point.
the 576 rule is just a declaration of intentions, people are not supposed to sit on that value for long
the only exception is if the owner is waiting for a QL (Or another) to join . In that case it is worth to wait.

Device
  1. Android
Not really, Yohan.
There are a lot of veteran players here on the forum and all of them apply 576 rule to their launches. Some apply the 3QL rule as well. The most important advantage of such players is that the have a lot of resources, they could (and they have done it many times) help others in launching and they can do 100+ red launches in a week. So if you try to go against them, you will surely be kicked off.
What I usually do is to try to educate my new neighbors in what is allowed and what is not. If one of my neighbors asks me to take 1st in some specific launch, most of the time I would let them take it. If one decides however to hijack a launch, I would kick them off and most probably will delete them from my neighbor list.
I hate launching “private” because I consider it “sin” to launch without at least top three seats occupied.
Exactly because it is a group activity it is your responsibility to check the rules of the launch owner. Best strategy would be: contact the launch owner, if you launch first time with them, and check their requirements to join their launch.
I will be soon add new neighbors as I would like to have more neighbors to exchange daily gifts with them. If you are interested, just follow me and become my neighbor. Then you will see that joining other’s launches could be beneficial for you even if sticking to some set of rules.

Pit

P.S. I didn’t really understand your second paragraph so let me clarify something: if you are kicked off from a launch, you EDIT: lose your points (thank you, @VdW9) but you stay in the lobby of the respective launch (so you don’t lose your launch collections).
'Making a simply designed game feature and overly complicating it to suite your efforts.' Then find means external to the game to make the game work as you intend, not as designed, being you are a veteran and have your own defined methods for optimum playability external from the game design itself. Is there a "576" button somewhere at launch I'm missing that if I click it I can automatically half-ass contribute and "expect" top launcher? No, as stated, it's 'veteran' rules to optimize their own gameplay not to everyone.

The second paragraph is about if launch is a failure losing your contributed resources; presumably if kicked too. Nobody has kicked me nor me kicking someone. Personally, that's wrong. Remove them from your friend\neighbor list post launch if they didn't play in your sandbox as expected. Sure, I too have "lost" top launch spot simply by not contributing the most points instead of simply toggling private launch. I played this game 2+ years prior to discovering this "fan" site. Not everyone knows nor use this site and learn people's aggressive gameplay; crazily some people just play this game recreationally and aren't professional egamers. BTW, how much have you earned professionally competing in this game?

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03vr2vz4x
Username
jps air
you ARE RIGHT!
but I guess you didn’t get the point.
the 576 rule is just a declaration of intentions, people are not supposed to sit on that value for long
the only exception is if the owner is waiting for a QL (Or another) to join . In that case it is worth to wait.
I can understand your point maybe for the first hour. Don't get me wrong I do wait to see what the other player tries to do, but if he/she take to long it's on them. The QL is a different story, not sure about you, but most of the time when we join a launch a few hours have passed since the launch started. IF your intention is to make sure you have enough then keep it private. On the last point about waiting for someone else it I understand but it is tough luck. We don't know what another the player is planning ( I assume that is the game designers intent) or waiting for someone else if you wait for a friend to join, organize it better. It is a game of strategy. But to vilify players that contribute to launching is silly. Some common sense is important. After all, we can launch tomorrow again, it is a game.

I can understand your point maybe for the first hour. Don't get me wrong I do wait to see what the other player tries to do, but if he/she take to long it's on them. The QL is a different story, not sure about you, but most of the time when we join a launch a few hours have passed since the launch started. IF your intention is to make sure you have enough then keep it private. On the last point about waiting for someone else it I understand but it is tough luck. We don't know what another the player is planning ( I assume that is the game designers intent) or waiting for someone else if you wait for a friend to join, organize it better. It is a game of strategy. But to vilify players that contribute to launching is silly. Some common sense is important. After all, we can launch tomorrow again, it is a game.
in Their defense (and mine) in general QL holders end up by changing their game’s name to “<name> wait2QL” . Then you know what to do. Wait or do not join.
and no, in general I don’t join launches opened for a few hours. Except in some special cases.
also, my own regular launches are up in the air within much less than one hour
but in the end, as you said, common sense is important. and respect.
putting a 360, or even a 120, to get a first place, when a 40 was all that was needed, shows lack of consideration from that player. that’s not contributing to a launch, that’s stealing.

