Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Android G! wants to rob out players!

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
FYI - a copy of a post on the GI Facebook group:
In the beginning the separation between us was 3000 hats ... and the parting was reduced to 1000 hats ... while he was sleeping I used to play at night and the separation weakened again to 2000 hats and now he is in the first place ... I want to know how he did that ... I play for more than 12 hours a day without interruption ... it is confusing for me..and I am very sad because I am so tired and exhausted for 7 days

There are a lot of similar posts floating around. Newer players see others post large numbers and accuse them of cheating on Facebook. And GI read those posts.

I am not excusing the action of GI against DarekK and others - I suspect that GI's motives are probably fuelled by profit. But the "cheat" accusations are plentiful and GI is probably looking at who is more profitable - whinging newbie or well informed experienced player. :unsure:
Perhaps the problem with this particular issue is the difference between a L80 player that has been playing for 5+ years, and those that have been playing for a year. The level of resources will be vastly different. New players use items when they get them. If I have less than 50 of something (bonus, repair items etc) I will be on edge. I won’t drop below 100 launch prep.
The obvious answer is additional levels to reduce scale of players in the same competition.

There are a lot of accusations that fly around. I have my own opinions; some valid, some are far far from it. Weekly we see players appear from nowhere with <200 stars and max land with loads of MSB buildings and max land that eventually disappear. Logically you would deduce that there are loop holes where players can get unlimited greens, and when G! catch on they remove/ban the players. That’s my conclusion anyway. A recent one of note was a player with less than 200 stars and a full fleet of black S3 planes. I can’t conceive of a way that would be possible without buying huge numbers of ‘mysterious plane’ chests from the event store at 99 greens a pop. The number of stars doesn’t tally any other way. Someone either has seriously deep pockets, or the more likely scenario....

On that particular issue, it’s pretty dumb. 2000 points is nothing. Around 2000 fuel with speedups &LT to Rome which is a drop in the ocean for most. That’s before you consider the numerous variations between people’s cities and playing patterns that can contribute to that. Then there is the Normal, S1, S2, S3, VW, Jet Pack, Friend in need bonus, building ad speed ups, gold sub that could all be a contributing factor. 2000 points is not worth arguing about (and yet here I am:rolleyes:).

I think the reply @DarekK got is disgraceful. If I was in that position, I’d be fuming. The money and time that was poured into the game to get those upgraded buildings initially. The 100 limit was the first kick, again I would have been fuming if I’d spent that amount of greens on something which is now worthless. But to add insult to injury, the company now tell you that your game is ‘not up to standard’.
Why!?
Tell me exactly why it is not acceptable?
Because you gave me the option to upgrade my factory which I took?
Because you then changed the rules and promised that existing items we have gained would not be affected?
And now you have the outright cheek to say you will only unblock the game if I agree to give up those items? Disgraceful. Is that even allowed under trading standards?
And to add insult to injury, every player that visits is told I’m blocked for violating the terms of service? Well I’ve been through the terms of service and there is nothing in there concerning this scenario.

More to the point, the items they have stored makes next to no difference to the average player. They aren’t using them to dominate top spots on flight rankings. They aren’t doing questionable things in the alliance leagues unlike some that have posted publicly about it here.

And they are now blocking players for storing large amounts of fuel and passengers. So after removing the ability to stock things in the warehouse, we now can’t store large amounts in our bar?🤔 So that being the case, I wonder how these people are doing 1.2M + a week, you know, those that don’t get blocked, those that do it once or twice a month 🤔
And yes I know you can use JP and VW with S3s doing a more steady number daily throughout the week rather than doing all via instant returns and still get huge numbers. There are other tell tale signs if they knew what to look for - the difference between a player that is working their city for their achievements, and those that are exploiting other avenues (whether it be their own cash or illegitimate means). Obviously one will never know how much another player spends on their own game.
But those that want to save a large amount to do instant returns are deemed to be ‘violating game policy’? Well I suggest the game policy needs updating so we all know exactly where we stand.

They really need to get to grips with the loop holes that are being exploited, rather than those that have been playing a long time legitimately.

