Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Hijackers

hzdjj

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03spdifke
Username
hzdjj
Would you kindly check with me before you hijack my green launches!

This is the 4th new neighbour added from the launch quest to think they are being smart.

@Jelie you are no longer a neighbour.

oh no... a few days ago I was literally at 1600/3000 for my red launch (forgot to add the remaining 80) before getting hijacked overnight. Oh man... things happen.

Nayeon

1100+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03i2am107
Username
Nayeon
Honestly, if you don't want it hijacked then just keep it private until you are where you want, then open it up. Otherwise how are people to know? Sometimes - and I'm one of them - I'm just racking up flights and don't care about being #1. #3 is just as good as #2.

This is what I do anyway when I want to ensure I'm #1 on the launch list.

Honestly, if you don't want it hijacked then just keep it private until you are where you want, then open it up. Otherwise how are people to know? Sometimes - and I'm one of them - I'm just racking up flights and don't care about being #1. #3 is just as good as #2.

This is what I do anyway when I want to ensure I'm #1 on the launch list.
I never do, and many people around here do the same as me, as almost all follow the 576 etiquette: never pass over someone who put 576 unless he/she explicitly said so

pete blake

900+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20uygiqm9
Username
APETE9999
never pass over someone who put 576 unless he/she explicitly said so
576 out of 3000 isn't sufficient to "own" first place if anything other than a few minutes have passed. Players should keep the launch private until they want to open it up. This is the tool to ensure players get the position they want. No such thing as "hi-jacking". Just players failing to complete a launch successfully. Keep on your toes, boys and girls. Tough world out there.

:love:
P

576 out of 3000 isn't sufficient to "own" first place if anything other than a few minutes have passed. Players should keep the launch private until they want to open it up. This is the tool to ensure players get the position they want. No such thing as "hi-jacking". Just players failing to complete a launch successfully. Keep on your toes, boys and girls. Tough world out there.

:love:
P
Well, anyone who gets over my 576 without being allowed by me will be dumped out of my launch on the spot and deleted from my neighborhood. don’t need that kind of neighbors. And in general I don’t use the private option. why should I? If I want first on a 24h launch I don’t start with 576, I start most times at least with 936. And some hundreds more from my tiny games. The major problem with 576 arises on QL launches, not regular ones. Especially if you’re waiting for a friend with another QL. You can’t put it on private, but you can’t allow others to fill and launch before the friend arrives.
And hijacking exists. it could be also called lack of consideration, bad manners, egocentricity, you name it. The purpose of this community is cooperation.

sdust

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
047kpaw1
Username
sdust
I must admit I have done a hijacking once. It was one of the first launches I participated. I joined when there was about 18 hours left on the clock and I invested a full round of resources minus the big one. Several others joined as time passed. I checked it again with about 30 minutes on the clock and it was still missing about 300 points. When there was less than 2 minutes left I lost my nerves and invested the 360 resource (which was actually the first time I ever used one of those) in fear of a failed launch. Unfortunately it was about 20 points more than the leader, who wasn't even the person who had started the launch to begin with.

I did feel bad about it afterwards, and I haven't done it since. I haven't been in a similar situation since either, so I dont really know how I would handle it today.

In my defense it happened a few months before I joined this forum and learned about the 576 rule

I always set my own lauches to private until I have passed the magic number to avoid a hijack

sdust

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
047kpaw1
Username
sdust
I’m just curious - do you know how to calculate the “magic” number :) ? I’m asking seriously because if one expects e.g. that 1,500 pts in red launch are enough to avoid hijacking, such expectation is wrong. So?

I don't know the exact formula, but I use these calculations: 1500/360 which is 4,16. 4x360 is 1440 and 5x360 is 1800. If I only invest 1600 someone else can invest 1399 + 360 = 1759 and pass me. If I invest 1700 someone else can only invest 1299 + 360 = 1659 which isn't enough to pass me.

The magic number should therefore be somewhere after the midway point between 1660 and 1700

My math probably isn't 100% correct, but I don't see any way to pass someone who has invested 1700 points in a red launch

I must admit I have done a hijacking once. It was one of the first launches I participated. I joined when there was about 18 hours left on the clock and I invested a full round of resources minus the big one. Several others joined as time passed. I checked it again with about 30 minutes on the clock and it was still missing about 300 points. When there was less than 2 minutes left I lost my nerves and invested the 360 resource (which was actually the first time I ever used one of those) in fear of a failed launch. Unfortunately it was about 20 points more than the leader, who wasn't even the person who had started the launch to begin with.