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03vr2vz4x
Username
jps air
in Their defense (and mine) in general QL holders end up by changing their game’s name to “<name> wait2QL” . Then you know what to do. Wait or do not join.
and no, in general I don’t join launches opened for a few hours. Except in some special cases.
also, my own regular launches are up in the air within much less than one hour
but in the end, as you said, common sense is important. and respect.
putting a 360, or even a 120, to get a first place, when a 40 was all that was needed, shows lack of consideration from that player. that’s not contributing to a launch, that’s stealing.
Teresa, personally I agree with you and that is how I play the game personally if you are over the halfway mark or near it I will respect it if you start the launch. I don't think we disagree in the spirit of the game and common courtesy. But I won't hold against another player when they stealing launch ( I plan for it that they don't steal it), it is a game and a competition (I actually went and read the rules). But it seems you have proofed my point, you plan your launch and have a strategy in place. I join many launches, and some of them take forever (clearly the player doesn't have enough points) to launch that is when I take over, 570 or not. Common courtesy and respect go both ways. When you state in your username your intent for ql and when someone takes over that is disrespectful. That is why I said another story and most players organized it before the time. Again it comes down to strategizing

andy8758

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03574n8b
Username
Andy8758
Can I just say?
  • Communication - looks like in game communications are in version 8.
I use my game name to communicate in launches (borrowed idea from Charleen) hence “Andy Wait 3QL” “Andy 1st free”. It’s an option for everyone.
  • Launch rules - some forum members have well published launch rules, if I join their launches I follow their rules. Worth checking members signatures from time to time.
  • Blatant hijacking of my launches and I remove you as neighbour. End of.
Not all my neighbours are forum members. Some great players out there and a lot on Faceache who I communicate with (Teresa and Vanessa are active there too).

The Private Launch button was introduced after I joined this forum - got a feeling that Ivan got it introduced to help reduce hijacking in response to comments made in this forum. I make use of it particularly if I want to ensure first spot by introducing fuel to 1680 (red). But it is a barrier to quick launches, and QL parties.

I dislike launch hijackers in this game. It is only a game, it is not Call of Duty or Fortnite with players fighting each other for first place. Airport City is a strategy game, where the best experiences, rewards and gameplay come from co-operating with other players. I fully appreciate that there are people out there who want to play the game by fighting everyone and snatching first spot. I note that very few of these players actually last more than a few months and probably head off back to Fortnite to get their highs by stabbing and flossing (sorry, that was me being unnecessarily sarcastic).

This game forum is a haven for intelligent Airport City game players. Let’s keep it that way. And I am a firm supporter in forum members expressing different opinions - I think People having different opinions is important even if you do not agree with me (and I am always right:ROFLMAO:).

But you're missing the point. AS-IS there is NO such rule implied or otherwise built within the game itself nor mechanisms supporting such notions. It's a GROUP effort; If you want to be first then make sure to contribute the most. The game should not nor can offer every option to everyone. If you don't like it then go create your own game and/or submit design request for this one. And yes, anyone can drop anyone, that's not the subject matter of this thread, it was the concept of "hijackers". They didn't hijack it, they contributed the most to the group launch effort that was lost by the person that started the launch all because of a number conceived in their head as the half-ass contribution to take the top spot without actually ensuring it. There's no RULE, just people's predefined expectations. If you want to guarantee it, click private launch; Ironic how that's a game feature, no? Enable it until contribute enough to ensure you're top then toggle off; simple, easy, not lazy.
This from someone who has been on the forum for a whole month and a half, rather than a long term player who has been here 4-5 years. :(

Hyperion1722

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04z32u99
Username
Hyperion1722
This from someone who has been on the forum for a whole month and a half, rather than a long term player who has been here 4-5 years. :(
I agree with Yohan. It is not a question whether you played this 100 years or 1 day. I was also "hijacked" several times but it is my fault as I have not put more points in my launches. It is fair and square to me as the player has more points so he gets the better deal. These are app imposed rules and any group or player rules are secondary. It is as simple as removing the neighbor as you seem fit. End of story.

Hyperion1722

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04z32u99
Username
Hyperion1722
I don't know the exact formula, but I use these calculations: 1500/360 which is 4,16. 4x360 is 1440 and 5x360 is 1800. If I only invest 1600 someone else can invest 1399 + 360 = 1759 and pass me. If I invest 1700 someone else can only invest 1299 + 360 = 1659 which isn't enough to pass me.

The magic number should therefore be somewhere after the midway point between 1660 and 1700

My math probably isn't 100% correct, but I don't see any way to pass someone who has invested 1700 points in a red launch
This is the maximum range that you can invest points for two members competing for the launch. In the case of three of more players, points required is lesser. I usually join launches containing two or more players with enough remaining points to at least squeeze in the no.3 position.