If they are planning on targeting players that store fuel and passengers in their bar beyond the limit, then we’ve basically got a game that becomes unplayable.

Oh and as a final point, storing loads of passengers in the bar for this event is pretty detrimental to earning points in the rankings before someone starts querying that. You don’t earn the currency when a VC contract is running.

andy8758

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03574n8b
Username
Andy8758
Perhaps the problem with this particular issue is the difference between a L80 player that has been playing for 5+ years, and those that have been playing for a year. The level of resources will be vastly different. New players use items when they get them. If I have less than 50 of something (bonus, repair items etc) I will be on edge. I won’t drop below 100 launch prep.
The obvious answer is additional levels to reduce scale of players in the same competition.

There are a lot of accusations that fly around. I have my own opinions; some valid, some are far far from it. Weekly we see players appear from nowhere with <200 stars and max land with loads of MSB buildings and max land that eventually disappear. Logically you would deduce that there are loop holes where players can get unlimited greens, and when G! catch on they remove/ban the players. That’s my conclusion anyway. A recent one of note was a player with less than 200 stars and a full fleet of black S3 planes. I can’t conceive of a way that would be possible without buying huge numbers of ‘mysterious plane’ chests from the event store at 99 greens a pop. The number of stars doesn’t tally any other way. Someone either has seriously deep pockets, or the more likely scenario....

On that particular issue, it’s pretty dumb. 2000 points is nothing. Around 2000 fuel with speedups &LT to Rome which is a drop in the ocean for most. That’s before you consider the numerous variations between people’s cities and playing patterns that can contribute to that. Then there is the Normal, S1, S2, S3, VW, Jet Pack, Friend in need bonus, building ad speed ups, gold sub that could all be a contributing factor. 2000 points is not worth arguing about (and yet here I am:rolleyes:).

I think the reply @DarekK got is disgraceful. If I was in that position, I’d be fuming. The money and time that was poured into the game to get those upgraded buildings initially. The 100 limit was the first kick, again I would have been fuming if I’d spent that amount of greens on something which is now worthless. But to add insult to injury, the company now tell you that your game is ‘not up to standard’.
Why!?
Tell me exactly why it is not acceptable?
Because you gave me the option to upgrade my factory which I took?
Because you then changed the rules and promised that existing items we have gained would not be affected?
And now you have the outright cheek to say you will only unblock the game if I agree to give up those items? Disgraceful. Is that even allowed under trading standards?
And to add insult to injury, every player that visits is told I’m blocked for violating the terms of service? Well I’ve been through the terms of service and there is nothing in there concerning this scenario.

More to the point, the items they have stored makes next to no difference to the average player. They aren’t using them to dominate top spots on flight rankings. They aren’t doing questionable things in the alliance leagues unlike some that have posted publicly about it here.

And they are now blocking players for storing large amounts of fuel and passengers. So after removing the ability to stock things in the warehouse, we now can’t store large amounts in our bar?🤔 So that being the case, I wonder how these people are doing 1.2M + a week, you know, those that don’t get blocked, those that do it once or twice a month 🤔
And yes I know you can use JP and VW with S3s doing a more steady number daily throughout the week rather than doing all via instant returns and still get huge numbers. There are other tell tale signs if they knew what to look for - the difference between a player that is working their city for their achievements, and those that are exploiting other avenues (whether it be their own cash or illegitimate means). Obviously one will never know how much another player spends on their own game.
But those that want to save a large amount to do instant returns are deemed to be ‘violating game policy’? Well I suggest the game policy needs updating so we all know exactly where we stand.

They really need to get to grips with the loop holes that are being exploited, rather than those that have been playing a long time legitimately.

If they are planning on targeting players that store fuel and passengers in their bar beyond the limit, then we’ve basically got a game that becomes unplayable.