I did feel bad about it afterwards, and I haven't done it since. I haven't been in a similar situation since either, so I dont really know how I would handle it today.

In my defense it happened a few months before I joined this forum and learned about the 576 rule

I always set my own lauches to private until I have passed the magic number to avoid a hijack
And that’s not an hijack, that’s a rescue operation. I’d go crazy if I had to wait almost 24 h for a launch to take place. If you hadn‘t done that, all people’s resources would’ve gone down the drain

I don't know the exact formula, but I use these calculations: 1500/360 which is 4,16. 4x360 is 1440 and 5x360 is 1800. If I only invest 1600 someone else can invest 1399 + 360 = 1759 and pass me. If I invest 1700 someone else can only invest 1299 + 360 = 1659 which isn't enough to pass me.

The magic number should therefore be somewhere after the midway point between 1660 and 1700

My math probably isn't 100% correct, but I don't see any way to pass someone who has invested 1700 points in a red launch
Half + 180 (if you’re already on first place, as in case of ties, first in, first served) 1680 for a red. You got a nice and close upper bound on the real magic number

Device
  1. Android
Well, anyone who gets over my 576 without being allowed by me will be dumped out of my launch on the spot and deleted from my neighborhood. don’t need that kind of neighbors. And in general I don’t use the private option. why should I? If I want first on a 24h launch I don’t start with 576, I start most times at least with 936. And some hundreds more from my tiny games. The major problem with 576 arises on QL launches, not regular ones. Especially if you’re waiting for a friend with another QL. You can’t put it on private, but you can’t allow others to fill and launch before the friend arrives.
And hijacking exists. it could be also called lack of consideration, bad manners, egocentricity, you name it. The purpose of this community is cooperation.
So much for a group launch event and hopefully everyone removes you from their friends list too. If you want cooperation with your neighbors then start a discord session with your buds and coordinate the launch event instead of not using the built-in design controls.

If '576' is an unspoken rule (first I've even heard of it) then how should anyone not on here even be aware of such a thing. If losing everything due to failure to launch wasn't an issue then I'd say they should add a do not go above value the launchee can set to and if aborted your items are returned because what if you don't return to add more on a 2000+ point launch?

I'm guessing 576 is supposed to not be topped but what if someone adds two 320 bolts?

But then again, the simple answer is to tick the private checkbox.

So much for a group launch event and hopefully everyone removes you from their friends list too. If you want cooperation with your neighbors then start a discord session with your buds and coordinate the launch event instead of not using the built-in design controls.

If '576' is an unspoken rule (first I've even heard of it) then how should anyone not on here even be aware of such a thing. If losing everything due to failure to launch wasn't an issue then I'd say they should add a do not go above value the launchee can set to and if aborted your items are returned because what if you don't return to add more on a 2000+ point launch?

I'm guessing 576 is supposed to not be topped but what if someone adds two 320 bolts?

But then again, the simple answer is to tick the private checkbox.
Well, almost four years after I joined, still here and still with lots of neighbors...

Would you kindly check with me before you hijack my green launches!

This is the 4th new neighbour added from the launch quest to think they are being smart.

@Jelie you are no longer a neighbour.

I want to know if this person happens to be a neighbor of mine because I don't want the trouble from them and I don't want to feed into a moral hazard situation by protecting them from the consequences of their actions?

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03vr2vz4x
Username
jps air
I really think people make these rules up ... if you need help to launch then it is who put the most points down first... waiting hours for someone in the hope that they will get enough points is also disrespectful. I am sure I am not the only player that tries to launch every day and can’t wait forever. Make sure you have enough before you launch...

Great! So you apparently didn't explain all of your rules to all of your neighbors.

And the problem is that in the game itself, you can't explain. And keep in mind to that the person has NO right to you expect you to be their neighbor. Right now, I could legitimately decide to drop you as a neighbor for whatever reason and you can do likewise. That applies even if you are doing it because you think Christ is the Anti-Christ.

Top Bottom