Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Event & Entities

evogamer05

150+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
04vi5kj9k
Username
evo - item needed
I noticed we have one Event created in the list of 'Thanksgiving Day 2019'. We aren't going to be putting the year on end of events and adding them again each year are we? I would think that would throw off a lot of information

VdW

600+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03j2z0gz (PM me when adding, or your request might get deleted)
Username
VdW
I noticed we have one Event created in the list of 'Thanksgiving Day 2019'. We aren't going to be putting the year on end of events and adding them again each year are we? I would think that would throw off a lot of information

No, I only put the month and year in the reward section. Then we can add them everytime the event comes.

Edit/note: I did not go back and read the 5 pages of this thread, so I apologise in advance if I’m repeating anything here...

When the Event part of Wiki was first proposed, I had a few misgivings that in the long term it might create a lot of ongoing work (which if isn’t maintained well, will ruin the credibility to the section), will cause confusion and a lot of unnecessary questions down the track. It was a conundrum that I didn’t have the answers to so let it slide. I still don’t have answers, but I figure I should explain what the concerns were.

It was only fairly recently that GI did a total overhaul with events. Prior to that, there wasn’t the regular format we see now where items were always collected in their 1000s and tradeable. The ranking system was fairly non-existent, from memory and things would/could vary significantly from year to year. Some events are recycled forever, some appear once or twice and disappear. The standardised format that is used now has tidied many of these things up and certainly makes your job easier to do the wiki, but events are the cream of AC and GI knows that they need to mix things up to keep it interesting and events are one of the best and easiest ways to do that.

Sometimes there isn’t much change at all and other then there are events when major changes take place. Recently in one that had a few changes, an item used in the previous year but not in the current event, was mistakenly overlooked and left in the event rules/description. How to completely bamboozle newbies!
Minor changes are regularly made- that’s a commercial “must” for GI and all changes, however small, will need consideration each year as to whether they affect the WIKI data. Every year, the event section in the forum winds up quickly with questions ranging from complete ignorance to things that are major errors and everything in between. The words, “last year” almost could do with a hotkey. Items change, objectives change, prizes and purchase items - the list is broad. If the wiki is too detailed, the workload each year amplifies significantly.

One such component which will be extremely difficult to track, are the event side quests. I’m glad that discussion has begun about the difference between events and quests because even the game vets use the words incorrectly at times and which causes huge issues when explaining things like Spyglass and Sky Captain - luckily not so much an issue for those two now. Events are short, but large and broad challenges while quests (often called “side quests” with no change to meaning) are much smaller, quite specific tasks and, until recently, the only contents in the little brown folder in the top left corner of the game screen. An event and a quest are very different but can also crossover with event quests. Still the domain of the brown folder, but are specific to, and only exist, during events. A string of Event quests are also included in the game window in a separate tab which includes additional bonuses after completing shorter sub sections of the longer total list. When a player has completed the entire list, a mini prize is collected and that part of the game is considered finished- FOREVER. Every year the event comes back, regardless of the number of changes from the previous year (could technically be zero, but could also be 100s of changes) if the side quests have been entirely completed previously, the player will never see them again- one of the few features going back well beyond the large format change we know today. If GI fiddle with these, the only way to know is if details are recorded by a player who has never done the event and cross checked with a previously recorded document. Good luck with that!!!

These are a few of the things I had thought about, I’ll try and add others as they filter back into my drained brain. Food for thought.

Cheers ;).

We have to cheat the wiki in some way. If you have a better suggestion, post pls :)
I‘m sorry, I have nothing to offer 😩. I was trying to be funny because it’s been a conundrum that I asked myself at the time of the event. The words or Phrase always seemed to go around in circles whenever the title was described in text. GI could have made things so much simpler with a simple word variation. Months later it’s still spinning heads 🤪.

evogamer05

150+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
04vi5kj9k
Username
evo - item needed
@Dave wondering if we should start sharing the event part of the wiki? Not sure if can only allow certain parts. Just thinking might help a lot of people find everything for the events. I've updated everything I can so far and 2 of the missions. Working on adding collections and destinations

@Dave wondering if we should start sharing the event part of the wiki? Not sure if can only allow certain parts. Just thinking might help a lot of people find everything for the events. I've updated everything I can so far and 2 of the missions. Working on adding collections and destinations
Why not all, with no editing options?

Over the last few days i've added all the characters, all the space items, gone though the Repair, Weather, Flight Sets, tidied up the index pages.
Just stared on the event, added all the destinations (no details for brdgetown)

So far it seems the majority of material is there.

Unfortunatly it's either all or nothing for members. Happy for them to have access for the time being without being able to edit.
Happy if everyone else is at this stage?

VdW

600+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03j2z0gz (PM me when adding, or your request might get deleted)
Username
VdW
Over the last few days i've added all the characters, all the space items, gone though the Repair, Weather, Flight Sets, tidied up the index pages.
Just stared on the event, added all the destinations (no details for brdgetown)

So far it seems the majority of material is there.

Unfortunatly it's either all or nothing for members. Happy for them to have access for the time being without being able to edit.
Happy if everyone else is at this stage?

I dont mind about it being open to everyone without editing function. It would take forever if we’re gonna wait until it’s all done.

I dont mind about it being open to everyone without editing function. It would take forever if we’re gonna wait until it’s all done.

I totally agree.
I was waiting for a point where we have the majority of the important bits availabile (the stuff people loof for the most). I think we are now at this stage.

Top Bottom