Oh and as a final point, storing loads of passengers in the bar for this event is pretty detrimental to earning points in the rankings before someone starts querying that. You don’t earn the currency when a VC contract is running.
Now. If only someone from GI got around to reading these posts.... :blackeye:

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
Now. If only someone from GI got around to reading these posts.... :blackeye:
One can only hope 🤞
They have created a fascinating game with an excellent foundation..... that’s the only reason most of us are still here.
But some of the decisions in recent years, the disappointing lack of new content (and I mean things to do, not aesthetics), and the frustrating customer service experience really do take away from the enjoyment factor 😞

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
And they are now blocking players for storing large amounts of fuel and passengers. So after removing the ability to stock things in the warehouse, we now can’t store large amounts in our bar?🤔
I suspect this may be a knee-jerk reaction by G! to people who can't do/don't know how to do so they are accusing others of cheating.

I can tell you I will never again post a full screenshot to this forum. When posting event completion, I will crop it to the event completion screen. When posting for my new stars banner, it will be cropped to my profile window.

For all you players who are quick to accuse people of cheating, you will come to regret it when all the seasoned players are banned. Because they are the ones with all the QLs who help you get through launches for events. They are the ones with event buildings that pull them out even before the event starts so you have buildings to visit once the event starts. They are the ones with the rare buildings like planetariums and training centers to help you accumulate launch preps and rocket fuel. They are the ones that came up with the idea of a magic square so you can combine bonus buildings and ultimately fly 50k pax in an hour. They are the ones who have shared their knowledge to create this forum and wiki. They are the ones giving you guidance on how to make the most of the game.

They are the ones whose knowledge, help and guidance you came to this forum for.

Many parts of this game are difficult or impossible to complete if you don't have seasoned players in your friend list. That's why when I restarted playing earlier this year, I looked up all my old friends (not old people but previous friends) to make sure I had them on my friend list.

Be careful what you wish for. You may just get it.

Last edited:
This is really a strange approach. The player is banned for the mistakes of developers, which were never corrected or adjusted, nor communicated via Facebook or any other channel. I was saving fuel for more than 3 months (collected 14 alarm clocks, one single family ticket and building VCs together with PAX pod), I have spent more than 7 hours yesterday and 5 today to make finally 550k PAXs (I have prepared all the maps for Condor destinations in the last 4 months). How is it possible that some guy (switching between Russian alliances and no PAX pod) is capable to make 1+M every week? I do not get it. Seems to me the rules are pretty flexible from GI point of view. I found out recently many old players I had on friend list got blocked recently. What is going on? The approach from GI was never fair, I recall some cases from 2013 and 2014, but this is way too much for me to be punished for not breaking any rules. In the past they were banning players for misusing the bugs (looks like we are getting there again - I got today info that Cajsa from FireHouse was blocked probably for more than 14 planes in the game).

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
This is really a strange approach. The player is banned for the mistakes of developers, which were never corrected or adjusted, nor communicated via Facebook or any other channel. I was saving fuel for more than 3 months (collected 14 alarm clocks, one single family ticket and building VCs together with PAX pod), I have spent more than 7 hours yesterday and 5 today to make finally 550k PAXs (I have prepared all the maps for Condor destinations in the last 4 months). How is it possible that some guy (switching between Russian alliances and no PAX pod) is capable to make 1+M every week? I do not get it. Seems to me the rules are pretty flexible from GI point of view. I found out recently many old players I had on friend list got blocked recently. What is going on? The approach from GI was never fair, I recall some cases from 2013 and 2014, but this is way too much for me to be punished for not breaking any rules. In the past they were banning players for misusing the bugs (looks like we are getting there again - I got today info that Cajsa from FireHouse was blocked probably for more than 14 planes in the game).
So many of the old players you and I had as friends the last time I was playing have been banned. It is nuts. I could name names but I won't. Very sad. Honest players. Who kept playing even after getting screwed by G! ... now banned.