I agree with Yohan. It is not a question whether you played this 100 years or 1 day. I was also "hijacked" several times but it is my fault as I have not put more points in my launches. It is fair and square to me as the player has more points so he gets the better deal. These are app imposed rules and any group or player rules are secondary. It is as simple as removing the neighbor as you seem fit. End of story.
Exactly! Remove the neighbor, as it is a LOT more fun to play with people you can trust. The purpose of the forum - get to know your neighbors, let them know how you play. Otherwise, why not just play with random people of facebook or something?

This is the maximum range that you can invest points for two members competing for the launch. In the case of three of more players, points required is lesser. I usually join launches containing two or more players with enough remaining points to at least squeeze in the no.3 position.
The problem that sometimes, you can't know if you will get one or two additional players so I work under the assumption of one additional player. Maybe, I need to figure out some mathematical formula for two or more additional players.

I was actually working on a spreadsheet in Excel and one of the more complex things is a formula for determining how many items you can enter at fixed intervals (I usually used a VBA script for that calculation).

Hyperion1722

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04z32u99
Username
Hyperion1722
The problem that sometimes, you can't know if you will get one or two additional players so I work under the assumption of one additional player. Maybe, I need to figure out some mathematical formula for two or more additional players.

I was actually working on a spreadsheet in Excel and one of the more complex things is a formula for determining how many items you can enter at fixed intervals (I usually used a VBA script for that calculation).
You can do this for 2 or 3 players but for more than three players - it will be very complicated due to unpredictability of how the other players reacts plus the remaining points diminishes fast. What I do before joining a launch is to look for launches with two players with a minimal remaining points. For three players - I look for an optimal remaining points where I can squeeze in to the #3 spot. Of course, if I do launches - 1700 points is a safe bet for me to get the no.1 position.

You can do this for 2 or 3 players but for more than three players - it will be very complicated due to unpredictability of how the other players reacts plus the remaining points diminishes fast. What I do before joining a launch is to look for launches with two players with a minimal remaining points. For three players - I look for an optimal remaining points where I can squeeze in to the #3 spot. Of course, if I do launches - 1700 points is a safe bet for me to get the no.1 position.
I know. The spreadsheet will NOT work for QL parties. It's for non-QL launches and I would use it only for determining if I can captain my own launch (assuming 2 hours for me to set it up). It is not meant to determine second or third place in a launch and I don't know the formula for that if there is one). I do not host QL parties as I feel that is beyond my competence.

Hyperion1722

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04z32u99
Username
Hyperion1722
I know. The spreadsheet will NOT work for QL parties. It's for non-QL launches and I would use it only for determining if I can captain my own launch (assuming 2 hours for me to set it up). It is not meant to determine second or third place in a launch and I don't know the formula for that if there is one). I do not host QL parties as I feel that is beyond my competence.
I don't do QL parties. It is so inclusive and limited. I like the rough and tumble competition among neighbors - it makes more sense to me to fight it out for a better deal.

PLMerry

500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20rwgvgx
Username
PLMerry [what I need], PLM2, & PLM3
@Jpstx & @Yohan68

You are both relatively new to this forum. The members of the forum are explaining to you how the majority of the forum members feel and play. There is nothing that says you need to launch with forum members, but if you do we are letting you know what to expect.

Please don't expect us to change just because you have joined. I can tell you a year ago when I joined I had other ideas too, but I have chosen to stick around, and for the most part I have chosen to follow the rules of those in the forum. Quite frankly, you can do whatever you want, I just don't know how valuable the forum will be for you if you do.

I don't do QL parties. It is so inclusive and limited. I like the rough and tumble competition among neighbors - it makes more sense to me to fight it out for a better deal.
I participate in QL parties as they provide opportunities. But I would NOT host one at this point. Right now, I'm participating in a launch where I took second place and a person had a QL. There were only 3 people (including myself in it).

sdust

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
047kpaw1
Username
sdust

I don't bother with calculations if I join a launch with more than two players already in. I stay behind them if they have invested more than 100 points, and I only compete for 2nd or 3rd spot if they are not already occupied when I join the launch. None the prizes is worth pissing off other people and it's just a game afterall. I'll just take the succesful launch and add it to the others on my route to 100 launches and three stars

Tom-SUB

1300+ Star Club
All New Tadashi
Device
  1. Android
  2. None of the above
Friend Code
04WAG8N9Y
Username
Tom
Would you kindly check with me before you hijack my green launches!

This is the 4th new neighbour added from the launch quest to think they are being smart.

@Jelie you are no longer a neighbour.
what does this posting have to do with "Airport City Announcements"?
Is it really so difficult to post a new posting at the right place? Or is this only for smart people?

Top Bottom