Guess I must be cheating and I'm not even trying that hard, just flying for the event stars with the odd weather vane and lucky ticket here and there.
Screenshot_20201201-011459_Airport City.jpg

Device
  1. iPhone
Username
imdcaptain
Guess I must be cheating and I'm not even trying that hard, just flying for the event stars with the odd weather vane and lucky ticket here and there.
View attachment 44913

that's a reasonable total, hell I have someone in my group with 100k+ event points, but I am looking at their city, their pax numbers, etc. you can calculate how they got there legitimately - long term player, has the right city setup/fleet to optimize points with a few well timed bonuses.. its the newbies with less than 100 stars, 8 stands that put up massive numbers that I would be more concerned about in regards to cheating

CajsaMacD

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
CajsaMacD
Username
Cajsa [needs]
I'm still here, flying 14 planes or less simultaneously as I have 14 stands. However, someone was in fact banned, presumably for still exploiting the old 14+ plane bug that was never eradicated properly - we all know what happened after the subsequent update, the bug was still exploitable! What makes me furious is the fact that they have the nerve to ban users exploiting their flawed programming instead of focusing on quality programming! We've seen a fair amount of good bugs, there's hardly any update that hasn't come with one glitch or another! If they started banning every Tom, Dick and Harry for exploiting a bug, they'd lose around 90% of the user base, and might as well pack it in!

I feel I ought to stop buying greenies and above all stop my silver subscription. My dream would be for all paying users to do the same simultaneously, and give GI a blow where it hurts the most!

Arch

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04gxsm0eq
Username
Arch
Seems like G! have lost the plot, even more so than the debacle of the last few months (or was my first few months a honeymoon period). My thoughts with the OP and any others impacted and I hope reason prevails and you get your accounts back.

There is no evidence i have seen to suggest this is a response to people making cheating accusations so my money is on G! screwing it up, again!

CajsaMacD

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
CajsaMacD
Username
Cajsa [needs]
Seems like G! have lost the plot, even more so than the debacle of the last few months (or was my first few months a honeymoon period). My thoughts with the OP and any others impacted and I hope reason prevails and you get your accounts back.

There is no evidence i have seen to suggest this is a response to people making cheating accusations so my money is on G! screwing it up, again!
What's new? One of my alliance buddies was accused of time travelling - with a minitower PC that weighs 8 kgs and has been standing in the same spot for the last 4 years!

I'm still here, flying 14 planes or less simultaneously as I have 14 stands. However, someone was in fact banned, presumably for still exploiting the old 14+ plane bug that was never eradicated properly - we all know what happened after the subsequent update, the bug was still exploitable! What makes me furious is the fact that they have the nerve to ban users exploiting their flawed programming instead of focusing on quality programming! We've seen a fair amount of good bugs, there's hardly any update that hasn't come with one glitch or another! If they started banning every Tom, Dick and Harry for exploiting a bug, they'd lose around 90% of the user base, and might as well pack it in!

I feel I ought to stop buying greenies and above all stop my silver subscription. My dream would be for all paying users to do the same simultaneously, and give GI a blow where it hurts the most!

Great news, thanks for clarification and I am happy it was not you (rumors). I hate when the known and respected names are removed from the game. Stopping the subscription is a good idea, the only way to disagree with their behavior.

FR;

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04621b4ez
Username
FR;<item needed>
I've stopped my sub as well! It ends next week.
I think we need to show solidarity to the vets of this game. The way GI is treating them is really disgraceful

I got to be honest but I’ve also kinda lost the love for AC and this old timer is playing much less and less now. Sad, but I just don’t like the way the game is going the last year and how we’re constantly also having to justify ourselves to GI that we are not cheating, just very dedicated and loyal players that have put in a lot of daily grind over the last 8 years or so.
For me GI support have always been.... well just lacking and basically unsympathetic and whilst maybe it could be a language issue I’m afraid the basics are just not there for me.
If and when they do block me again.... well I fear I won’t pick it up again.

I had no idea people were still flying more than 14 planes? How did that work?

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
I got to be honest but I’ve also kinda lost the love for AC and this old timer is playing much less and less now. Sad, but I just don’t like the way the game is going the last year and how we’re constantly also having to justify ourselves to GI that we are not cheating, just very dedicated and loyal players that have put in a lot of daily grind over the last 8 years or so.
For me GI support have always been.... well just lacking and basically unsympathetic and whilst maybe it could be a language issue I’m afraid the basics are just not there for me.
If and when they do block me again.... well I fear I won’t pick it up again.
That would be a very sad thing ... to see another "original" quitting the game

Top Bottom